AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-09, 16:48   Link #8541
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
2. Rapelay does not give you points for raping the girls.
3. You lose the game if the girl(s) gets pregnant for too long.
There are no points, but there are pseudo-achievements in the form of buttons under the girls' portraits that light up after doing enough of each sex act. However, it's for generic stuff like "*** inside," "***bath," etc rather than rape and torture.

As for losing the game, yes, if you get the girl(s) pregnant and decide not to abort eventually they toss you in front of the subway. This ends the game and is the second way to lose (the first being stabbed to death by one of your victims when she's on top, before teaching her to enjoy things).

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2010-08-09, 19:59   Link #8542
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

THERE IS AN ATTACK ON THE INTERWEBZ!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-..._b_676194.html

Quote:
Google-Verizon Pact: It Gets Worse

So Google and Verizon went public today with their "policy framework" -- better known as the pact to end the Internet as we know it.

News of this deal broke this week, sparking a public outcry that's seen hundreds of thousands of Internet users calling on Google to live up to its "Don't Be Evil" pledge.

But cut through the platitudes the two companies (Googizon, anyone?) offered on today's press call, and you'll find this deal is even worse than advertised.

The proposal is one massive loophole that sets the stage for the corporate takeover of the Internet.

Real Net Neutrality means that Internet service providers can't discriminate between different kinds of online content and applications. It guarantees a level playing field for all Web sites and Internet technologies. It's what makes sure the next Google, out there in a garage somewhere, has just as good a chance as any giant corporate behemoth to find its audience and thrive online.

What Google and Verizon are proposing is fake Net Neutrality. You can read their framework for yourself here or go here to see Google twisting itself in knots about this suddenly "thorny issue." But here are the basics of what the two companies are proposing:

1. Under their proposal, there would be no Net Neutrality on wireless networks -- meaning anything goes, from blocking websites and applications to pay-for-priority treatment.

2. Their proposed standard for "non-discrimination" on wired networks is so weak that actions like Comcast's widely denounced blocking of BitTorrent would be allowed.

3. The deal would let ISPs like Verizon -- instead of Internet users like you -- decide which applications deserve the best quality of service. That's not the way the Internet has ever worked, and it threatens to close the door on tomorrow's innovative applications. (If RealPlayer had been favored a few years ago, would we ever have gotten YouTube?)

4. The deal would allow ISPs to effectively split the Internet into "two pipes" -- one of which would be reserved for "managed services," a pay-for-play platform for content and applications. This is the proverbial toll road on the information superhighway, a fast lane reserved for the select few, while the rest of us are stuck on the cyber-equivalent of a winding dirt road.

5. The pact proposes to turn the Federal Communications Commission into a toothless watchdog, left fruitlessly chasing consumer complaints but unable to make rules of its own. Instead, it would leave it up to unaccountable (and almost surely industry-controlled) third parties to decide what the rules should be.

If there's a silver lining in this whole fiasco it's that, last I checked anyway, it wasn't up to Google and Verizon to write the rules. That's why we have Congress and the FCC.

Certainly by now we should have learned -- from AIG, Massey Energy, BP, you name it -- what happens when we let big companies regulate themselves or hope they'll do the right thing.

We need the FCC -- with the backing of Congress and President Obama -- to step and do the hard work of governing. That means restoring the FCC's authority to protect Internet users and safeguarding real Net Neutrality once and for all.

Such a move might not be popular on Wall Street or even in certain corners of Silicon Valley, but it's the kind of leadership the public needs right now.

If you haven't yet told the FCC why we need Net Neutrality, please do it now.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:38   Link #8543
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
this sad issue keeps getting dredged up. I've heard about this verizon-google deal over the past week, but this is really sad to see. I'm disappointed in google. I've already E-mailed and spoken to my local representatives, but it looks like it's time again

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
Old 2010-08-09, 23:50   Link #8544
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was *HOPING* all the Verizon-Google deal meant was Google servers colocated on Verizon hub sites. That is actually not a Bad Idea. In fact,the latest information I have implies that.

I read HuffPo but I sometimes put a huge bag of salt on their reporting skills and tendency to start fires where none exist. That said, I think Google needs to explain quite clearly how they plan to implement whatever it is they're working on while staying pro-netneutral.

Our upper court tier in the US has gotten so pro-corporate and the FCC keeps getting told it can't regulate communication (Communications is the middle word, duh?) that we have to be as loud on this as we can be to the congressmen - particularly those who've been purchased by the telco-cable "queens of corporate welfare".
Old 2010-08-10, 04:44   Link #8545
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Vicente Fox backs Mexico drugs legalisation

Will legalizing drugs finally end Mexico's drug war?

Your opinion please.
Old 2010-08-10, 06:08   Link #8546
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Swiss police halt Swedish driver's 290 kmh dash

At 170 kph over the 120 kph limit, he may face a penalty up to 1'000'000 CHF (USD is currently close to parity with the Swiss Franc, 1 USD = 1.05 CHF).

Speeding at more than 25 kph over the 120 kph limit is regarded as a criminal offense, and penalties is also determined by the offenders income.

It may remind the precedent were a Ferrari driver was fined 300'000 CHF for speeding in a town.

Note that while the limit for penalties is at about 1 Mio CHF in Switzerland, in Germany it is near 10 Mio Euro...
Old 2010-08-10, 07:22   Link #8547
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
We need the FCC -- with the backing of Congress and President Obama -- to step and do the hard work of governing. That means restoring the FCC's authority to protect Internet users and safeguarding real Net Neutrality once and for all.
Indeed, though I'm certainly not optimistic that this will occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

Your opinion please.
It will help, but since much of the illegal drugs in Mexico are shipped elsewhere (especially the US and to a lesser extent Canada), we'd need more than just Mexico to legalize. It would be a great step though.
Old 2010-08-10, 09:36   Link #8548
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:

Your opinion please.
You'd still have the problem of dealers shipping to the United States where it was illegal. And the United States is unlikely to let Mexico get away with making it easier for drug dealers to ship stuff to America. They'd probably try to intimidate Mexico into not doing this.

Sad how America seem to put their moralistic sensibilities over other peoples lives...
Old 2010-08-10, 09:43   Link #8549
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Swiss police halt Swedish driver's 290 kmh dash

At 170 kph over the 120 kph limit, he may face a penalty up to 1'000'000 CHF (USD is currently close to parity with the Swiss Franc, 1 USD = 1.05 CHF).

Speeding at more than 25 kph over the 120 kph limit is regarded as a criminal offense, and penalties is also determined by the offenders income.

It may remind the precedent were a Ferrari driver was fined 300'000 CHF for speeding in a town.

Note that while the limit for penalties is at about 1 Mio CHF in Switzerland, in Germany it is near 10 Mio Euro...
What the hell is he training for? Formula 1?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-10, 10:37   Link #8550
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What the hell is he training for? Formula 1?
out running cops

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
Old 2010-08-10, 11:53   Link #8551
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Nah its obvious, he was too fast to realize that he was crossing the german/swiss border.

And here is how I think the whole incident came about (not seriously):

Lets say he was cruising the Autobahn 5 southwards with a smooth 360km/h in his MB AMG black series (next time I read the article first). Suddenly signs of the border were flying by... seconds later he realized he is going to cross the border... starting to decellerate, but boy it was to late... had he stayed at 360km/h the swiss police had never catched him. But he gave them a chance by decellarating to 120km/h.

Last edited by Jinto; 2010-08-10 at 12:05.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:29   Link #8552
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Nah its obvious, he was too fast to realize that he was crossing the german/swiss border.

And here is how I think the whole incident came about (not seriously):

Lets say he was cruising the Autobahn 5 southwards with a smooth 360km/h in his MB AMG black series (next time I read the article first). Suddenly signs of the border were flying by... seconds later he realized he is going to cross the border... starting to decellerate, but boy it was to late... had he stayed at 360km/h the swiss police had never catched him. But he gave them a chance by decellarating to 120km/h.
No, he was actually quite far from the border. as he was flashed on the A12, in Canton Fribourg, and caught in Canton Vaud, in the French speaking part of the country.

The police report precised the offense occurred on an enticing straight line.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:38   Link #8553
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
You'd still have the problem of dealers shipping to the United States where it was illegal. And the United States is unlikely to let Mexico get away with making it easier for drug dealers to ship stuff to America. They'd probably try to intimidate Mexico into not doing this.

Sad how America seem to put their moralistic sensibilities over other peoples lives...
well there is currently a pretty strong push to legalize marijuana in the US. and Canada grows there own stuff which i heard is pretty good, no need for imports.

downside is it would put a lot dealers and prison guards out of work.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:17   Link #8554
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
No, he was actually quite far from the border. as he was flashed on the A12, in Canton Fribourg, and caught in Canton Vaud, in the French speaking part of the country.

The police report precised the offense occurred on an enticing straight line.
Meh, its a joke... I played a little bit with the image of being somewhat slow/placid (speaking).
Old 2010-08-10, 14:24   Link #8555
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
well there is currently a pretty strong push to legalize marijuana in the US. and Canada grows there own stuff which i heard is pretty good, no need for imports.

downside is it would put a lot dealers and prison guards out of work.
It's very unlikely here in Canada with the gouvernement than we have for now.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:45   Link #8556
killer3000ad

Woman goes bonkers at McDonalds drivethrough when told she can't have McNuggets because it's breakfast menu hour.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2010-08-11 at 21:35.
Old 2010-08-10, 16:16   Link #8557
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Forever immortalized as an idiot dilweed... the Internet never forgets.
Now all they need is her name and address so people can go point and laugh.
Old 2010-08-10, 18:11   Link #8558
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

She should have raged over the price of McNuggets instead.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:51   Link #8559
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Forever immortalized as an idiot dilweed... the Internet never forgets.
Now all they need is her name and address so people can go point and laugh.
Enjoy her myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/hottmama24
Old 2010-08-11, 02:37   Link #8560
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

Your opinion please.
I am all for trying a different approach at this point. >_<

Bringing the Army to the streets has done very little (if anything) here in my city, and in some cases it has actually worsen the problem.

Trowing yourself on the floor at the sound of gunfire is something I would have never imagined to do a few years ago.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international