AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 10:31   Link #141
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
There's a version for the iPad, but it's Japanese only. It costs a hefty USD34.99, the most expensive I've seen for an iPad game ever, but since I can't read Japanese it's probably a miss for me.

If and when they do come out with English subtitles, would it be worth that price? How much did the VN cost on PC and other platforms?
Saw that at well, most versions for PC/PSP etc I've seen at sites like Jbox.com had at least a price twice as high as the iPad version, so it would be pretty cool if a company picks it up and releases a translation (for example, the first episodes of Higurashi are avaible as apps as well)
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 11:55   Link #142
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Saw that at well, most versions for PC/PSP etc I've seen at sites like Jbox.com had at least a price twice as high as the iPad version, so it would be pretty cool if a company picks it up and releases a translation (for example, the first episodes of Higurashi are avaible as apps as well)
Oh, so if there was a translated version USD 34.99 is not an exorbitant price? That's good to know, and I'm dying to play my first visual novel!
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:48   Link #143
Qikz

Just found out Hiyoku Renri no Darlin is getting a PSP port! Sooo happy right now!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:07   Link #144
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

So, does anyone know if the English patch being worked on is for the PSP version or PC version? I feel really stupid but I don't see it anywhere on their website, and I don't have a PSP to play the former.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:03   Link #145
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

the 8bit game has a comparison from an old visual novel

Old 2012-01-04, 13:40   Link #146
Sheep_

Two things

1. There's an ad floating around stating that there's a new project, judging from the fact it says novel on it there's a good chance it's a new VN or a book. The only thing I can make out is that Huke's doing the art and that the supervisor from the first game are returning.
Spoiler for ad:

2. Phantom Breaker, 5pb's fighting game for the xbox 360 is being released in English sometime this year. Kurisu is an unlock character along with a S;G themed stage.
Old 2012-01-04, 23:48   Link #147
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Phantom Breaker is another reason why I want to get a Xbox360.....
Old 2012-01-23, 17:29   Link #148
Blanchimont

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
So, does anyone know if the English patch being worked on is for the PSP version or PC version? I feel really stupid but I don't see it anywhere on their website, and I don't have a PSP to play the former.
A fully working(as in (hopefully) no bugs) and fully translated (except few Tips titles, and a few images, everything is TLed, even Achievements) patch just got released for the PC version, look for it in the usual places.

Another project, English patch for the iPhone/iPad version of S;G, is also nearing completion, final patch should be out in February.

As for a possible psp version patch, well, only thing I can reveal is, don't rule it out of the game quite just yet.
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 05:44   Link #149
Qikz

Still playing my way through the first game and last night I got up to the day when
Spoiler for incase you haven't played it/watched it:
Old 2012-01-26, 05:13   Link #150
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Another project, English patch for the iPhone/iPad version of S;G, is also nearing completion, final patch should be out in February.
Mh, but the patch wouldn't happen to work on an non-jailbreaked version on iDevice, would it? I thought apple is pretty strict with this stuff, even if you can buy Steins;Gate in the store.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 06:45   Link #151
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'd love for it to come out in the US store, properly translated. I just might jailbreak my iPad if this ever comes out, tho...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 05:51   Link #152
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just got it for the PC, with the english patch that works fine, but i have only one issue: why the hell S;G occupies 98-100% of the CPU usage? The game itself runs smoothly(beside some cases where the menu lags), but my laptop starts getting heated very fast (and i'm able to run games like WoW and CoD without any heating or graphic problem) and the fan runs like hell.

I got 4gb ram, 8600 nvidia geforce, and over 300gb of space. What is wrong with this game? (heard somewhere to put "local jap" in the control panel, but it doesn't seem to do shit).
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 14:50   Link #153
Blanchimont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Mh, but the patch wouldn't happen to work on an non-jailbreaked version on iDevice, would it? I thought apple is pretty strict with this stuff, even if you can buy Steins;Gate in the store.
Well, the developers of the iOS patch, Tsuun (Tsun-tsun; dere-dere), claimed in a post few days ago(7/2) to have released a patch for S;G that works for non-jailbroken devices.

...On another note they have started work on a patch for the iOS version of Chaos;HEAd Noah. Hopefully it'll work out for them, the attempts in the past have been unsuccessful.

Unfortunately the Noah version ('routes' for all heroines instead of for only one and improved graphics) was never ported back to PC, and without deeper knowledge of the code it's unlikely it will ever be incorporated into the PC patch that's out there.
(apparently, the team at TLWiki did try just that, from the xbox 360 version, and did even have some initial success, but the project died down for whatever reasons...)
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 10:28   Link #154
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Just got it for the PC, with the english patch that works fine, but i have only one issue: why the hell S;G occupies 98-100% of the CPU usage? The game itself runs smoothly(beside some cases where the menu lags), but my laptop starts getting heated very fast (and i'm able to run games like WoW and CoD without any heating or graphic problem) and the fan runs like hell.

I got 4gb ram, 8600 nvidia geforce, and over 300gb of space. What is wrong with this game? (heard somewhere to put "local jap" in the control panel, but it doesn't seem to do shit).
Up

Does anyone have this same issue? If yes, did you manage to solve it, or i just have to live with it and burn up my laptop(won't happen, i'd rather delete the game)?
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:18   Link #155
Qikz

How exactly do I get the true end to the original? I've got save games just before each of the D-mails to decide for Feyris, Rukako, Moeka and Suzuha and I got the Mayuri ending last night. Can I just go back to my saves and do the endings like that or do I have to skip through the rest of the game?
Old 2012-02-28, 12:25   Link #156
Korsar13

Walkthrough
Old 2012-02-28, 13:33   Link #157
Qikz

Well that's more difficult than I thought it was.

Was doing Feyris' ending last night. I actually thought it was pretty sad.

Spoiler for Feyris Ending:

Last edited by Qikz; 2012-02-29 at 04:50.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:46   Link #158
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsar13 View Post
That particular walkthrough seems to be the only translated English walkthrough on the web, yet certain parts are missing/untranslated (the whole Extras section). Does anyone know of any other FAQs or guides in English?

Also, I hear you can access the entire VN OST in the game; how does one access that?
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 04:58   Link #159
Qikz

After 62 hours I finished the game fully last night and saw the final scene/extra CG you get for finishing it all. What a great ride that was. The anime was slightly different to the game in some parts so there were new things even for me and a lot of the time the places where the anime differed from the game, it did it in such a way that it didn't feel like the anime had spoilt it.

The entire final scenes of the true end are just fantastic. I loved every minute of the game and it's jumped up to one of my favourite games of all time.
Old 2012-03-13, 12:08   Link #160
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
After 62 hours I finished the game fully last night and saw the final scene/extra CG you get for finishing it all. What a great ride that was. The anime was slightly different to the game in some parts so there were new things even for me and a lot of the time the places where the anime differed from the game, it did it in such a way that it didn't feel like the anime had spoilt it.

The entire final scenes of the true end are just fantastic. I loved every minute of the game and it's jumped up to one of my favourite games of all time.
Is the true ending the same ending in the anime? How many endings are there, I hear somewhere around 14? Did you get to seem them all?

I'm still working on the game, I'm about around episode 11-12ish mark in the game. I was wondering if the other endings were more like "game overs" as in bad endings or an alternate solution to the crisis Okabe faces.
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote