Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 09:48   Link #1181
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Cool, I was hoping they would remove the mask one in tonight's maintenance. I get my Hallowed title tomorrow, nice. ^^

But something just occurred to me...I did a swift UBRS raid to the rookery to get the Jenkins title tonight, just before shutdown. Does the Jenkins title stack with other titles? Because I didn't see an option on the Character display to switch the Jenkins title on or off. I get the impression it was always on. But I wonder if getting a 2nd title will then cause an option to choose either, or if they will stack. Not sure....
On your character sheet, there'll be a drop down menu at the very top.

Mine has 4 or 5 I can choose from.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 10:16   Link #1182
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, I am familiar with that one. The thing is, after I got the Jenkins title, there wasn't a drop-down menu. So I wasn't sure as to whether I was stuck with it forever or not. Perhaps it activates once you get multiple titles. Well, I'll be switching to 'The Hallowed' tomorrow then. Much nicer than 'Jenkins', plus the fact so many players have the Jenkins title. Not many people seemed to know how to do the 15 Hallows End achievements properly, so I think 'The Hallowed' will be a far less common title.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:17   Link #1183
Komori
D:

I think it takes a zone out to get it to pop up or something. I remember my friend saying it wasn't instant for him when he got his first title.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:27   Link #1184
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Now I don't have to get all the stuff for my Barding on my Paladin and then have to do that Scholo thing to get my epic mount. Yay!
Old 2008-11-04, 10:33   Link #1185
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
I think it takes a zone out to get it to pop up or something. I remember my friend saying it wasn't instant for him when he got his first title.
Weird, I went through 4 different zones before I logged and it still didn't pop up. I have the title on my name plate but no drop-down menu.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:37   Link #1186
krisslanza

Do you have any other titles? Maybe if you have none it's just being screwy with you. Maybe a log in and log out would've worked too.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:59   Link #1187
Komori
D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Weird, I went through 4 different zones before I logged and it still didn't pop up. I have the title on my name plate but no drop-down menu.
I'm pretty sure it'll show up when you log in today, even if you didn't get the other title.
Old 2008-11-04, 12:29   Link #1188
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So...do the epic mount quests still exist for warlocks, paladins, and druids?

If not, then having one of these mounts before the patch could become an achievement or something...because at least the warlock and paladin quests were a pain in the ass by 2.4 and I imagine worse around 2.0 when people stopped going into the old world instances but they hadn't changed the gathering and crafted materials numbers yet.
Old 2008-11-04, 12:42   Link #1189
Komori
D:

I'm pretty sure it's still available but it's not required after the level they were made for.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:00   Link #1190
krisslanza

It'll probably be like The Eye attunement. The quests will still exist if you want to do it for some reason (RP perhaps or the EXP...) but you don't NEED to do them anymore.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:11   Link #1191
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or if one is impatent at 60, but really wants that mount (and "free" training). But 61 isn't that far off. Though I recall the leveling at 60-63 as taking a real long time.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:55   Link #1192
Komori
D:

It's not really free. You have to learn the riding skill before you can learn your class mount. No free epic mounts there.
Old 2008-11-04, 14:14   Link #1193
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm. The quest route gave you the skill at the end along with the epic mount. Not exactly "free", but it was slightly cheaper than buying the riding skill and an epic mount (and the Felstead was really cheap verses buying the skill and the normal mount).
Old 2008-11-04, 14:26   Link #1194
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Blizzard needs to install a "Summon Random" button for the pet window. With so many pets it can be so hard to choose which one to use at times . Not to mention a random summon macro would be way too long with the 255 character limit. (A random summon for mounts would be nice too due to the macro size limit )
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:11   Link #1195
krisslanza

Well the epic mount quest, for Paladin at least, would involve spending at LEAST 300 gold. If you couldn't make Arcanite Bars or find Arthas' Tears you might end up spending another 100 gold or more depending... I think on ED it costs 20g an Arcanite Bar so that would 200g in the bars alone. And the Tears are expensive too.

Heck if you have to BUY the mats it'll end up costing you about 600g anyway.
Old 2008-11-04, 17:44   Link #1196
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cool, haunt is lower CD, make things a little easier. Never bothered really finishing the Hallowed stuff, I should have though.

Last day of Beta today, no event as of yet though. Poor ol' DK will be back to 55 in a week!

It's all quite exciting to be sure.
Old 2008-11-04, 18:36   Link #1197
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Question is...will the Warlocks, Paladins, and Druids, that did there quests get anything out of it extra now that they've changed the system so that one can now just buy the epic mount spells after training for the riding skill?

I don't know about the Druid quest(s) but the Warlock and Paladin quests were a pain the ass...but fun. The Warlock quest was harder than the Paladin quest. I say this because two not all that well equipt 70s can do the Paladin quests. It seems it takes a little bit more for the warlock quest (at least the Dire Maul part). Either two well geared 70s, or three lesser geared 70s. (I did it with three 70s and a 68 and it was not easy.)
Old 2008-11-04, 18:53   Link #1198
Xacual

Actually Beta has already ended, which means it ended without an event

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 19:00   Link #1199
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

server is still up though! cause I was on there like... an hour ago!
Old 2008-11-04, 19:30   Link #1200
krisslanza

Maaaan Outlands in Emerald Dream keeps crashing
And ugh. Hammer of Wrath got nerfed harder. 35% > 20% health required is a huge jump.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows