AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-04, 18:45   Link #7061
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

If I had to guess it's prolly play a set/series of tanks and win X amount of times in a row. From what I can tell from the pic.
Old 2013-06-04, 19:12   Link #7062
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

WHAT THE **** is wrong with this game tonight ?!?!? =[

I'm finding it impossible to win any higher tier game now no matter how well I play, its like the game is purposefully putting me in rubbish teams just to slow my progress... and tonight alone I lost more credits than I made including whatever I made with my lower tier tanks.

What made it all the worst was the influx of bloody bots on my team all of a sudden, they where in almost every game I had tonight and in a few game there was up to 3 of them !!!

Its an absolute joke that had me boarder line ready to throw my keyboard out the window. =/

/rant over

Last edited by Drake; 2013-06-04 at 19:37.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:49   Link #7063
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Agree, I've been getting that the past couple month now.
Old 2013-06-04, 21:27   Link #7064
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Having consecutive bad teams during a session is a signal for me to start looking for good platoonmates, even if I have to beg for one. Believe me, getting someone like Kimi, Sahin, or Pen on your side can often offset whatever badness the pubs throw at you.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-06-04 at 21:39.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 21:39   Link #7065
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I don't do begging, it not how I roll, besides not everyone has a tier 10 and 9 yet so I'm laying off them and been playing tier 8 and lower but no one on to platoon. Also UTE is grinding and I'm taking my time to get the T62A. Meh I'm pure gold on most of my tanks now. I don't run normal rounds anymore unless they do near or more than 200 pen.
Old 2013-06-04, 21:41   Link #7066
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Once again, another wonderful demonstration on how Touma's mind doesn't run along the same lines as the rest of us here. All gold? What?
Old 2013-06-04, 21:45   Link #7067
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Call w/e but if u ever get games like mine u will need gold if they don't show any weak spots. And yes I have mainly gold running on my tanks.
Old 2013-06-04, 22:51   Link #7068
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, after a dissastruous 12 losses in a row, i managed to get an epic battle with the Hummel, and only 15k xp left for the GwPanther.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 23:18   Link #7069
Gravitas Free Zone

So I finally had a chance to try the E-75 on the test server, without the final gun or engine (which is likely how I'll spend quite a bit of time in that vehicle, given the XP requirements... I probably should have tried it without the second turret either).

Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. Slow.

I'm still not liking the Tiger II because it isn't very perky, but the E-75 just made me sad, and I don't want to be sad while scraping together seventy-five thousand XP (suspension and engine, but of course most people recommend doing suspension, then turret, the engine, which would be one hundred thousand XP...).

Of course, given the XP costs of Tier 9 vehicles, it might just come down to parking the E-75 in the garage while I accumulate free XP without touching my gold supply... for the next two months.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 23:18   Link #7070
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Call w/e but if u ever get games like mine u will need gold if they don't show any weak spots. And yes I have mainly gold running on my tanks.
Not even I do that
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:42   Link #7071
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

See my point? Mow doesn't go out with a full gold setup, and he's a so-called 60%+ player. What Touma is doing simply doesn't make monetary sense for a normal player.

Not that I don't use APCR or HEAT, but it's not 100%! If you do that, you'd be bankrupt VERY quickly.
Old 2013-06-05, 01:39   Link #7072
Mow Yun

The only tank I ever run full gold is my Foch 155, but I still use credit repair/medkit on my tanks. Too lazy to switch :P

Otherwise the most gold I've gone is 16/24/1 AP/HEAT/HE split on my T-34-2. 175 pen on a very meh chassis and NO gun depression and 3.4 sec aim time doesn't cut it.
Old 2013-06-05, 02:04   Link #7073
Mow Yun

Just when I was about to rage-sell my Centurion MK I, I get this game:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Replay:
http://www.mediafire.com/?czmueti8tz1ziie

Pen3 being an awesome teammate and stonewalling their entire team so I could pick off their weak points was awesome too
Old 2013-06-05, 08:21   Link #7074
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Test server shenanigans.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

In short, the Tortoise is hilariously deadly. Definitely a keeper when I get it for real.

Some other opinions:

* The Leopard is wonderful. Who cares about the paper armor since if you play right, tanks just explode left and right.

* The Leopard Proto A is a bit unwieldly due to the reload time, but it's okay too for what it does. Too bad for its gun dep however.

* The T57 heavy is a death dealer par excellence. Yep.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:59   Link #7075
Gravitas Free Zone

No E-75 operators offering a defense of their slow turtle tank? (Yes, I know the armor is good, but in one game I was my team's only survivor on the western flank of Abbey and instead of finishing me off the enemy mediums simply drove past me and capped.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 09:11   Link #7076
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I'm an E-75 user, and it's a good tank. However, to get the most out of it, you WILL have to get the final engine, with more or less requires you to get the suspension too. That said, it's a much more comfortable grind that it first looks, as long as you get all the modules from the KT.

The final engine doesn't make it any faster, mind, but it makes it more agile. 1200 HP will do that I suppose.
Old 2013-06-05, 09:27   Link #7077
Mow Yun

E-75 is like the KT perfected. There's really not much to say about it. The gun is very meh, though. But in my opinion, that's the only thing holding the E-75 back. It's the opposite of the Jagdtiger - the only way they could possibly balance a gun that good was to put it on a chassis that bad. The E-75 is the other way - the chassis is so good, the only way they could make it balanced was to give it a bad gun.

That being said, mix a few APCR in and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:33   Link #7078
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The E-75 is a tier 9.5 tank. With HP close to a tier 10, it can go against those tiers and actually survive the encounter. It is easily one of the most fearsome machine on the battlefield.

Wish they would give us another option in terms of the next tier. I really hope they consider making either the E-75 a tier 10 or give us say, an E-75M. Don't like the E-100. Just can't.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 13:35   Link #7079
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More on the Miniquest system from FTR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallter, Wargaming
The case is that in 8.6 we enable a new functional for automatic in-game events - 'Missions'. Shortly, these are combat tasks, for completing which players will receive certain award. There are lots of variants for Mission conditions that allow us to create really interesting challenges. In the same time there are a lot of awards, which may be received for completing this missions. In future we will even add some unique things....

You will be able to check them out on the live server in July (most probably). Currently we are just testing the functional on Public Test that's why no specific announcement was made. We want to test as much parts of the functional as possible, that's why missions are quite easy, different, and provide lots of rewards.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 14:46   Link #7080
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Nice reward system that should help nubs lvl and play better... getting some gold for wins is a good idea.

I think you guys are overreacting to me going mainly gold on all most all my 44 tanks in my garage. besides i barely have time to play on weekdays anymore... i might not even come on or i'll just log in to do some dailies and go to bed.

I need 190k xp to go for the t62a.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks