AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 00:23   Link #1
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Your taste in anime women/men vs. real life women/men

Yeah, I know it's a weird question, but for some reason I'm really interested in knowing what people have to say. I mean, you'd expect there to be some connection between the two, right?

Quote:
1) Are there similarities between the kind of characters you're attracted to in anime and in real life, either in terms of looks or personality?
and

Quote:
2) Have you ever had changes in your tastes in anime characters affect the type of person you're attracted to in real life?
My answers:

1) I'm not sure what to say about personality. The girls I tend to like in real life tend to be slightly nerdy, which is also one of my moe types in anime. However, in the case of anime I'm also attracted to other personality types, whereas in real life I go almost exclusively for the slightly nerdy type.

As for looks, well... in real life I tend to look for a pretty face first, which tends to be a given for most anime characters. But beyond that, there's definately some level of resemblance. I also like girls with glasses in both cases.

2) Well, I did start to take notice more of asian girls after seeing a lot of cute asian cosplayers at a convention one year, but I'm not sure if that counts.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 00:30   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well although I very much prefer 2D girls to 3D girls, I still like girls at the extreme of their personalities, namely tsuntsun and megane types.

And I admit that I am a lolicon. I like airfields instead of mountains, and I prefer cute and petite ones to legsy supermodels. Of course, if I am looking for a girlfriend, she has to look loli and be somewhere around my age.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 00:49   Link #3
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Let me just say this; The day I start connecting anime characters with my dating life is the day I know I'll never get laid for the rest of my life...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 05:30   Link #4
npcomplete

---> http://otakubooty.com

as far as RL personalities goes... Catherine St-Onge <-- genuine angel methinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sELL-nxccs
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 18:42   Link #5
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
1) Are there similarities between the kind of characters you're attracted to in anime and in real life, either in terms of looks or personality?

No, My tastes in anime girls are very different from my tastes in real girls. For instance, i am a lolicon.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 20:03   Link #6
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

I like chubby girls of color, of which there are none in anime

I can't say I'm attracted anime girls much. I like their personalities and feel for them as I watch a show and all, but 2D doesn't float my boat, so to say. I'll look at hentai sometimes, but more for the novelty of it than anything else.
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 21:08   Link #7
G.o.S
~desu♥

Girls who make me lol hard since if she's real, my taste would be someone who can enjoy my gags and have a the same sense of humor as me.
Old 2008-12-14, 21:28   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

Don't have the time to read everything, but here is a brief answer:

It is okay for people in anime to have funky hair colors, yet it is not okay in the real life. Funky hair colors for everyday people just looks odd, even though it may look awesome in anime.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 00:28   Link #9
grimwald

Quote:
Even before i got into anime, i had a soft spot for redheads. And feisty, lively girls. The first real anime i ever watched was NGE, so of course i immediately fell for Asuka.

Quote:
2) Have you ever had changes in your tastes in anime characters affect the type of person you're attracted to in real life?
No, not so much. I came into anime at a later age (after highschool) so my choices in women were already pretty set.
grimwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:48   Link #10
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Let's just say that i set the standards differently for real life men/women and anime men/women. I don't mix this two up.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:54   Link #11
Soichiro
Real-life Lolicon

In anime, I like cute, quiet loli types.

In real life... I like cute loli types who don't necessarily have to be quiet, as long as they can make me laugh.

So no, there's definitely no connection.
Soichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 05:22   Link #12
snowmaiden05
frozen in time

Send a message via Yahoo to snowmaiden05
Quote:
Answer: Well.. At first, I'm attracted with guys with looks and personality [rarely] like those anime/manga characters that I admire which are cold & aloof types [of course first impression, mainly because of the looks].. But then again, ironically and unconciously I get attached with bright and sunny types (>.<) so total opposite..

Quote:
Answer: No.. :3
snowmaiden05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 10:11   Link #13
othera

Well, tbh i aint "attracted" to any real life, or anime girls. But i like loli/moe girls, while IRL i wouldnt say i prefer any type of girl.

Read answer to previous question D: but no.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 10:28   Link #14
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I tend to like feisty, outgoing, sexy girls both in real life and in my preferred forms of entertainment, be it anime, movies, comics/mangas, or whatever. So, I guess there's not much difference, there.

Also, I tend to prefer girls with a little more meat in their upper section, if you know what I mean, both in real life and anime. So... another similarity.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 11:43   Link #15
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

1 The problem is : am I attracted by anime girl? The answer is : not really. The best it could go is interested.

2. Anime don't have any impact on that point ( at least than I know)
Old 2008-12-15, 11:50   Link #16
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

2d>>>>>>>>3d

I'm not even really attracted to 3D women.
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 11:54   Link #17
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

I can see the end of a lot of family bloodlines starting with this thread...
Old 2008-12-15, 18:15   Link #18
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
2d>>>>>>>>3d

I'm not even really attracted to 3D women.
That's kinda sad

to the question

physical, yes. I attracted to curvy, busty women

personality wise not at all. I prefer more mature sensible women in my anime but in real life I gotta have a girl with a sporty, fun attitude
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:04   Link #19
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

I love how the term "3D women" is used...

What, is it less loserish to say "I'm not attracted to 3D women" than it is to say "I'm not attracted to real life women"?
Old 2008-12-15, 23:51   Link #20
npcomplete

^ err.. that's just otaku lingo

anyways just realized that I replied without really answering:

Quote:
Yes, I like em all. I also think folks in RL whose looks approach those of typical modern (and non-exaggerated) anime characters tend to be stunners

Quote:
Just the addition of "moe" to the traits I already enjoy
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote