AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-29, 03:22   Link #181
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
Has anyone watched episode 13? Was it me or wat that the animation looks quite bad in this episode? the characters look weird to me in this episode. Anyway, they change a new ED.
Thanks for your info .I'm watching sub, so don't know about it.By the way I saw some cosplay pictures for Honoka in akibablog.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 04:08   Link #182
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
Honoka's relationship with Iks can only end in sorrow. He is an alien ("visitor"), afterall, so eventually, he'll have to leave Honoka behind.
"Sadness is not one's Fate, But all meetings will end in parting." *hums*
Err yes aside from quoting the intro,

I don't think Honoka would take something like that sorrowfully, she does not seem the type to sulk about a thing like that.. Its more like I can see her going on, yet remembering him. She is thoughtful but very strong. We have seen something similar before, with the funeral and I think she would be able to go on after parting with Iks as well.
[ ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 22:08   Link #183
psme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
Has anyone watched episode 13? Was it me or wat that the animation looks quite bad in this episode? the characters look weird to me in this episode. Anyway, they change a new ED.
Indeed! It looks like the whole casts have been replaced! It's so awful that actually looked funny sometimes! LOL!

Luckily, episode 14 is back to normal.

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 07:20   Link #184
firewolf_005
月光の&

Send a message via MSN to firewolf_005
Does anyone know if the subbers for this have gone on holiday or are having technical difficulty? Not to complain but this anime is moving along a little slow while the raws are fully available
firewolf_005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 10:34   Link #185
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewolf_005
Does anyone know if the subbers for this have gone on holiday or are having technical difficulty? Not to complain but this anime is moving along a little slow while the raws are fully available
I'd been hoping that my absence (1 week vacation) wouldn't cause progress to slow down, but it seems it may have been partially the reason. I will state that we have no intention to drop the series. Rest assured, it is still being worked on.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 02:17   Link #186
firewolf_005
月光の&

Well that's good to hear. The people that were working on Zegapain went on holidays and are having their whole site remade, so I thought maybe that might have happened with "The Third" as well. Though I wouldn't blame ya for taking a holiday, I've been in Japan for 3 weeks now and translating constantly makes you soooo tired (I've only been truely studying Japanese for like 5 months)

Well Do you your best, I've gone to reading the Japanese raw manga now :P (only one book out still V_V)
Old 2006-08-10, 08:36   Link #187
Viole

When refering to episode 13 i'm assuming your refering to the raws? Has episode 10 subs been released yet do you know?
Viole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 16:04   Link #188
kauldron26
Med Student

so are these guys still doing the third or what?? its been 4 weeks now... i hope everyone on their team is ok, and nothing happened to cause the delay.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 09:10   Link #189
Devastator

One of the staff seems to have disappeared since around the time that I left for vacation. He hasn't been responding to any IMs and hasn't even shown up on IRC since that day (he last notified the group that he was almost done with that episode -- 90%).

Another member 'supposedly' took over the position. I hadn't known this prior to taking the matter into my own hands and doing the job myself (which took me roughly 1 hour, plus 30 minutes for what I've been doing on a regular basis for the series) to find that he was supposed to do it, but he hadn't even begun. Since I did the work, he was supposed to take care of another episode, but I've yet to see any progress with that.

Additionally, I seem to have stopped receiving translations for the next few episodes (haven't even received a translation for the new ED yet). So it's not like I can do the extra work I had done with episode 10 for those (or even work on the new karaoke).

The current editor is often busy as well, which puts the project in a poor spot in that area, as if it had been going steadily, it probably would've been
up to the current episode already. However, the editor does an excellent job in my opinion. I could go back to editing the episodes myself, but they wouldn't be anywhere near the level the current editor puts them at.

Kind of makes one consider thinking twice about going off on vacation. I'm not any more impressed than anyone else (technically, I'm no longer the project leader either since all I really do now is typeset. The other jobs I had, which weren't one-shot, were taken over by others).
Old 2006-08-19, 23:07   Link #190
kauldron26
Med Student

i hope everything works out, and i hope all is well. I also appreciate u responding to my post.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 04:27   Link #191
Schacko

Thanks for the statement :)

Well, I asked some times in IRC already, if the subbing is stalled/halted/dropped or something. Guess it was you Devastator, saying the subbing is still in progress.

So - when there is a shortcut on members responding/working on it - did you and/or your team ever think of lending some "resources" from other fansub-groups?

I don't say that because I want the new eps. now, I just think doing the work of a whole team with just 1-3 ppl seems a bit much ...
Schacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 07:22   Link #192
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schacko
Well, I asked some times in IRC already, if the subbing is stalled/halted/dropped or something. Guess it was you Devastator, saying the subbing is still in progress.
It was actually somewhat in between having been stalled and being worked on (certain members had still been working while I was away and still are trying to get the work done) and we did not drop it, so I suggested that it was still being worked on, hoping that a release would come around soon enough.

Quote:
So - when there is a shortcut on members responding/working on it - did you and/or your team ever think of lending some "resources" from other fansub-groups?
I'd say that the team as a whole believes that there is enough staff to get the project going (the staff originally started with about 6 or 7 people depending on how you look at it -- a translator, raw provider, encoder (who took over my job of checking the QCs), timer, AFX user, 1 QCer and myself -- one of which only needed to work twice so far). Depending on how things go, another individual from original staff may take over timing.

Quote:
I don't say that because I want the new eps. now, I just think doing the work of a whole team with just 1-3 ppl seems a bit much ...
The team does have a fair number of members (although a number of them are QC and some seem to have disappeared or appear on occassion). As is the case with probably most of the other groups though, we are always welcoming new members.
Old 2006-08-20, 10:32   Link #193
firewolf_005
月光の&

Although this won't help you out any time soon, I will be an English teacher in Japan in a year and a half and could provide your group with translation scripts of various animes (mattering on whether I like the anime, I don't like stuff that is overly echii for example) that you will be working on in the future. I'll probably give you guys a shout here or on the IRC channel in regards to this at that time though.
Old 2006-08-25, 06:09   Link #194
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

This is a cool series, I watched up to ep.16, which I believe is the newest ep so far.
Spoiler for Up to ep.16:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 19:22   Link #195
i0td

Just picked up the series and watched the first episode, and I have to say that this series looks promising. An interesting set of characters so far, great potential for a very intriguing plot, and excellent animation to boot. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

The only thing I find a bit bothersome is the narration. A little at the beginning of an episode is fine, but to constantly stick in some voiceover in the middle of an episode feels somewhat abrupt and disruptive. Just let the characters and setting speak for themselves.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 21:01   Link #196
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

The the narrator's voice is pretty annoying during the episode, and most of the time he's just stating the obvious.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 21:13   Link #197
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
I hope everything works out on the fansub staffing. Good luck with that.
Old 2006-08-28, 22:42   Link #198
i0td

I have just watched a few more episodes, and I must say that this is become the impressive series. The music is very pleasant, the setting desolate and yet appealing. The stories behind the characters are also beginning to unravel and take shape. And from the preview, there seems to be so much more to Honoka's history. I still haven't watched far enough into the show to understand what the underlying story is just yet, but everything so far has been set up very smoothly and this series has definitely caught my full attention.
Old 2006-08-29, 06:55   Link #199
firewolf_005
月光の&

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td
I have just watched a few more episodes, and I must say that this is become the impressive series. The music is very pleasant, the setting desolate and yet appealing. The stories behind the characters are also beginning to unravel and take shape. And from the preview, there seems to be so much more to Honoka's history. I still haven't watched far enough into the show to understand what the underlying story is just yet, but everything so far has been set up very smoothly and this series has definitely caught my full attention.

For you to understand Honoka's background you would have to read the manga, which is unrelated to the anime which is Honoka's life after the manga. I've bought the first volume, but the manga is brand new and so I am still waiting for the next one to come out (you will have to understand japanese language to read it though and or a good manga translator would also be useful)
Old 2006-08-29, 08:33   Link #200
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewolf_005
For you to understand Honoka's background you would have to read the manga, which is unrelated to the anime which is Honoka's life after the manga. I've bought the first volume, but the manga is brand new and so I am still waiting for the next one to come out (you will have to understand japanese language to read it though and or a good manga translator would also be useful)
What can I say, I'm far behind in this series. If the anime series does a good job with the details behind Honoka, I'll be happy.

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen