Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 15:11   Link #10021
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Damn straight, I'm more anxious to prove that Suzaku has not become more of a jackass now that he's committed to the cause of Zero Requiem, it just allows him greater perspective I think. I still think C.C will be fine, or at least as fine as Lelouch or Suzaku will be in the end... >_>
I'm fine that he has a noble goal (if Zero's Requiem is noble). I'll just be pissed if he's willing to kill his friends w/o at least trying to explain what that what they're doing is for the best of everyone, and that their friends need to help or get out of the way.

EDIT: I mean, I have some hope since he only disabled Gino, and he seems genuinely sorry for what he did to Kallen (he even kept pictures of her despite being 'enemies,' so he still cared for her on some level). I just hope he still wants to save Nunnally, etc. if at all posible.

Lelouch was always focused on ends over means, while Suzaku was always more concerned with the means he used. However, I think they both need to learn that both means and ends need to be taken into consideration.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:13   Link #10022
lovecakecookies

Quote:
We will wait and see, is what I was agreeing with you on

That's what I think too, geez, a guy can't save the world anymore without getting some hack for it now <_<
oh ok Yes, patience is virtue ....

Yeah, unless he KILLS Nunally or Kallen then I will be disappointed in Suzaku, but he will not do that.. I know it..

and if someone brings the argument "Kallen is in the way, Suzaku must kill her for the sake of world/promise !! "
We don't know yet why they are fighting YET

It would be horrible, horrible if we were trolled again, and they don't fight
Old 2008-09-20, 15:15   Link #10023
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'm fine that he has a noble goal (if Zero's Requiem is noble). I'll just be pissed if he's willing to kill his friends w/o at least trying to explain what that what they're doing is for the best of everyone, and that their friends need to help or get out of the way.

EDIT: I mean, I have some hope since he only disabled Gino, and he seems genuinely sorry for what he did to Kallen (he even kept pictures of her despite being 'enemies,' so he still cared for her on some level). I just hope he still wants to save Nunnally, etc. if at all posible.

Lelouch was always focused on ends over means, while Suzaku was always more concerned with the means he used. However, I think they both need to learn that both means and ends need to be taken into consideration.

I think they're fine and this conversation proves it, otherwise they'd be dead instead of talking about it if that was the case. And some things shouldn't be explained, I don't particularly mind if they do give some details, but I don't think it wrong if they don't and continue to push forward regardless.

Well, I think they've at least got it down that the results need to justify the means now that they've rejected both Schneizel and Charles take on everything. Some means don't produce a result that was worth it in the end, in this case I think they've found something that is worth it now

Edit: Meh, if at all possible then sure, I think he'd fine if that was the case, but as Lelouch said they can't afford to give special preference anymore if it jeopardizes the overall objective, I'd be more pissed if they did and in turn screwed Zero Requiem over because of it.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:48   Link #10024
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
I think they're fine and this conversation proves it, otherwise they'd be dead instead of talking about it if that was the case. And some things shouldn't be explained, I don't particularly mind if they do give some details, but I don't think it wrong if they don't and continue to push forward regardless.

Well, I think they've at least got it down that the results need to justify the means now that they've rejected both Schneizel and Charles take on everything. Some means don't produce a result that was worth it in the end, in this case I think they've found something that is worth it now
Well, Lelouch's VA said something 'more cruel' happens in the episode. (I usually don't take the VA seriously, but by now they've recorded 24.) Seriously vague, but I would hate it if Lelouch and Suzaku had to sacrifice the people that mean the most to them in order to complete the Requiem. I wouldn't care for the ending if Lelouch and Suzaku made the world peaceful, but sacrificed everyone important to them to do it.

Still, I can't shake the feeling the Lelouch is supposed to die for the Requiem and Suzaku is going along with it because he thinks its justice for Euphie. If this is the case, I can see why Suzaku and Kallen would start fighting. (Still, nothing to prove or disprove it at this point, so I'll just wait and watch.)
Old 2008-09-20, 15:53   Link #10025
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well, Lelouch's VA said something 'more cruel' happens in the episode. (I usually don't take the VA seriously, but by now they've recorded 24.) Seriously vague, but I would hate it if Lelouch and Suzaku had to sacrifice the people that mean the most to them in order to complete the Requiem. I wouldn't care for the ending if Lelouch and Suzaku made the world peaceful, but sacrificed everyone important to them to do it.

Still, I can't shake the feeling the Lelouch is supposed to die for the Requiem and Suzaku is going along with it because he thinks its justice for Euphie. If this is the case, I can see why Suzaku and Kallen would start fighting. (Still, nothing to prove or disprove it at this point, so I'll just wait and watch.)
Well, like you said, its vague and we don't know what exactly it was referring too. In any case, I think they'll be fine in that regard, both of them have done a lot to try and push back everyone they've cared for away from them, so I think that they'll manage to pull through in ensuring the safety of everyone but themselves at this point probably when they manage to accomplish Zero Requiem.

I don't know, Lelouch seemed to indicate that Suzaku and he have both forgiven each other based on what Shirley said and Suzaku's own realization that Euphie and Shirley protected Lelouch to the end despite everything. In any case, this is all just speculation so we'll have to wait and see for the time being, as you say. God the waits are just getting more and more painful as we draw to a close... >_>
Old 2008-09-20, 15:55   Link #10026
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if she does die it would be in at least as long a scene as sherly (and just as touching if not more)
but thats if she dies (hope not)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
We will see...................., but she wins the award of the number of death flags XD
blade of darkness:
Well, there are only two episodes left. Not much time for touching death scenes like Shirley's, so I'm assuming if there are any, there can be only one tops (and only for one of the main four--other people will drop like flies and barely get a, "Damn it, (insert name here)!!!!)

Narona:
Not that I'm happy about it, but they do seem to give them out to her like Halloween candy don't they.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-09-20 at 16:25. Reason: I would suggest you to ask that in PM, really off topic.
Old 2008-09-20, 15:58   Link #10027
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Well, like you said, its vague and we don't know what exactly it was referring too. In any case, I think they'll be fine in that regard, both of them have done a lot to try and push back everyone they've cared for away from them, so I think that they'll manage to pull through in ensuring the safety of everyone but themselves at this point probably when they manage to accomplish Zero Requiem.

I don't know, Lelouch seemed to indicate that Suzaku and he have both forgiven each other based on what Shirley said and Suzaku's own realization that Euphie and Shirley protected Lelouch to the end despite everything. In any case, this is all just speculation so we'll have to wait and see for the time being, as you say. God the waits are just getting more and more painful as we draw to a close... >_>
Well, Lelouch's VA also laughed at it immediately after he said it, so he was either kidding or a sadistic SOB.

I just get that feeling from how the scene in the SoA ended with Suzaku turning on Lelouch and saying he is Euphie's murderer and Lelouch still not coming out and saying what happened. Just the fact that the scene was left hanging there makes it feel that the problem hasn't been resolved yet.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:04   Link #10028
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well, Lelouch's VA also laughed at it immediately after he said it, so he was either kidding or a sadistic SOB.

I just get that feeling from how the scene in the SoA ended with Suzaku turning on Lelouch and saying he is Euphie's murderer and Lelouch still not coming out and saying what happened. Just the fact that the scene was left hanging there makes it feel that the problem hasn't been resolved yet.
Good old Jun, wants me to rip his head off or buy him a drink depending on the mood

Meh, I think they're fine for the time being, I think the comments beforehand counted more in the end, along with their accumulation to that point where they could reconcile with one another. He certainly isn't buddy buddy with him as he was before, but generally I think the promise or the decision Lelouch made as he said back then during that scene was enough in the way of justice, and in this sense I think it was accomplishing all of their dreams. He certainly was surprised at Lelouch's gesture to clear Euphie's name during Turn 22, so I think they're fine for the most part >_>
Old 2008-09-20, 16:31   Link #10029
yamibakura

Quote:
Still, I don't see how Suzaku could be fighting Kallen to stop her from interfering with the plan if she doesn't know there is a plan to be saving him from. Far as she knows this is all Lelouch's idea. Judging from that conversation in the magazine she doesn't realize this until Anya is the one who points it out.
Though right after Anya points out Suzaku's involvement she suddenly notices Kallen's feelings. That could sidetrack the whole revelation. Will Kallen get flustered and deny her feelings, or will she finally admit them?
She could very well 'sense' that something is amiss. Still she might not learn the truth at all. In other words they'll push Kallen's I love you / feelings into motion and she decides I'll follow Lelouch no matter where he goes bit because I love him and then ZR happens and Lelouch reveals the truth to her about things. And she tries to stop him but its too late. It could be one of those deals. As for Anya's remarks I think if Kallen was put into that situation she would admit her feelings. I mean it would be all or nothing at that point. Could you imagine how she would feel if she didn't confess to him? As Lelouch is dying you might see Kallen saying her gum line don't say I love you or i won't forgive you!

Hell spice it up, put Suzaku in there he could be the one to explain ZR to Kallen while Lelouch is 'blah' moving to execute the final phase. Gino and Anya could deal with Suzaku as well.

Quote:
In 2007 I was on the street near my parents house and a group of young kids asked me "if I knew what halloween was". Sure I knew!!! Then I bought some candies for them XD
You're from France? Anyway, thats so awesome!! Man you are so nice. ^^ Thats cool.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:32   Link #10030
Micante

Alright, I think I've realized something about the show. The fact that it was rushed was actually on purpose.

Now, why would the creators want to do that to their baby? Well, unsatisfied fans (especially, but not limited to, shippers) will feel more need to sate their hunger. This is usually cured with fanfiction, but the writers activate their insidious plot of releasing Sound Episodes and Picture Dramas.

They've even promoted them throughout the series! For example, Jeremiah's loyalty to Marianne was only mentioned in a Picture Drama. Some fans may wonder "where did this come from?" and reserach it, once they find the source, they got snared into the bonus material trap.

With this method, Sunrise can shamelessly whore Lelouch out and make a profit of it. That's why there will be no romantic resolution, or else whoring Lelouch out wouldn't be as profittable.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:37   Link #10031
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Alright, I think I've realized something about the show. The fact that it was rushed was actually on purpose.

Now, why would the creators want to do that to their baby? Well, unsatisfied fans (especially, but not limited to, shippers) will feel more need to sate their hunger. This is usually cured with fanfiction, but the writers activate their insidious plot of releasing Sound Episodes and Picture Dramas.

They've even promoted them throughout the series! For example, Jeremiah's loyalty to Marianne was only mentioned in a Picture Drama. Some fans may wonder "where did this come from?" and reserach it, once they find the source, they got snared into the bonus material trap.

With this method, Sunrise can shamelessly whore Lelouch out and make a profit of it. That's why there will be no romantic resolution, or else whoring Lelouch out wouldn't be as profittable.
That's a nice theory on paper, but not perfect.

The sound episodes already existed all the way back in season one and it's not really too rare for anime series to have that kind of thing, though the current R2 crop is apparently hilariously non-canon this time around (which means they don't complement the main story much, they're just a way to have fun), and so did the picture dramas that have always been in the DVDs since R1.

All things being similar on that front, I don't see how that would explain the additional rush, when there are other explanations for it.

The romantic resolution is a whole different issue though, and while that could explain why it may be dragged out all the way, I don't think you can narrow down its result (if we even get one) to just this.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:39   Link #10032
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

In this episode, a lot of things will be done and finished.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:45   Link #10033
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
In this episode, a lot of things will be done and finished.
There's a difference between doing something and doing it well. >=(
Old 2008-09-20, 16:52   Link #10034
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Going a little overboard, no?
Old 2008-09-20, 16:58   Link #10035
yamibakura

They could always leave the ending open. Still I'm sure most people who are aligned one way or another would hope for an ending that supports their feelings. Its same for people who say bad writing this bad writing that. Its all a matter of weather or not you enjoyed the show thats all. If you don't like something just ask yourself hey what can I take away from this. That way it doesn't feel so much as a waste of time rather a learning experience that was also entertaining.

Its a long day today. Only 6:00 pm where I am. This episode will be fun.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:45   Link #10036
Vakir

Quote:
There's a difference between doing something well and doing something the way YOU wanted it.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:53   Link #10037
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
There's a difference between doing something well and doing something the way YOU wanted it.
While both of these are true, I'll wait for the end to make a final judgement. The first half of the series seemed bogged down to me while the second half seemed to fast, but as long as the ending is good (as in a dramatic, thought provoking epilogue that logicially follows what preceeded it and ties up the loose ends), I'll be satisfied. Really, there's not much more to explain: Lelouch, Suzaku, C.C., Nunnally and Schneizel's plot lines all seem to be connected to the requiem. Kallen's is attached to Lelouch (and apparently Gino and Anya based on the Animedia conversation), Nina (Lloyd and Cecile) are working on something interesting, and half of all the other secondary/tertiary cast are probably going to die anyway.

So sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:55   Link #10038
lovecakecookies

Does anyone else think there is going to be a Guren and Albion team up at SOME point in the next episode? The opening seems to indicate such, even though that seems highly unlikely at this point....

(I am not giving the opening much credibility, but it has been shown to shown at times to give some spoilers)
Old 2008-09-20, 18:57   Link #10039
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

In about 8 hours, I hope Lelouch and Diethard pull an amazing turnabout right under Schneizel's nose. If my speculations become reality, it'd be awesome to see Schneizel's shocked face.

Seriously, they've shown him over the course of now near 50 eps, and he looks the same in all of his scenes. It'd be nice to see him lose his demeanor!
Old 2008-09-20, 19:00   Link #10040
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Does anyone else think there is going to be a Guren and Albion team up at SOME point in the next episode? The opening seems to indicate such, even though that seems highly unlikely at this point....

(I am not giving the opening much credibility, but it has been shown to shown at times to give some spoilers)
Well, that is kinda the standard for Sunrise mecha series (particularly Gundam), but this is Code Geass, so who the frick knows anymore. I'm pretty sure if Schneizel starts spamming FREIJAs, Suzaku and Kallen will have no choice but to fight together, even if they still do have issues.

Tags
spoilers