AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-26, 22:53   Link #921
tetsuo69

could be the reason why 00 after the first 25 eps or so stop airing to get things done better.
bandai learn from its mistakes with destiny :P
Old 2011-03-26, 22:58   Link #922
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
could be the reason why 00 after the first 25 eps or so stop airing to get things done better.
bandai learn from its mistakes with destiny :P
Maybe, but the real reason was that Code Geass had to take the timeslot.

Plus Mizushima's just much better with not using stock footage. Look at the original Fullmetal Alchemist for example. Much better OPs and EDs too.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:30   Link #923
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
No... It would be really bad to hand in a script a day before the episode airs, since its kinda hard to animate the whole episode in a day.

According to the animation director Kabashima, Morosawa was a bit of a perfectionist and she took her time editing the scripts before turning them in to the animation staff. As a result the animation staff had an extremely tight schedule and was forced to use stock footage, and in many cases ran out of time and had to use clipshows... Fukuda kind of confirmed this when he said in an interview that they experienced a ton of difficulties with making the deadline.

Anyway, if you watch Fukuda's older shows, clipshows had always been a problem... He's just a bit loose with those compared to other directors.
I forgot to mention another cause of failure is that Sunrise's execs, the character polls, and Gunpla sales might have interfered with the creative process; look what happened to Batman & Robin, if you let the toy makers make the creative decisions (Gundam Seed Destiny : Batman & Robin :: Bandai : Kenner). Although the Gundam shows has traditionally been merchandise-driven, GSD puts it up there w/ Batman & Robin.
Old 2011-03-27, 06:17   Link #924
winter45

@ Washu-Chan

If this is true then i suppose it is disappointing.... never liked kira and co and really wanted shinn (mind you didnt really like shinn either) to outshine the main cast. But if merchandising did play an influential part on shinns character development stunt then this just adds more bad taste in my mouth.

Just unfortunate in my opinion they didnt have sven from stargazer as the main character in a main CE serie. (whiny emo crying main leading characters never did me *looks at main CE cast*)
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 07:37   Link #925
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I've already mentioned it in my previous posts, but here are some of plausible reasons why SEED Destiny failed, production-wise:
  • Morosawa was battling cancer (or at least had a cancer scare)
  • Kira thrusts Shinn, the de facto main character, from the spotlight from ep. 39 onwards, because he was still over with Japanese viewers; the same can be said for Lacus
  • Fukuda/Morosawa being very demanding on the VAs (esp. Naomi Shindo and Maaya Sakamoto); this was confirmed by Rie Tanaka and Kenichi Suzumura
  • The VAs clashed with Fukuda/Morosawa over how their characters were portrayed (esp. Shindo); Suzumura, Hoshi, Ishida, and Sakamoto supported Shindo
  • Because of the above two, SEED's VAs refuse to work with Fukuda/Morosawa
  • Fukuda never had plans to do a sequel, but the series' strong DVD sales convinced him otherwise
that is exacly why i said in a earlier post that i wouldnt mind a sequel aslong as it wasnt directed by fukuda/morosawa.

@brightman

that is also why a sequel shouldnt be directed by fukuda/morosawa, they are bad directors, if they can't finish the scripts without making changes or get along with the VA team, they shouldn't be directing.

also, i stand corrected @ the script parts, thanks for making that clear
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 10:32   Link #926
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

If I were writing the next Seed project, I would demote Morosawa to a consultant, or at least, credit her with the story, but not get involved with the screenplay.

How do you think she would take it?
Old 2011-03-27, 11:01   Link #927
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
@brightman

that is also why a sequel shouldnt be directed by fukuda/morosawa, they are bad directors, if they can't finish the scripts without making changes or get along with the VA team, they shouldn't be directing.
Morosawa is supposed to make changes to the scripts... She's the lead scenarist, but there are others in the writing team (unlike for Gundam 00), so she's supposed to edit scripts to keep everything consistent. The problem was, if Kabashima was correct, that it took too long (and rumor was that some of it was a result of disagreements within the writing staff).

As for Fukuda, he's kind of a Michael Bay in a way... His stuff may not be critically acclaimed, but it sells. So unless health problems or further crazier production problems prevent it, he's not going to be removed as Seed's director.
Old 2011-03-28, 01:40   Link #928
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@ Washu-Chan

But if merchandising did play an influential part on shinns character development stunt then this just adds more bad taste in my mouth.
According to Fukuda's interview in 2003, he said that one of the reasons behind Dearka's face turn was to increase the sales of the Buster Gunplas, which didn't sell well.

Source: http://aeug.blogspot.com/2003_11_01_...64206584707878

Take these for what you will.

Are there any moments that Seed/Seed Destiny were affected by The Merch?
Old 2011-03-28, 03:53   Link #929
winter45

reffering to the sales of dvd's, cd's and models etc...

but ill take a guess that the models sales themselves is a influential cog in the anime buisness specifically gundam CE on how story and character is developed.

But im just using one of your previous post to understand how sales may influence the outcome of a show.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 12:37   Link #930
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Can we have a stat list for model kits with the gundam shows, so maybe we'll see if there's a correlation between model kits with shows?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-03-29 at 22:01. Reason: remove off-topic
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 12:38   Link #931
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can we have a stat list for model kits with the gundam shows, so maybe we'll see if there's a correlation between model kits with shows?
What kind of stats?
Old 2011-03-29, 16:15   Link #932
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Only two days left in March. We don't hear anything by then, I'm guessing the announcement or whatever got pushed back. Or we were lied to, or error in translation, etc.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 16:19   Link #933
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Only two days left in March. We don't hear anything by then, I'm guessing the announcement or whatever got pushed back. Or we were lied to, or error in translation, etc.
I'm more inclined to believe it's the former.
Old 2011-03-29, 19:53   Link #934
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I believe that it is time to ask a moderator to close this thread due to incompetence and stupidity. March is over, there is no project announcement and therefore no need to continue this discussion any further.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 19:57   Link #935
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

thank god, I was losing sanity over the past month. but yeah, two days to go.

the question is, Will we see another Gundam at this rate this year? Shows getting moved here and there because of the earthquake. Hopefully we'd see a new one before this year ends.
Old 2011-03-29, 20:09   Link #936
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Not to be ants at the picnic but should anyone be giving a damn (In Japan I mean) about promoting something the public at-large aren't gonna be really paying much attention to considering things in Japan right now...

I mean striking when the iron is hot, kinda gets thrown out the window right now...Maybe Gundam will wait til things can get ratcheted back up again...
Old 2011-03-29, 22:02   Link #937
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Closing this thread for now due to lack of new information and circular speculative arguments that lead nowhere. When there is new and relevant news, please feel free to report the thread to have it re-activated, or request a new thread be created.
Old 2011-06-02, 21:46   Link #938
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Re-opening this thread for now since there seems to be new information, but please refrain from getting into too many senseless arguments at least until real details start to surface. Thanks!
Old 2011-06-02, 21:57   Link #939
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The new info:

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2151.html

Considering that Sunrise will already be producing 4 series during the fall season and the new series is being announced at a toy show, I'm assuming this will be an SD Gundam style series unfortunately.
Old 2011-06-03, 11:01   Link #940
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The new info:

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2151.html

Considering that Sunrise will already be producing 4 series during the fall season and the new series is being announced at a toy show, I'm assuming this will be an SD Gundam style series unfortunately.
or it could gundam answer to do series to counter decade & gokaiger.

yet might be return of GS era give next year will 10th year of GS.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote