AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-12-12, 12:01   Link #1101
arkhangelsk

Thanks.

OK, a few more comments. Nanoha really is just going to be a Combat Arts Instructor.

It seems that you guys can stop betting on who is going to become AA. In the end, it sounds like all of them (except Caro) are going to take the AA test, and they are all expected to pass it.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 18:23   Link #1102
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Just heard SS04, quite nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Very enlightening though this is a bit surprising. Quite some developments that they decide to leave to the SS again.

FlameSparkZ was dead on about the Cinque bit though. Now for the waves to hit Outer Cadia..

Wait. Until the graduation? So this part takes place in the time period of ep 26 and they had to shove it to ep 27.

I just wrote what I felt in the moment, but it seems I was right
Old 2007-12-13, 00:30   Link #1103
CrazyPerson

Quick question to you guys, does Fate's song in SS04 sound energetic like her OPs, ED's or insert songs? I'm debating whether to download it or not.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 03:41   Link #1104
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
Quick question to you guys, does Fate's song in SS04 sound energetic like her OPs, ED's or insert songs? I'm debating whether to download it or not.
nah not really, it sounds more like an ending theme song for the Sound Stages since SoundStage 04 is the last one for StrikerS.
But its still a good song to listen to though!!...Heck, its Nana Mizuki, so of course its good.:heh (but that's just my opinion)

As for the SoundStage itself, it sounds like it had added an extra closure towards StrikerS...well somewhat.
I haven't listened to all the tracks yet, but judging from how everyone is interpreting the drama tracks in this SoundStage, there wasn't any interesting closure...other than Nanoha possibly retiring and Vivio taking on as the next "white devil".
Though Nanoha teaching the Strikers (Forwards) her moves that she's grown to learn over the years sounds interesting...if there ever is a fourth season, we'll be sure to see how that turned out for these four youngsters.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 04:05   Link #1105
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary guys, that was interesting.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 18:31   Link #1106
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
It is common in Nanoha to push the less wholesome (except the absolute plot requirements) and happy portions out of the limelight. The shortage of mages in the TSAB is discussed in the novel, as is their impressment policy. The part about Hayate feeling as if she's a tool is concentrated in the manga as well. It is as if they try to make the anime as fluffy as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
How many more disappointments does the TSAB want to hand out to us? Does 7Arcs want us to hate this bureau as much as possible?

Come to think of it ... Hayate's case was also decided in the Summary fashion, and in Fate's case, there was some kind of trial but the defense lawyer is conspiciously missing the whole way! Chrono, who in our world would have been a witness as a police officer, seemed to have been her primary defence counsel, telling her what to say!

Keroko, remember when I mumbled that we wouldn't be so badly off under the TSAB. Maybe I was wrong...
This could just be an issue of the fact most people probably don't reall care that much about this kind of stuff. It sorta reminds me of Halo acutally if you just play the games the UNSC seems pretty neutral or standard “good guys”… Then you read the EU stuff and we have them adducting and experimenting on children, siccing assassins on political enemies, in fighting and dick waving between services all over the place, planets in rebellion against the government despite the alien menace, military officers stationed at news outlets to determine what the population is allowed to see of the war, and even mention of using nuclear weapons to control uprisings by the populace! All they’re missing is the Jack Boots…

Now go read some fan fiction, this kind of thing almost never comes up and 90% of it is about some group of humans (or more rarely covenant) either getting stranded somewhere remote and proceeding to kill hostile aliens wholesale (and then slapping each others backs afterwards) or the aliens helpfully coming to them in order to be killed. Also the characters probably stumble upon ancient uber tech at some point that may or may not given them super powers, but will probably try and kill them first in any case.

Fact is most of the 50 bazillion guys that bought the Halo games really don't give two shits about the UNSC politics. So it’s mostly left out of the games to streamline them and appeal to the mass market while the more in depth material for those interested in such thing is made available through other outlets. I think it’s probably the same thing here a few of us might want more info and discussion about the TSABs politics and shadier side, but allot of people probably really wouldn’t care about it. You heard people complain about poor character development, uneven pacing, and somewhat weak plotting but it was a very small minority that ever mentioned military tactics or politics as areas they wanted more of or felt needed improvement.

Fact is that IMO most anime fans like in any other media aren’t really that interested in such things (anymore then many people nowadays are interested in how their real government works...). Just like some guy playing Call of Duty 4 (A crazy Russian has the bomb go violate dozens of international treaties and borders to stop him!) or Ghost Recon (Evil Mexicans have kidnapped the President, are you a bad enough Ghost to rescue him?) isn’t really going to consider how crazy the scenarios in them are if they’re fun to play. Nor will most people on watching Nanoha really think or care that much about the TSAB's politics if the show is fun and has a decent plot and characters.

That's just my take anyway IMO the reason we don't see much about the TSAB "shady" side or politics has less to do with some "cover up" as a lack of interest by most of the fan base. Hell even I don't really care THAT much either sure I'll talk about it for fun and theorize at lenght, but frankly I'm not watching a show about cute girls flying around in elaborate costumes shooting multi-colored energy blasts for it's hard hitting and well plotted political commentary...
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:11   Link #1107
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Hm. I hate to drive away from how things are going now, with so much focus on SS04, but...

This is a link to one amazing MAD. Backing track for the first part is a track from SS03, "Wind of Blessing" (or "Blessed Wind", take as you will). Includes otherwise-impossible footage of one happy Yagami family and everyone dissing Shamal's otherworldly cooking ...among other things.
Icarisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:19   Link #1108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*falls down* Why didn't anyone else think of this?! This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:33   Link #1109
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
That's just my take anyway IMO the reason we don't see much about the TSAB "shady" side or politics has less to do with some "cover up" as a lack of interest by most of the fan base. Hell even I don't really care THAT much either sure I'll talk about it for fun and theorize at lenght, but frankly I'm not watching a show about cute girls flying around in elaborate costumes shooting multi-colored energy blasts for it's hard hitting and well plotted political commentary...
I won't disagree with your take. But I must then ask another question. Why is it that so many storywriters feel Organization Development must be biased towards the Negative direction.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:19   Link #1110
Jimmy C

I can't find out for sure, were Nanoha's (yes, the original) Sound Stage 2's tracks ever translated? I recently managed to get chinese subbed version from the same group that did the Strikers SSes.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 18:21   Link #1111
Nagumo
Random Translator

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's SOUND STAGE 03

13 - Chrono ni Tsuite
13 – Concerning Chrono

Chrono: Oka. A five man portion of yakisoba is finished.
Miyuki: Oh, thanks Chrono-kun. Sorry for making you help out.
Chrono: No problem, it’s all Amy’s fault anyways. She shouldn’t have wandered off like that.
Miyuki: But I’m really surprised, you’re good at anything you do.
Chrono: It’s because I did survival training in officer school.
Miyuki: Wow, that’s impressive… Officer school is it? Does that mean Nanoha will be doing the same thing?
Chrono: Nanoha’s aiming for the Enforcer course, so the training is a little different from my own I think but I’m sure she’ll be doing something similar.
Miyuki: Really? I still can’t come grips with it, I still see Nanoha as a little kid.
Chrono: For me, from the moment I first met her, I saw her as a skilful mage. Even though we’re talking about the same person, we have quite the difference in opinions.
Miyuki: Tell me about it.
Nanoha: Oh? Onee-chan, Chrono-kun? Why are you guys making yakisoba?
Yuuno: Hello?
Chrono: Oh, they’ve found us…
Miyuki: Well someone brought along this teppanyaki set (a sort barbeque set, a flat piece of metal that’s heated and has things cooked on top of it.) and we had some ingredients, so Amy thought it would be great to use it and started to cook but…
Chrono: But all Amy really did was take some orders and wandered off somewhere. So this is the end result.
Nanoha: But it looks really delicious.
Miyuki: It is really delicious. If you wait a bit, you can eat some too.
Chrono: That reminds me Yuuno, you’re not in ferret mode today.
Yuuno: Oh yeah, it’s been a year now, so most of my magic reserves have gone back to normal. So now I can stay in this form without any problems.
Chrono: Ohh…
Miyuki: What? Yuuno, does that mean you’ll never turn back into a ferret anymore?
Yuuno: Huh… um… Well…
Miyuki: You all of sudden disappeared this year so I was really lonely. I couldn’t forget how cute/great it was to pet you.
Nanoha: Onee-chan, don’t say something so irresponsible/impossible. The ferret mode is just a temporary form.
Miyuki: Okay, but Yuuno. If you ever turn back into a ferret, come on over to me. Please let me pet you.
Yuuno: I… I’ll keep that in mind…
Chrono: Okay, a six man portion is finished!
Amy: Oh, sorry to keep you waiting.
Miyuki: Amy, welcome back.
Chrono: You’re late!! What were you doing?!
Miyuki: A communication officer say hi to lots of people. Anyways, I’ll take over now.
Chrono: Okay then, Miyuki-san please take a break.
Miyuki: Really? Sorry about this.
Amy: No problem Miyuki-chan.
Miyuki: Well then, I think I’ll go see how everyone is doing and pick something up to eat. I’ll be right back.
Amy: Okay, Chrono-kun, I brought some more ingredients. It’s been awhile, so let’s make ‘that’.
Chrono: Huh? Oh you mean ‘that’ yakisoba.
Nanoha: That?
Yuuno: Is it some sort of secret recipe?
Amy: Oh, it’s just something we had on our menu that we made a lot on our own in officer school. It was pretty popular so I thought we should make some for the folks here.
Chrono: Once we’re done, we’ll call you over. So please try some.
Nanoha: Sure!

Nanoha: Hey Yuuno-kun? Have you noticed?
Yuuno: Um?
Nanoha: Chrono-kun’s been getting a lot nicer/gentler lately.
Yuuno: Oh, now that you mention it. He’s been getting less stiff/formal with me since last year’s winter.
Nanoha: Have I told you before? That Chrono-kun used to be someone who didn’t smile very often until he met Amy-san. After that he started smiling more.
Yuuno: I heard a bit about it.
Nanoha: Now he’s smiling even more since Fate-chan has become his little sister… I guess.
Yuuno: Yeah, maybe.
Old 2007-12-25, 08:03   Link #1112
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
Hm. I hate to drive away from how things are going now, with so much focus on SS04, but...

This is a link to one amazing MAD. Backing track for the first part is a track from SS03, "Wind of Blessing" (or "Blessed Wind", take as you will). Includes otherwise-impossible footage of one happy Yagami family and everyone dissing Shamal's otherworldly cooking ...among other things.
Like...wow...
That's was very well done
Old 2007-12-25, 14:24   Link #1113
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Might be a lil' off topic, but here's a Christmas song sang by Mizuki Nana, voice actress of Fate Testarossa. (and singer of most the OP/ED of nanoha anime)

Merry Christmas for you

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-12-25 at 20:28.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 17:39   Link #1114
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Might be a lil' off topic, but here's a Christmas song sang by Mizuki Nana, voice actress of Fate Testarossa. (and singer of all the OP/ED of nanoha anime)

Merry Christmas for you
Hmm...just to correct something...
The ED themes were sung by Tamura Yukari (Nanoha's VA)

Aside from that, nice song

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-12-26 at 06:26.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 20:28   Link #1115
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Fixed. I wonder which album will this song be released in?
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 14:55   Link #1116
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I just finished making an AMV that features both Nanoha and Night Wizard.
Hope you like it. ^_^

Old 2008-01-05, 01:01   Link #1117
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Did you know that the JASDF (Japanese Air Self-Defense Force) used the Nanoha A's OP "ETERNAL BLAZE" in one of their promos?

That was the basis for this MAD OP of the game "Ace Combat Zero".

Old 2008-01-06, 23:58   Link #1118
ShockDrake

Can anyone please identify a song name for me?

It's the background song in the opening clip in Episode 16 of StrikerS before the OP music starts.

I've downloaded the soundtrack, but I haven't been able to find it.
ShockDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 07:57   Link #1119
Yaya-chan
NHK desu.

Fate/Nanoha/Vivio

Does anyone know any translation of this dvd5 especial.

Yaya-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 18:28   Link #1120
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
The King of Braves: Nanoha

Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music