AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 13:24   Link #881
miketyson

Episode 9: fast, intense, some derpy movements here and there, but still ok everywhere it really matters.

Spoiler for Ep9 Details:

I'm hoping the show will find time to animate the omake wherein Hinata's father gets his diary. That omake will be the best omake, imho.

Given where this ends the next episode has the potential to be completely amazing from start to finish.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:18   Link #882
Anime-fan10

This anime just keeps getting better and better. I rarely watch an anime which continues to progress in terms of plot and character depth, but this anime does a very good job of that. I haven't read the manga, but I've heard great things about it.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:14   Link #883
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I finished reading the manga because I couldn't wait to see how it all ended. It was pretty amazing and I'm wondering how the anime will finish this all the way.
They better keep the ending of the anime exactly the same as the ending of the manga. The meltdowns will be glorious.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 19:30   Link #884
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Akise's introduction into the game welcomes a strong adition to the story, because the way I see it Yukiteru's grasped it, although unconsciously, that Akise can provide him the only thing he's ever wanted: a way to a normal life and having the possibility to make normal friends.

However, it is too early for me to say if Akise might become Yukiteru's ally or not given Yuki's past records with the people he met before and ended with his hopes crush after they revealed their colors, and both Hinata & Nao became brand-new examples of such a sad scenario.

Akira Ishida really fits the mold with freaky-type of characters or those with severe emotional meltdowns. I mean the man right now is also providing the voice of serial-killer character, Uryuu Ryuunosuke for those who are watching Fate/Zero.

But, I cannot believe what my ears were listening to that the day would come when I realized these two particular seiyuu's having characters sharing the same screentime in the same show.

I mean Akira Ishida, of course, and the other Yukana.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:09   Link #885
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Mirai Nikki had its appeal from near the very start, but at last it's finally starting to get interesting.

My favorite part of this episode was certainly Yukiteru's little white lie, but my new favorite character has to be Aru-kun, hands down (and that he's voiced by Akira Ishida couldn't have been a more splendid choice). That he doesn't have a diary to work with and yet still represents such a changing force in the Survival Game will make his character very interesting to watch.

Much in the same way as Kaworu from Evangelion, you get the impression that he can manipulate everything around him like a puppet on strings; yet even his own death doesn't seem to matter much to him in the grand scheme of things. Even that is a part of his intent.

Spoiler for Aru-kun:

Much looking forward to seeing how Yukiteru develops from here on out and how his relationship with Yuno will progress.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 00:52   Link #886
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Akise's introduction into the game welcomes a strong adition to the story, because the way I see it Yukiteru's grasped it, although unconsciously, that Akise can provide him the only thing he's ever wanted
Yes, a gay lover.

Fabulous one at that.
Old 2011-12-05, 02:12   Link #887
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hey guys, check out this new cool looking bike.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 02:23   Link #888
bigdeath

This was certainly an interesting episode. Though I have to question why the girls didn't just destroy Yuki's diary in the first place. Why play this silly game anyway. Hinata was under no threat, she was in the advantage in that situation. Akise's had no way to force her to play that game so it fit a little odd hearing Hinata talk about having lost from the start. No self-esteem I suppose. But come on Hinata, have more confidence since u do have a hot lesbian lover. Hehe, no wonder Hinata can never be more than just friends with Hinata.

Yukiteru's little white lie is a trick he should have used a long time ago. Been waiting for him to pull that move for a while.
However:
Spoiler:

And yes, the best part of the episode was Shinn Kamiyra said:

Spoiler for Aru-kun:

Last edited by bigdeath; 2011-12-05 at 02:47.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 02:52   Link #889
Jestersage

Why do I really get the Eva-vibe? You know, somehow ShinjiYuki will kill KaworuAru (the actual big bad) while AsukaYuno is actually commited to a mental hospital/imprisioned/died, before we get a Gainax ending where Yuki became God and create a new world where Yuno is less crazy and everyone say "Congratulations"?

Come think of it, with the way things are, Mirai Nikki is just like Evangelion without Eva, and a Tsundere replaced with a Yandere that actually loves the protagonist.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 03:48   Link #890
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
This was certainly an interesting episode. Though I have to question why the girls didn't just destroy Yuki's diary in the first place. Why play this silly game anyway. Hinata was under no threat, she was in the advantage in that situation. Akise's had no way to force her to play that game so it fit a little odd hearing Hinata talk about having lost from the start.
My take on that is that Hinata was on a mission from her father, who was convinced Akise was threatening him as a diary holder. She had no reason to feel Yuki was going to hurt her Dad (other than the nature of the game itself, which I suspect she didn't fully understand) so no incentive to destroy his diary. It wasn't Yuki's diary she was after - she was just using it to get at Akise's supposed one.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 05:33   Link #891
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My take on that is that Hinata was on a mission from her father, who was convinced Akise was threatening him as a diary holder. She had no reason to feel Yuki was going to hurt her Dad (other than the nature of the game itself, which I suspect she didn't fully understand) so no incentive to destroy his diary. It wasn't Yuki's diary she was after - she was just using it to get at Akise's supposed one.
I suppose thats the best explanation, it makes sense. Also, forgot to mention:

Spoiler:
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 06:36   Link #892
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Gasai Yuno = Female Character of the year. That's all.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:03   Link #893
Silverwyrm

Aru sure did break Yuno's mood with that line XD I love reading people's ideas here as a manga reader, though I don't talk much since I cant really speculate and I don't wanna spoil.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:26   Link #894
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Episode 9 really made me realize how amazingly wonderful (and terrible) it'll be if Aru and Yuno ever got together.

Which is sadly, pretty much impossible.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:46   Link #895
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Episode 9 really made me realize how amazingly wonderful (and terrible) it'll be if Aru and Yuno ever got together.

Which is sadly, pretty much impossible.
It would be pretty boring. If Mirai Nikki is great, it's bceause Yuno is crarzy over Yuki who is just a normal guy. And now, we have another one who seems to "love" him with Aru
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:23   Link #896
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
I completely agree, anime lead male characters these days are just not interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Spoiler for Aru-kun:
Yuno's facial reaction upon hearing that fabulous line was really priceless
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:36   Link #897
Unknown Soldier
:D

Yuno gives Aru the "I'm going to kill you" look at least 3 times this episode and he just ignores it or is entirely unaware of it. If Yuno gave me her "I'm going to kill you" look I would be getting on the next airplane leaving the country from the nearest airport. Yuno has a tendency to successfully kill people she wants to kill, after all.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:40   Link #898
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I thought the best line was Yuki's: "I just told a lie I can never unsay."

Nothing like tying the noose around your own neck to give you the feeling of: DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:59   Link #899
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Another good episode.

I can't get enough of Aru. I find him a lot more interesting than Yuki personality and motive wise. Throughout the entire episode he knew what to expect and knew the treasures of being right and the consequences of being wrong. He's quite sly and shows no fear to Yuno and Haruka and even smiles at threats of the robotic dogs that awaited him. He isn't crazy or brave or weird...he just has the potential to be a Diary Owner because of his abilities to amaze others with his unexpected antics...I bet he would have been the next one in line to become Forth with a detective diary if the other guy wasn't picked first, that would have been quite interesting to see...quite interesting indeed.

I think it was right of Yuno to stab Mao, we all saw that she had a blade and by the looks of it from the position the knife was in, she was preparing to stab Yuki's diary and eliminate him...so Haruka and Yuki didn't really have a say in the matter when it came down to her actions, Yuno may be crazy, but she's quick and smart.

As for Tenth..well...he's dead. But quite surprisingly, it was Forth who did the killing. Was it pure selfishness that made Forth want to kill Tenth and become a God, or did Forth know about Tenth, Haruka and the robotic dogs and want to stop them? That is the question.

Oh, and was I the only one thinking "Where the hell is that bully guy?" during the entire scene Haruka and Aru were going back and forth?

Edit: Whoops! I almost forgot to mention the humorous part with Aru leaving Yuno speechless when he hinted wanting to be more than friends with Yuki, ahh that was great, her reaction was priceless XD

Last edited by DXMichael; 2011-12-05 at 12:40.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 12:16   Link #900
ookamigirl

Interesting how Yukkii's new friends were everything but that.
Akise was pretty intriguing character.
The guessing games were pretty intense.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere