AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 10:31   Link #1061
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You are right. He was made Lieutenant, not captain.

Although as a Lieutenant, he is a platoon commander, not a squad leader, that is the role for sargeants.

- Tak
platoon leader if you want the right military position.
Old 2009-04-19, 13:39   Link #1062
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

bah, why is...
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 14:37   Link #1063
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
bah, why is...
Spoiler:
According to an interview posted here, they are doing exactly that...

Although it would not make much sense to me as in the game, the two rarely talked to each other. Never mind the fact that Faldio now has a pet boy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 16:44   Link #1064
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
According to an interview posted here, they are doing exactly that...

Although it would not make much sense to me as in the game, the two rarely talked to each other. Never mind the fact that Faldio now has a pet boy.

- Tak
that's utter crap....like you said that makes no sense seeing as she was smitten with welkin from the start and didn't have much interaction with faldio .
l demand a past junoxwelkin relationship then!
Old 2009-04-19, 17:04   Link #1065
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
that's utter crap....like you said that makes no sense seeing as she was smitten with welkin from the start and didn't have much interaction with faldio .
I see nothing wrong with this being added, i mean there's already been quite a few changes already and they seem to be working out alright. Just look at the changes made to Alicia already.

At the end of the day they just want more drama, and this change is sure to sell.
Old 2009-04-19, 18:12   Link #1066
Runty

Careful, Manji. What you just said could be spoilers...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:01   Link #1067
kalbron

Eh, the reason Welkin is an Officer is the same reason that Faldio is one. University doubles as Officer training for the Gallian Militia.

Also, I really wish that they wouldn't add any additional drama into the Welkin-Alicia pairing. Is it so much to ask that an anime doesn't inject a boatload of unneccessary WANGST into a fairly normal relationship?
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:06   Link #1068
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Eh, the reason Welkin is an Officer is the same reason that Faldio is one. University doubles as Officer training for the Gallian Militia.
When Welkin questioned the wisdom of making him a platoon leader, due to his inexperience, Eleanor replied that his actions in Bruhl more than makes up for it. Moreover, she also noted the fact that Welkin is General Gunther's son.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-19, 20:19   Link #1069
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
And let's remember this is still the militia, not the regular Gallian Army.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 20:32   Link #1070
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Careful, Manji. What you just said could be spoilers...
will do.
that's why l didn't specify gender or good/villain to croak.
Old 2009-04-20, 01:00   Link #1071
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
And let's remember this is still the militia, not the regular Gallian Army.
But it does not make a change in the chain of command and their leaders rights and responsibilities.

I hope I do get it right because I understood your posting that you differ between regular and militia officers. The officers draft is also possible for regular army joiners.
Old 2009-04-20, 01:30   Link #1072
xizro345
King's Justice

Also, keep in mind that all this "drama" stuff could be a very elaborate excuse to reduce battle scenes due to lack of money.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 05:30   Link #1073
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
will do.
that's why l didn't specify gender or good/villain to croak.
How about not even mentioning what you did? I mean even saying what you did is a spoiler.
Old 2009-04-20, 05:38   Link #1074
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I also think having Alicia interested in anyone else besides Welkin is dumb. I realize Faldio is "good looking" (he looks like he's from a whole other anime) but if this is just to make the certain actions taken by Faldio to add a sense of impact and "how could you?" feelings, it's unnecessary. The story played out in the game through a series of short cutscenes and it didn't need relationship triangles to be interesting. The Alicia "I like bread and secretly Welkin," and Welkin "I like bugs and secretly Alicia," formula worked well enough on it's own.

However add a Rosie shower scene or a Dallas/Romona make out scene and I'll forgive you

I just really want Selvaria to start having loads of screen time though to be honest.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 05:51   Link #1075
Chrono Helix

She'll take up a lot of the screen, if you know what I mean...
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 06:11   Link #1076
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

People, could we please cut down on the game spoilers in here ? The thread is looking like more akin to an unfortunate minefield than anything else, and anyone who would want to discuss about the anime here and not get spoiled at the same time would end up largely disappointed. At least have the decency to use properly labeled spoiler tags when referring to game events. Thank you.
Old 2009-04-20, 06:37   Link #1077
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
People, could we please cut down on the game spoilers in here ? The thread is looking like more akin to an unfortunate minefield than anything else, and anyone who would want to discuss about the anime here and not get spoiled at the same time would end up largely disappointed. At least have the decency to use properly labeled spoiler tags when referring to game events. Thank you.

Use an engineer to clear the mine field ......

still waiting for the subb version ....... it kinda unfortunate that the anime left out a great scene .......

Spoiler for Spoiler:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 07:21   Link #1078
Tak

With all these Faldio and Alicia talk, I wonder what would happen to that pet boy of his...

I mean, they did give Faldio a pet boy...

- Tak

Old 2009-04-20, 07:27   Link #1079
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
But it does not make a change in the chain of command and their leaders rights and responsibilities.

I hope I do get it right because I understood your posting that you differ between regular and militia officers. The officers draft is also possible for regular army joiners.
The militia is like the National Guard in the United States. Even if Welkin does not have any experience in real military workings most other officers probably do not, either.

Faldio also does not have any experience but he was made an officer (okay, technically we don't know his backstory as well as Welkin's, but I get the feeling that he, too, is right out of University).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 09:12   Link #1080
trakker
Comical Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Use an engineer to clear the mine field ......

still waiting for the subb version ....... it kinda unfortunate that the anime left out a great scene .......

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Yeah i know, that was a great bit too, they could have cut 20 seconds of idel talking and put it in ¬_¬ this ep seemed abit rushed overall. Me starting to worry there gonna cram 18(5 bonus) chapters into 12-13 episodes. That and the next ep looks like its already starting some filler melodrama

Wont leave alot of time for "squad 7's R&R" >w>
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega