Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 13:19   Link #101
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
^ Yugito also seemed to have some degree of control over her biju. A shame she was killed so quickly. If Naruto could do this then he would be too powerful. Every fight of his would become academic and predictable.
Unless it was a fake out, Kishi all but told you the Mizukage was going to reach Ao in time. It would be much better for the story if Ao or Fu died. But that won't happen. Kishi has gone soft since Asuma and Jiraiya. Now even new side characters are spared. The Mizukage or her boy will stop Fu from killing Ao and he will zap back into his body. Which will beg the question why was this even shown?
-Oh come on Ms. DeDe, surely you jest. If there's anything that this series has taught me is that there is no such thing as "too powerful" in this story. For the longest time we were to believe that Naruto had the strongets bijuu. And within one chapter we learn that its just a fraction of some other, much better and badder beastie. I admit the scenario could potentially make Naruto "metagame" very easily and early but look at what he has to contend with here. Pain lost to him by a strand of a hair and if things keep escalating, he might even have to take on all 7 other extracted bijuu, at once.

-Besides that, I fail to see how him learning to master the bijuu like Kirabi would make him predictable. Kirabi is so far the only jinchuuriki that is liberal about his bijuu useage. And even then he has tricks that make him interesting and appealing (don't tell me you were not impressed by a lightning-charged, vibrating pencil). Just imagine for a minute what Naruto could do with that degree of control. I got some examples:
-Freely gathering senjutsu energy whilst moving.
-Partial body transformations (ala what Juugo can do with Cursed Seal).
-Short "Beast Out" modes for explosive, quick attacks.
-Kage Bunshin and having the clone do the "Beating Out" while he remains in sage mode for strategic double teaming, all by himself.
-Combining the Fuuton elemental nature to the Kyuubi chakra.
Again, I fail to see how this is not entertaining or unpredictable. Powerful maybe, but not predictable.

-And on the other note, Kishimoto most likely did it for a "double cliffhanger" even though we know where he is going with this. He should read "Suspense for Dummies" a bit more.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2009-11-12 at 16:10.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 13:31   Link #102
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Well there is a main difference between the hachibi and the kyuubi. For one, the hachibi is working with Bee. Why else is everything so easy for him. Naruto on the other hand, the kyuubi wants to come out. If he can get out he would kill Naruto. Big difference. Besides that, chakra control, and everything else, Bee clearly excels Naruto by a TON.
Old 2009-11-12, 13:48   Link #103
james0246

So...how did Sabuchan speak under water...?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 13:53   Link #104
Who

Could've sworn sharks usually eat octopuses... Bee might want a little crash course in food chain 101?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 13:58   Link #105
Kittycountess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Correct. Couldn't care less about either, and find both to be uninteresting so right now they are just annoying page eaters
I found out their names (Ao and Fuu) reading this and the previous thread. Shows how insignificant they appeared to me in the manga. I still don't know what their fight is about, or why one of them looks like a scarecrow.

As for the transformations, IMO they are becoming a bit common and repetitive. Naruto used to be about an arsenal of jutsus and smart ninjas using strategies to uniquely use them. Now every fight involves either a summon or a transformation. It's like Kishi has gone lazy and doesn't want to plot out an interesting fight, so we get all these monsters.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 14:00   Link #106
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Could've sworn sharks usually eat octopuses... Bee might want a little crash course in food chain 101?
Isn't that depend on size?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 14:12   Link #107
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Generally, I would agree with you, but in this case, and with these vaguely defined characters, I am just bored out of my mind. A cat-and-mouse game only works if you have some type of interest in either the cat or the mouse winning, and right now I could care less if Fuu or Ao wins, in fact, they should both just commit suicide and get it over with...
Maybe this is introduction to the secret art of sealing ninjutsu. Until now there was no information about it, how could Naruto learn it or use it in some way. Such seals are among the most important factors in the story, for example Sasuke and CS2, Naruto and the kyuubi-seal. And the manga states that only half of the kyuubi is in Naruto the other half is somewhere else, and Jiraiya gives the key to the frog, there's also a huge scroll in which maybe the other half of the kyuubi is sealed. Also Naruto's father used seals to teleport to far away places. Sasuke already knows about creating seals, he summoned a lot of shurikens from his own hands where he has some kind of seals. Puppet makers also use sealed puppets to fight so they don't have to carry large and heavy puppets everywhere.
So i guess Naruto despite not being a smart guy will have to learn something about seals, and that might be an interesting reading for us.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 14:17   Link #108
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Isn't that depend on size?
Well... it does but in most cases sharks are the predator since the biggest octopuses live way below the range sharks tend to live at.
Although there was this case at an aquarium where all the sharks went missing cause an octopus got hungry. :d
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 14:56   Link #109
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So i guess Naruto despite not being a smart guy will have to learn something about seals, and that might be an interesting reading for us.
Uhm, what about Kakashi or even Tenten? Kakashi is obvious, but Tenten is also known for using fuinjutsu (in fact, all she can do is use seals (-ed weapons))...I'd prefer Naruto hitting up a previously known source of info rather than introducing uncompelling/uninteresting new characters (not that Tenten was ever compelling or interesting)...

That being said, we were introduced to fuinjutsu ages ago. If Naruto ever needed a teacher, he had a master (Jiraiya), but even though said master is dead, Fuckasucky is still alive, as is Toad-Seal-Dude. In other words, this is a pretty shitty reintroduction to a topic that has never mattered that much (or at least the learning of said topic never mattered too much)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:35   Link #110
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Kisame now fused his body with his sword. Wonder how Killerbee can get out of this one.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:35   Link #111
Casshern

I sure as hell hope he doesn't.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:53   Link #112
ThoHell

Kisame is just awesome and I hope he wins!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:58   Link #113
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , Kisame fusion , expected a better look , well , he's amazing .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 15:58   Link #114
Alchemist007
*Author

go Bee !
Old 2009-11-12, 16:18   Link #115
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Just read it, Terrific fight so far in my book. Bee's one-liners are so hilariously awesome. Hope we get another month of this fight non stop.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 16:54   Link #116
jho

LOL DBZ Fusion!
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 16:59   Link #117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The last lines really compensate for the fusion idea...now that he ate the sword, and has insta-heal, how are they ever going to beat him? It's like Kisame got a LV100 claw with major drain effect while Bee's got...how much chakra does Bee have? o_0
And please don't count in tails, I got confused because Kisame ate 6 then Bee took out another 8 and then Kisame took another 6 :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:05   Link #118
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Well... it does but in most cases sharks are the predator since the biggest octopuses live way below the range sharks tend to live at.
Although there was this case at an aquarium where all the sharks went missing cause an octopus got hungry. :d
size and who pretty much strikes first, if the octopus gets his tentacles around the shark and it can't break free...it's game over since sharks have to keep moving to breathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The last lines really compensate for the fusion idea...now that he ate the sword, and has insta-heal, how are they ever going to beat him? It's like Kisame got a LV100 claw with major drain effect while Bee's got...how much chakra does Bee have? o_0
And please don't count in tails, I got confused because Kisame ate 6 then Bee took out another 8 and then Kisame took another 6 :O
I think this usual anime situation calls for the person to overload the enemy then beat the hell out of him while they're over juiced and messed up in the head

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2009-11-12 at 17:16.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:08   Link #119
heebo

I always tought that bijuus have endless or at least nearly endless chakra pool.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:24   Link #120
kanus
Banned

Even in Naruto there have been some trends about Akatsuki members. (Konan was the only exception but she was woman so it's consistant with Kishimoto's other tendencies)

Sasori served to hype Post Sakura.
Deidara captured Gaara, Sanbi and hyped Post-Sasuke.
Hidan served to develop Shikamaru, the Gary Stu of Naruto.
Kakuzu served to hype "new Naruto" with FRS.
Itachi established Sasuke's current mindset.
Pain developed and hyped Naruto beyond kage level.

Kisame dying here against a secondary character doesn't accomplish anything except to taint further Akatsuki rep. Killer Bee already was hyped against Team Taka. He doesn't need more fanwanking here unless Kishimoto is preparing to introduce him into the main cast.

So thats why Kisame will win.
kanus is offline   Reply With Quote