AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 07:08   Link #281
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't get it, what is this hate with Yoshino and Kaji Yuuki coming from?

Both have been prominent with a career that are filled with more success than failure and somehow they got blasted?

It anything, both are highly regarded in the only market that matters and proven then can get the job done more often than not.
I don't see how success means one can't express discontent towards their work. I congratulate them for their success, but it doesn't shake the bad feelings I've had towards them when I've disliked almost everything they were involved in.

Many of Kaji Yuuki's characters simply sound so annoying. That's fine. Maybe they were meant to be that. But when the story tries to pass them off as sympathetic and all you can do is laugh at their attempts at being sympathetic then it's either a fault with the voicing or writing. Not that I know enough to swipe him personally, so as I said above, I won't be able to direct anything personally to them. So I don't blame him; I just blame the unfortunate likelihood oftypecasting.

As for Yoshino, everything I've seen of him, with the exception of Mai-HiME, I've simply despised, so I don't think he'll be able to deliver anything that would suit my tastes. But this is an adaptation, and maybe the source will be good enough. I don't know yet, so I'll give it a chance and hope I'm wrong. It's just that through experience, Sunrise has rarely failed me... though someone has increased the chances.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:53   Link #282
Undertaker

That is fine, like you said, everyone is entitled their opinion and I agree with most of what you said. I don't usually based my viewing habit on staff or VA too often and usually just watch every new stuff before which deciding which one I'd drop. It just ends up that I liked most of Yoshino's stuff and indifferent to Yuuki's VA work. (For me female VA is million times more important )

I'm just having issue when people are passing off opinions as facts and not providing explanations for it nor stated that if was just their preferences.
Old 2012-03-12, 11:22   Link #283
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Haven't seen it but I've always heard My-hime had an ass pull ending,have I heard wrong?
But Mai hime anime isn't adapted from a manga or light novel .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 15:42   Link #284
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That is fine, like you said, everyone is entitled their opinion and I agree with most of what you said. I don't usually based my viewing habit on staff or VA too often and usually just watch every new stuff before which deciding which one I'd drop. It just ends up that I liked most of Yoshino's stuff and indifferent to Yuuki's VA work. (For me female VA is million times more important )

I'm just having issue when people are passing off opinions as facts and not providing explanations for it nor stated that if was just their preferences.
I myself care more about the female VA's, but I guess that might be part of the issue-- there aren't too many new male VA's I'd look forward too. So when I see a name I do recognize and don't like his stuff it becomes more apparent.

Then again, I rarely can dismiss an anime right out of the gate. Maybe the character designs are enough for now. :]

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-12, 18:21   Link #285
Kunagisa

Nice! The thread came full circle one more time!

Crapping on Yoshino/Kaji --> Main character too fat --> crap more on Yoshino/Kaji. Did everyone just ignored DenpaKano from Yoshino? That's the main reason why I think this won't suck ... 10 or so pages ago.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:33   Link #286
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Crapping on Yoshino/Kaji --> Main character too fat --> crap more on Yoshino/Kaji. Did everyone just ignored DenpaKano from Yoshino? That's the main reason why I think this won't suck ... 10 or so pages ago.
Thanks for sharing! Though I will one day watch that OVA.

But you know everyone else besides you may have something else to say even if there is overlap.
Edit: Also, making fun of fat people is going a bit too far... :S

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-12, 18:39   Link #287
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Thanks for sharing! Though I will one day watch that OVA.

But you know everyone else besides you may have something else to say even if there is overlap.
Of course! I'm not so self centered to prohibit anyone from asserting their opinions, yet I just want to remind people that dead horses aren't that fun to beat on ... most of the time ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 18:42   Link #288
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Of course! I'm not so self centered to prohibit anyone from asserting their opinions, yet I just want to remind people that dead horses aren't that fun to beat on ... most of the time ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Well, actually you just reminded me of DenpaKano which I have yet to watch, and why I even bothered to respond at all.

Dead horses are most certainly not fun to beat on due to sanitary reasons. I think it'd be fair to say it'll start rotting really badly when the sun comes out; halfway through the series would probably be the point where we really need to drag it out.

But let's get one thing straight: I am being unfair here. Unlike some "critics" who claim to be objectively crapping on a show (and continue to watch for unknown reasons) XD

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-12, 18:43   Link #289
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

I'm not. It's the one reason why I am giving this a chance. I've already black listed Yoshino for any original works, if he screws this up somehow, might as well just black list him in general for good. He'd be a literal death sentence for any show.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 19:42   Link #290
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can I just ask one question and then I personally plan on dropping the subject? Why do people feel it's necessary to take a stand and defend these two particular people in the thread from being criticized? I just want to know because I'm not sure what exactly the stakes are here and why people feel it's so important to do so. Do people have a particular liking for these two individuals? Do they feel it's unfair criticism/bashing? Do they feel the thread is being derailed by this discussion?

This is purely a question of curiosity
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:09   Link #291
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Do they feel the thread is being derailed by this discussion?
I'd say it's that,this discussion was already brought up before in the thread so people get tired of it.
Old 2012-03-12, 20:18   Link #292
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

WHATEVER the reasons are behind it, it should stop, because it will inevitably turn into a flamefest regardless.
Old 2012-03-13, 20:48   Link #293
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

With this director and writer together again doing a show for Sunrise, I expect something resembling their Mai-HiME and My Otome, which I didn't like, but many people did. Yoshino may have the black mark of Guilty Crown behind him, but I give him a huge gold star for Denpateki na Kanojo. Really an excellent show.

I look forward to hearing Misawa Sachika in a lead role. She was the "sweets spirit" Cafe in Yumeiro Patissiere, but hasn't done much in the past two years. Of course, she is barely 18.

I'm not a huge fan of Kaji Yuuki, but he is competent, and we'll see if he has another voice to use. The whiny one seems to be popular enough with audiences in Japan, if not here. And the rest of the main cast is very good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:50   Link #294
Westlo
Lets be reality

Denpateki na Kanojo was excellent, one of the best anime shows of its year... but that was an adaption where he more than likely followed the original source. Imo a work where the author puts his own stamp on things shows his true colors, original productions like Geass R2, Guilty Crown, Macross Frontier, the Hime franchise (not saying these are all awful.. but a lot of awful moments throughout) as well as his own manga... are more telling. I find it hard to give Yoshino points for Denpateki na Kanojo when stuff where he has clearly had more input in regards to the story has turned out.. as they have. The good news is that Accel World is an adaption.. so if the original work is good enough and Yoshino doesn't drop the ball... could turn out good.

I don't mind Kaji... doesn't deserve the push he's getting but than again I could say that for a lot of VAs over the last few years. Maybe he has range, we'll never know if they keep typecasting him in these roles... see K.Rie for an example for females.. or a newer one you can use Toyosaki Aki.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:15   Link #295
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Can I just ask one question and then I personally plan on dropping the subject? Why do people feel it's necessary to take a stand and defend these two particular people in the thread from being criticized? I just want to know because I'm not sure what exactly the stakes are here and why people feel it's so important to do so. Do people have a particular liking for these two individuals? Do they feel it's unfair criticism/bashing? Do they feel the thread is being derailed by this discussion?

This is purely a question of curiosity
Not necessarily, but if someone got criticized for no apparent reasons why can't they be allowed to be defended?

Only reason I defended him was because Accel World hasn't even aired and there are people dissing it because of the pair.

It's all fine if they mentioned that it was only their opinion like AW did.

The problem I have are those few who passes off personal opinions as facts and claimed the pair were "death" to their project or unpopular and mediocre when in reality the pair had won various awards in their field and is generally popular with fans and definitely had more commercially successful projects than failures.

Its like talking about the Yankees, I can hate the Yankees all I want, but I can't just start saying that entire Yankee franchise is the greatest failure in the history of baseball without some reasoning behind it. Even if I bring up the 2004 collapse to my Sox, the fact remains that the franchise won more titles than any other baseball franchises by far.

Really, I personally had no interested in Yuuki and didn't even notice Yoshino's involvement until people mentioned it. Because as I said, I pretty much watches every show I can find and the decide which to drop. Stuff really don't have much pull for me other than that it might cause me to give it more time if it's a staff that I liked.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-14 at 14:35.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:25   Link #296
TJR

Just wondering, but was Geass R2 even Yoshino's doing? Like the first season, he assisted with Series Composition, but on R2, every script was written by Ichiro Okouichi (and hurriedly at that, given the issues behind the scenes).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:52   Link #297
Undertaker

Tough to say, consider that R2 is a sequel, Yoshino's name will still pop up even if he was not involved. But either way, projects he headed and thought up are all fairly similar in terms that they are all sci-fi/fantasy with tons of girls and plenty of fan services for male oriented series. His work on Kuroshitsuji also earned him tons of praise from fujoshi crowd.

You either like them or you don't, but at least the projects where he was involved are mostly big sellers that brought lots of dough for bunch of people, even the one that he was barely involve in like SEED Destiny. As far as I can tell, Guilty Crown is really the first blake mark on his resume where it fell both critically and commercially in almost every ACG circle.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:14   Link #298
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Denpateki na Kanojo was excellent, one of the best anime shows of its year... but that was an adaption where he more than likely followed the original source. Imo a work where the author puts his own stamp on things shows his true colors, original productions like Geass R2, Guilty Crown, Macross Frontier, the Hime franchise (not saying these are all awful.. but a lot of awful moments throughout) as well as his own manga... are more telling. I find it hard to give Yoshino points for Denpateki na Kanojo when stuff where he has clearly had more input in regards to the story has turned out.. as they have. The good news is that Accel World is an adaption.. so if the original work is good enough and Yoshino doesn't drop the ball... could turn out good.
Yea, the fact that this is a adaptation mitigates whatever problems I have towards the writer. Could turn out good if they stick to the lines.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-03-16, 07:08   Link #299
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

New TV CM:
Old 2012-03-16, 07:21   Link #300
Horse

I just noticed the music staff for this show and it got me very excited. ^^

> onoken