AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 21:18   Link #221
watcher26

i got problems playing ep.18
does anyone else have problems with that episode too?
watcher26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:35   Link #222
Devastator

If it's about our (Fansub no Tameni's) releases, then it would be prefered that you bring up the issue on the forum / email (Fansubnotameni@gmail.com) / IRC channel (#FnT on irc.rizon.net) / PM staff if you know their nick on AnimeSuki.

Anyways, I would assume that CCCP users should have no problems since Django uses it. I've switched to individual codecs and have no issues playing the MKV. It would help to include technical information like the OS you use, etc., but please use one of the listed methods to reply.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 16:46   Link #223
kauldron26
Med Student

does anyone know were ic an get images of "the third" anime?? i cant find any good ones on google, i want some of honoka and paife in action fighting etc...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 14:19   Link #224
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator
Either that, or they want viewers to think that.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-01 at 07:06.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 19:17   Link #225
Mangaka-chan

Can someone give me a quick summary of what happened between episodes 12 and 19? I was away on vacation so I had no idea what went on for a few weeks. What I do know is that
Spoiler:
But beyond that I'm completely lost right now.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 01:37   Link #226
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz

the animation is weak on this eps , also the three meals a day, sufficient sleep answer from Honoka ^_^

and look like someone is going to bite the dust T_T
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 16:53   Link #227
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Question

I got a odd question (as I've only watched as far as ep. 10, but will be watching ep. 11 soon. REALLY like the show mind you.) would the character 'Paifu' fall into the category of "tsundere"?

She's pretty interesting mind you. I like her but in the world of 'The Third' you don't how things are going to be. It's an interesting mixture. I wonder how close to the manga it's following.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 17:25   Link #228
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
I got a odd question (as I've only watched as far as ep. 10, but will be watching ep. 11 soon. REALLY like the show mind you.) would the character 'Paifu' fall into the category of "tsundere"?

She's pretty interesting mind you. I like her but in the world of 'The Third' you don't how things are going to be. It's an interesting mixture. I wonder how close to the manga it's following.
Yeah, I suppose you could describe her as tsundere, she's certainly takes her time to warm to Honoka. Actually aside from Honoka's character Paifu is one of the best things about this show, the most recent episodes really show her to be nothing short of awesome.
Old 2006-10-07, 21:35   Link #229
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Yeah, I suppose you could describe her as tsundere, she's certainly takes her time to warm to Honoka. Actually aside from Honoka's character Paifu is one of the best things about this show, the most recent episodes really show her to be nothing short of awesome.
I'll be looking forward to more of her skillz and antics. Is anyone "blogging" this show? It's so hard to get a decent blog on anything these days.

Old 2006-10-08, 05:14   Link #230
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Star Crossed is blogging it. He's up to ep.19 at the moment.
Old 2006-10-09, 10:31   Link #231
chrno

Quote:
Star Crossed is blogging it. He's up to ep.19 at the moment.
Ah, THANKS!! Excellent! Like I said it's hard to get a decent blog on a new show these days.

Oh, and nice avatar switch.

Old 2006-10-12, 10:57   Link #232
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

wow, episode 20 was GREAT. That's all I can say.

Looks like Blue Breaker can't figure Honoka out.
Old 2006-10-14, 02:44   Link #233

Would someone please shoot the narrator?

Just watched the first 5 episodes of The Third, and I'm calling quits. There's a lot to like about the show, but I just can't stand the fscking narrator! It's bad enough that the producers sometimes decide to tell you what's going on instead of showing you, more often the narrator is stating the obvious! I don't need someone to tell me that Honoka has the hots for Iks--the dilating pupils and the dramatic pause isn't enough? Heck, I'll even take excessive internal monologue over the narrator. It completely destroys the mood of the scene.
Old 2006-10-20, 15:21   Link #234
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 052569 View Post
Just watched the first 5 episodes of The Third, and I'm calling quits. There's a lot to like about the show, but I just can't stand the fscking narrator! It's bad enough that the producers sometimes decide to tell you what's going on instead of showing you, more often the narrator is stating the obvious! I don't need someone to tell me that Honoka has the hots for Iks--the dilating pupils and the dramatic pause isn't enough? Heck, I'll even take excessive internal monologue over the narrator. It completely destroys the mood of the scene.

Oh c'mon now can it be all that bad? Actually someone made fun of the narration by doing their own...

"Honoka wondered if Millie was legal in the desert."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Now that was a GREAT line!!

Yeah, the narrator is a bit much but it's not that bad. If you let it get to you then you're a fool. I say poke fun at it and move on. The show is great ! I like it. Don't let it get to you or you'll be missing some good stuff. I need to catch up as I've only done ep. 12. Yeah, 'Paifu' the best thing that happened since "sliced bread".

Old 2006-10-21, 08:06   Link #235
Winchester

The narration in the show is no worse, IMO, than the constant little narration boxes in a US comic book. Quite the opposite. Besides, I'm not all that observant myself, and I find it helps a little. If it upsets you too much, just ignore it...

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 19:14   Link #236
chrno

I agree. Like I said just make fun of it. That's one way to make light of a terrible situation. I guess it's easier to read a narration than hear it.

Old 2006-10-22, 02:50   Link #237
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is a show I came to late and keep trying to ditch, but I just can't. I think it's because of Honoka. The character designer, scriptwriters, and especially Toyoguchi Megumi have created a great character. I've seen up to episode 23, and she simply gets better and better.

And the mystery of who or what Iks and Honoka actually are, and whether they will get together, has also kept me going, despite a plot that seems to drag and animation that sometimes freaks out even me. I actually like the narrator, though. It gives the thing a mythic feeling.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-22 at 03:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 22:50   Link #238
SinsI

Episode 23 = massive quality drop, all the characters looks as if they suffer from Dawn syndrome. Especially compared to action-packed scenes a couple episodes back.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 04:44   Link #239
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Episode 23 = massive quality drop, all the characters looks as if they suffer from Dawn syndrome. Especially compared to action-packed scenes a couple episodes back.
Almost but not quite as bad as the unholy number 13. I was dumbfounded when I watched 23, the penultimate episode as well. At least you can see they've put all their efforts into the last ep; although I'm not a fan of all that cloned CG.

I'm beginning to think they'll be additional episodes on dvd or an OAV or a second series...
Old 2006-10-25, 13:25   Link #240
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
I'm beginning to think they'll be additional episodes on dvd or an OAV or a second series...
I'm not opposed to that but I do wish that they could at least keep the animation consistent.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci fi, shounen