AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-12, 00:44   Link #5721
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't know if Touma has bombardment style magic like Hayate. All he's used is an Unlock spell and a Protection spell, and the Divide Zero attack. Which is a long-range beam from the looks of it. Which is closer to Nanoha's style of combat rather than Hayate's--Nanoha concentrates on long-range strikes with beams, Hayate concentrates on annihilating anything and everything in a given area. >____>

Hayate probably doesn't teach because she'd be a terrible example, considering her own limitations in magic. Limitations Nanoha doesn't have.
Old 2009-12-12, 11:54   Link #5722
Tabasco

And presumably some kind of strength booster, if he's hauling Lily all the time.
Old 2009-12-12, 13:27   Link #5723
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
And presumably some kind of strength booster, if he's hauling Lily all the time.
A body that does not tire. Good on a run from the cops, good for the long, long ni-*SHOT*

Ehem. On a more serious note, this could mean taking out the Divider carriers may not be quite easy. They have the advantage of not getting tired easily (if they DO get tired, that is. Touma doesn't seem to have slept at all) and if the Reactors (the ladies) can provide them with a massive boost in magical output, it would give their pursuers a headache, especially if they also prove to be equally cunning and skilled in combat.

Signature by liro
Old 2009-12-12, 13:32   Link #5724
Lord Pertinax
Word Bearers Kommandant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Never thaught about that...it's a pretty posible answer.

"For each hero's song thousands die alone, unsung and unremembered." Anonymous.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:33   Link #5725
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Which reminds me: does our nun-slaying Squall-wannabe have a reactor-lady?

(There's a sentence I didn't see myself saying seriously 5 years ago...)
Old 2009-12-12, 15:35   Link #5726
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The woman that's with him might be, but we don't know who that is or what purpose she has.

Old 2009-12-12, 16:00   Link #5727
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Well, from chapter 1 it's pretty obvious that Lily is a powerful weapon of some sort... but I still don't understand exactly what she did to Touma in chapter 1. Did she lend him her power to fight, or did she just use her power to amp up his attack?
Old 2009-12-12, 16:04   Link #5728
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as I can tell, Lily and Touma meeting created some sort of weird link between the two. When the fire was pounding on the Protection spell he and Steed were casting, it seemed that all Lily did was make that link active, resulting in Touma's E-C Divider, the Book of the Silver Cross, and his spiffy new Barrier Jacket appearing.
Old 2009-12-12, 17:09   Link #5729
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, we see Lily putting the Engage Ring on his arm, which triggered his power up. However, there may actually be something more to Touma himself than meets the eye (quite literally) as there's that weird deal when his eye starts bleeding.
Old 2009-12-12, 17:28   Link #5730
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Well, obviously Touma has some sort of latent potential, since he could hear Lily calling for help before he even knew who she was or what she could do. Last time that happened in the series Nanoha found Yuuno, and we all know how powerful Nanoha turned out.
Old 2009-12-12, 18:25   Link #5731
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, obviously Touma has some sort of latent potential, since he could hear Lily calling for help before he even knew who she was or what she could do. Last time that happened in the series Nanoha found Yuuno, and we all know how powerful Nanoha turned out.
That's because Nanoha is the main character
Then again...I suppose Touma can be considered the main character in Force :3

But yeah, he's be carrying Lily all this time and never complained, he actually says to Lily not to worry because she's light...and that makes him wonder if it has some relation to the magic he received.

...argh, the more I talk about Force, the more I want the next chapter >_<
Old 2009-12-12, 18:30   Link #5732
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, Touma's been on the road for quite some time, so he's obviously quite fit because of it. Combined with just how much magic users eat, they likely have to make sure they stay in shape. Add to that Lily's been stuck in a chamber on a stone slab for god knows how long, and hasn't kept in shape at all, she's probably extremely light. Combine the factors, and its not all that weird to see Touma carrying her around without much trouble.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:25   Link #5733
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, magic users eat a lot because magic (particularly the front-line reinforcement type) burns a lot of calories so it's actually the magic itself that puts them into such great shape.

Magic, the ultimate fitness.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:52   Link #5734
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, magic users eat a lot because magic (particularly the front-line reinforcement type) burns a lot of calories so it's actually the magic itself that puts them into such great shape.

Magic, the ultimate fitness.
I could just imagine Nove doing a Fitness Program show...

*giggle*
Old 2009-12-12, 22:12   Link #5735
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Wendi controls the camera angles.
No I figured that was Sein with her intangibility and her camera finger thing.
Old 2009-12-12, 23:04   Link #5736
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But what would Nove do if she ever realized just what kind of camera angles are being used? D:
Bad things.

*shivers*

Very bad things.

Right, back on topic. That would make send, Nanya. The two weapons we've seen so far are pretty similar to each other, enough that it might be a side effect of the infection.
Old 2009-12-13, 04:34   Link #5737
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Lyrical Drop 4th(Column by Tsuzuki Masaki) from Newtype 2010 Jan issue

Double Breaker episode 2(prologue for Nanoha A's PORTABLE -BATTLE OF ACES-) from Comptiq 2010 Jan issue

P.S. I know this image was already posted in the image thread but i think the whole of the page including the story text has worth re-post.m(_ _)m

Last edited by JINNSK; 2009-12-13 at 05:37.
Old 2009-12-13, 05:57   Link #5738
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Reminder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
A thread to discuss the Megami Magazine manga adaptation of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
This thread isn't to complain about the haters, it isn't to whinge about receiving neg rep and it isn't about mood bracelets. Please remain on-topic to the subject otherwise posts will be deleted and Infractions issued.
I don't have time to issue Infractions for the current off-topic chatter going on in this thread at the moment so I'm going to give everyone some time to eidt or delete their recent posts.

So, Rising Dragon, RadiantBeam, remove the *shot* jokes. Lord Pertinax, if you want to ask such questions then do it by VM or PM. Others, remove the "merchandise" and "camera angles" comments (whatever that is all about) and return back to the topic at hand.

When I have time later in the day, Infractions (not Warnings) will be issued to anything off-topic (and that includes posts that have partial off-topic comments in as well).
Old 2009-12-13, 06:17   Link #5739
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Xris is gonna break out the hammer, soon.
Old 2009-12-13, 12:25   Link #5740
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
Lyrical Drop 4th(Column by Tsuzuki Masaki) from Newtype 2010 Jan issue
fffff, awesome. Enforcer Teana and Subaru >_<!
Quote:
Double Breaker episode 2(prologue for Nanoha A's PORTABLE -BATTLE OF ACES-) from Comptiq 2010 Jan issue

P.S. I know this image was already posted in the image thread but i think the whole of the page including the story text has worth re-post.m(_ _)m
Yes, yes it was. Thanks again, JINNSK. olawd, the seiyuu jokes going through my mind already.

Man, definitely cannot translate Double Breaker yet. Maybe when it's completed? Here's hoping someone else steps up.

YAGAMI-KE BANZAI

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen