AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-06, 11:26   Link #381
Tsukino Neko

My situation: i did not read the entire thread and i've watched only 2 ep.

i found this show really funny and the teacher is so creepy. why don't the students run for their lives? Cute ending, but i don't like the op (the voice and the song). Does the DearS are slave on their own planet or something?

By the way, Yuun i like your avat, where does it come from?
Tsukino Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 13:02   Link #382
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamer_de
The line is obviously changed intentionally, so there is no reason to fix it. If you see editing of "engrish" lines as an error, so be it.

CU,
lamer_de

Explain to me how editing a line that is not even Engrish since you can hear it clear as day, to something different is ok. I mean If I hear in a song "Through the night" would I be right changing it to "Through the black"
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 14:26   Link #383
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Explain to me how editing a line that is not even Engrish since you can hear it clear as day, to something different is ok. I mean If I hear in a song "Through the night" would I be right changing it to "Through the black"
Well, let's not start a holy war about it... I admit that it's a bit pointless to translate words that are already in English, but at least they didn't change the context. "Through the night" means the same thing as "All night long". That being said, if I were the editor, I probably would have changed it back - no sense translating something that's already in English (even if it were Engrish). I guess for the real answer, we'll just have ask the Anime-Keep team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Ahh~ A triangle Love battle at last... I hope they could extend the series though... it would be such a waste if it were to end at ep13... sigh~
Totally agree with that; 13 episodes is too short!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 15:34   Link #384
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Ahh~ A triangle Love battle at last... I hope they could extend the series though... it would be such a waste if it were to end at ep13... sigh~
Finally got around watching episode 08. You guys all know who I'll be cheering for. And Takeya BETTER make the right choice, or otherwise it could turn this series from having a mediocre grade to a failing one .
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 15:47   Link #385
Adol

In response to dekamaster,

It's a fansub, last time i checked, so let them do it the way they feel they wish to. I mean, You are from TV-nihon, you guys should know about mistakes in fansubs. You shouldn't go around correcting people, unless you feel your the perfect form of human being there is. If you do, i bet there are 50,000 people who disagree with you. Good day. And All hail fansubbers who do it for fun!
Adol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 17:13   Link #386
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adol
In response to dekamaster,

It's a fansub, last time i checked, so let them do it the way they feel they wish to. I mean, You are from TV-nihon, you guys should know about mistakes in fansubs. You shouldn't go around correcting people, unless you feel your the perfect form of human being there is. If you do, i bet there are 50,000 people who disagree with you. Good day. And All hail fansubbers who do it for fun!

If we make mistakes we admit it and correct them. Take our early PGSM the opening song was wrong. We fixed it and moved on. Having mistakes is one thing. But when you have a line in english changed that is something else. I love the work they do but I just wonder about that song. And anyway I am just asking questions you are a troll flamer and I have lowered myself by replying to you. And yes I do know who you are.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 17:15   Link #387
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The phrase "all night long" has associations from old rock songs with making love all night long, whereas "through the night" is more from songs and poems about melancholy feelings. Maybe the translator thought the lines were intended to emphasize the sexual aspect, so he/she changed them.

Or maybe "translating" the words spoken in English was just a joke. As a translator myself (not of Japanese), I can imagine the translator(s) just feeling that reproducing the words was a bit boring, to them and to us, so they changed them. For a lark.

In either case, I respect the translators' choice. After all, they did get our attention, lol.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2004-09-06 at 17:27.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:13   Link #388
g33k
Just another anime fool

Send a message via MSN to g33k
i was just wondering... WTF is up with My Cofee guy? u know the one that was like wasnt that ren-chan? in episode 8.... he has been in all the eps (well maybe not all) and he has sayed My Cofee in all of them... who is he ?
g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 20:28   Link #389
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Been wondering what the point of the My Coffee guy is aswell, perhaps in one of the coming episodes mr. Casanova will try to put the moves on Ren. She's gullible so probably easily tricked into something. He either likes coffee or uses it as a weird metaphor. :P
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 11:33   Link #390
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Neko
[B][SIZE=1]By the way, Yuun i like your avat, where does it come from?
Hmm... Is a character from Hani Hani ~Operation Sanctuary~ Lousy anime plot and story but nice character design... nice opening too ^^ Despite is a trend for a H game turn into anime nowadays but the story isn't solid enough and most of them are just plain boring...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Finally got around watching episode 08. You guys all know who I'll be cheering for. And Takeya BETTER make the right choice, or otherwise it could turn this series from having a mediocre grade to a failing one .
I agree but i wonder who would be Takeya choice?? Well... i'm not particularly like any character in DearS accept for Natsuki but is impossible for Natsuki to enter into the selections. Hmm... Hopefully not Neneko... it would be my nightmare....
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33k
i was just wondering... WTF is up with My Cofee guy? u know the one that was like wasnt that ren-chan? in episode 8.... he has been in all the eps (well maybe not all) and he has sayed My Cofee in all of them... who is he ?
How about the "Headmaster Private Garden"?? I think both of this Headmaster and My-Coffee guy is just a joke to spice up the story... is funny though to suddenly came out of nowhere the "Headmaster Private Garden" in the middle of the story but that "My-Coffee guy" is just plain annoying... Lets just forget about him... besides aren't you feel the 3 girls who always support Ren in the school sounds annoying too??
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 12:38   Link #391
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Well... i'm not particularly like any character in DearS accept for Natsuki but is impossible for Natsuki to enter into the selections.
Why not Natsuki? She's not his REAL sister. This isn't Koi Kaze after all.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 15:57   Link #392
g33k
Just another anime fool

Quote:
How about the "Headmaster Private Garden"?? I think both of this Headmaster and My-Coffee guy is just a joke to spice up the story... is funny though to suddenly came out of nowhere the "Headmaster Private Garden" in the middle of the story but that "My-Coffee guy" is just plain annoying... Lets just forget about him... besides aren't you feel the 3 girls who always support Ren in the school sounds annoying too??
yeah those girls are really annoying 2... witha ll the Takeya ur so mean to ren chan ---
anyways... i dunno why all of u are arguing about.. its simple takeya will choose ren.. (at least thats what i think will happen)
Old 2004-09-07, 17:59   Link #393
Itlandm
Porcupine

My wild guess is that by episode 13 some cosmic event will cause all the DearS to return to the planet they came from. Takeya will say something deep, Neneko will look at him with sympathy but reproach him for being stupid, the end. Nobody will get any.

But before that, we still have a few character that are really under-used. I am pretty sure we will see more of the whip lady, since she appears in the dance of the chibi at the end. Hopefully the biter and her trainer will also get some more spotlight. She is such a puppy!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 21:42   Link #394
g33k
Just another anime fool

I wonder... why does nene-chan (neneko) look at takeyas face like looking for some detail.. and says ohh nothing
Old 2004-09-07, 21:53   Link #395
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Yuun, that's not a pic of Tachibana Chihiro with her hair down is it? Looks nice.

Anyway... this series is pretty entertaining for me, and I actually like the little "My Coffee" and "Headmaster's Garden" segments... reminds me Excel Saga's Pedro and Nabeshin side stories.

I was surprised to find out Kai or whatever that short green-haired DearS was a guy, just goes to show that you can never be 100% sure about a character's sex when it comes to anime.

I don't really know where this series is going, but nontheless it's pretty entertaining.
Old 2004-09-08, 02:01   Link #396
Hoshino Hikari
<3

Ah sorry this is a little late, havnt been here in a couple days. ^^;

I loved ep8~
Spoiler:

Can't wait for ep9, looks good. =3
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 02:56   Link #397
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I think koneko doesn't love him. she only likes him as a neighbour/cousin/wadeva their relationship i forgot. She's just not sure abt how she feels because she has never thought of it.
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 03:10   Link #398
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
I think koneko doesn't love him. she only likes him as a neighbour/cousin/wadeva their relationship i forgot. She's just not sure abt how she feels because she has never thought of it.
That's not Koneko, that's Neneko; and I think she has a crush on whatever the male lead's name is...

Although, I've been curious, why are "konenko" and her man in this anime? I don't get their 3 seconds per episode at all.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 05:29   Link #399
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Well... I don't think Natsuki would have any chance to get involve cause... she just nothing compare to others as Takeya have mention that She is just a "Family" so if you're to make a comparison Natsuki has the lowest chances.

I agree with Itlandm as some characters really IS under used... like that cool guy with white hair and whip lady. I really want to know more about that white hair guy... or is it grey?? I also have the similar tought about DearS going back to their home country and leave the poor Takeya with his melon bread along with Neneko. If so, wouldn't it start to sound a little like Konomini??

To Timeless Enigma, well Chihiro hair is actually short but in the game, at the very ending she'll let her hair grow longer... i prefer her long hair better though ^^

Me too... i never aspect Miu to have such sad past... and maybe because of that she never have any Master since her late master died... Hmm... I really hope Miu take Takeya "so called proposal" into consideration and become his 2nd slave... yea~ That definitely going to boost the story up...

Actually I prefer Miu over Ren in this so called slave thingy... Dunno why, maybe because she is much more cuter i guess... and Miu young look is very cute ^^ the collar is so big that it covers up her chin. Ren is so-so in my point of view...
If things actually work with Miu and Takeya I really hope both of them would end together rather then with Ren.

P/S: Err... nephilim, i think you should change your avatar it did no suits you at all... your previous Hikari's avatar is better....well is just my point of view. Don't take them too seriously...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 05:57   Link #400
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I seriously doubt that the DearS will go back to their home planet, if they had the capability of fixing their ship they would have done so already or at least made plans for it which they obviously haven't. And Miu states that they are easily replaced and not even considered for pickup. It's a bit odd though that there wouldn't be any kind of supervisors on that ship from the alien race that created the DearS. Perhaps they made them selfsufficient, with certain DearS trained to be in charge (such as the whiplady which hasn't really shown too much of herself yet).

No way Miu will end up with Takeya, unless Ren dies off or something, which seems unlikely. Personally I like Ren more anyway, but perhaps that's because of Miu's attitude problems. Miu may be jealous but I don't see her getting between Ren and Takeya, especially with this 'gift' thing popping up. She does seem to get along a bit better with Ren after that though (no guarantees, just saw one short shot of them together in episode 9).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen