AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is she ? (the women from the first image)
Rena 0 0%
The BlackOtome from the first op 0 0%
Both (option 2 and 3) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-31, 00:08   Link #161
asthalanthil

About the job of the Pillars...

a. We know that Natsuki will send Shizuru out to the border for some reason of the other.
b. We also know that Natsuki had Shizuru come back (from wherever) to help her in the upcoming affairs
c. And we know that Shizuru is well-known enough in Garderobe to have students pinin' and dyin' over her.

Looks like it might be that the Pillars have a rover kind of job, to roam or come back with intelligence (spy ) on other countries. So they do come in once in a while but their main job is outside. Well... It could be *shrugs*

As to whether Pillars are stronger than Meisters, I propose that they are. So far we only have one example, that Shizuru is stronger than Haruka.

However, it makes sense that Garderobe will want the strongest ones to stay with them and look over Garderobe. Hence Natsuki and Shizuru. And come to think of it, perphaps they wanted Mai as a Pillar and she was torn between that and something else.

Kk, my two cents upon waking up... I know I'm addicted to MO when I wake up and think about it.... argh...
Old 2005-12-31, 03:42   Link #162
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Um... she wishes she had parents to hug too?
</GraspingAtStraws>

I'm hoping that's another red herring... PLEASE let it be a red herring...
I'll keep this brief as I am currently installing stuffs and firefox does a wicked job of eating RAM when you have 40+ tabs open..

Actually, that could be true. There is no indication (even if it is envy of either of them) that she envies Nina for anything more that actually having a father and family to look to for support. She has no parents and no family, surely anyone in this position would simply envy another for having them? Love may not have anything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegarden
that famous heartbeat also happen in episode 4 around minutes 20:50 - 21:00, when she's lying in her bed.
Are you talking about Arika's heartbeat? Damn, I would check the episode if I could, can anyone see what kind of thing inspired this worrying reaction?
Old 2005-12-31, 05:09   Link #163
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The heartbeat from 20:50 - 21:00 is actualy several (Arika's lieing in bed after beeing fited with a coral gem), they seem to be caused due to the changes in her body......so basecly they're irelevant
Old 2006-01-01, 00:52   Link #164
Bloody

I just saw this on the site .... Natsuki became.... Maid??
Old 2006-01-01, 01:17   Link #165
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody

I just saw this on the site .... Natsuki became.... Maid??
They confirmed that to be a Photoshop edit from 2chan.
Old 2006-01-01, 01:30   Link #166
Bloody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
They confirmed that to be a Photoshop edit from 2chan.
whew!! good thiing it isnt real... thanks ^_^
Old 2006-01-01, 07:32   Link #167
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
The heartbeat from 20:50 - 21:00 is actualy several (Arika's lieing in bed after beeing fited with a coral gem), they seem to be caused due to the changes in her body......so basecly they're irelevant
If only I could convince myself of that. At least all this talk of her falling for Sergei holds little fact, to say the least. It could, quite honestly, be anything, and it could very well be her connection to Mashiro that created that heartbeat. Her asking Akane about love could be completly un-related.. I hope..
Old 2006-01-01, 08:10   Link #168
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati
Wow talk about filling in the gaps!
The only information that was diectly said about Pillars was Shizuru in episode 1.

- Her being able to materialise without a master was 'logically presumed' to be a 'Pillar ability' - but no confirmation
- Fumi may or may not be the master of all Pillars - (you'd think so though it's never been mentioned directly)
- Shizuru is a part of Garderobe (otherwise how the hell would the pupils be pining over her or even know who she was in such a familiar way) but it may or may not be connected to her participation as a Garderobe Pillar - no comfirmation either way
- There has never been any clarification that a Pillar is 'stronger' than a regular meister. It's assumption only
- Which interestingly - nor has Shizuru actually been refered to as a Pillar by 'other people' - only Amethyst or a meister - so there is no clear differentiation between a Pillar or Meister in certain terms. She's been given a 'title', of which the role has not been expanded upon yet.

Amen, as it stands at episode 12, that is all we know...

I think they did mention about Shizuru and Natsuki being pillar..it is somewhere in the japanese website and there really are 5 pillars serving the country...Not sure who but so far only both shizuru and natsuki are confirmed as pillar. By looking at the episode, it is safe to say that pillar are stronger than regular meister otome.
Old 2006-01-01, 19:51   Link #169
Urd
Airborne

hhmmm.. now wait a second...
i asked some time ago if only Akane was going to graduate, or if all the pearls (or at least the one who managed to pass..) would graduate as well. Someone said that all the pearls were going to graduate too... Would that make Nina, Arika and co. move on to the pearl class them?

it kinda makes sense.. i guess....

what do u think?
Old 2006-01-01, 19:56   Link #170
wingsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd
hhmmm.. now wait a second...
i asked some time ago if only Akane was going to graduate, or if all the pearls (or at least the one who managed to pass..) would graduate as well. Someone said that all the pearls were going to graduate too... Would that make Nina, Arika and co. move on to the pearl class them?

it kinda makes sense.. i guess....

what do u think?
In my opinion I can't see Arika & the gang becoming Pearls... I think something will happen that will cause them to either Skip and become (insert word for fully-fledged Otomes here), stay as Corals, or die.
Old 2006-01-01, 23:56   Link #171
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsky
In my opinion I can't see Arika & the gang becoming Pearls... I think something will happen that will cause them to either Skip and become (insert word for fully-fledged Otomes here), stay as Corals, or die.

Maybe what you say is true, but there will be chance for them to be pearl too cuz the whole pearl gang are gonna graduate. The corals will be on the next level, just like how we advance from junior school to high school. (Not sure of the western schooling system cuz I am from malaysia).
Old 2006-01-02, 03:47   Link #172
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuji
Maybe what you say is true, but there will be chance for them to be pearl too cuz the whole pearl gang are gonna graduate. The corals will be on the next level, just like how we advance from junior school to high school. (Not sure of the western schooling system cuz I am from malaysia).
The way the Otome school works, they would all have to graduated as long as they had a high enough rank in the 51. You can't just leave a giant gap where the old pearls used to be.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:06   Link #173
wingsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
The way the Otome school works, they would all have to graduated as long as they had a high enough rank in the 51. You can't just leave a giant gap where the old pearls used to be.
Ah but I can see the story will progress a lot faster in the upcoming episodes. Yes some of the class will step up to be pearls. But I think that this will be in the background, and isn't of great interest to the main story.

There will be something different in store for the others, IMO.
Old 2006-01-02, 08:40   Link #174
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Just curious.....has anyone yet posited a theory that this whole destruction of nanomachines by sperm story could possibly be fake? That the admins of Garderobe say this to Otomes to ensure that they take their obligation seriously and thus reduce the possibilities that they will marry and pass on the technology through their bodies? Can you imagine the problems an Otome might have if the nanomachines were still active, she marries and then her husband can control this very dangerous weapon? Frightening.

Since Mai is shown in the OP as having her powers and what not, that theory would make sense. She disappeared with whomever she fell in love with but managed to keep her powers and thus control of the nanomachines.

On another note, the presence of Miss Maria's GEM in her ear would suggest that the Otomes that fought in the War of the Dragon Lord were merely used as soldiers and were masterless. Otherwise, there would've been a fair amount of disappearing nobility/rulers (and that would be a bad thing...talk about country destabilisation). Just speculating if it hasn't already been said.
Old 2006-01-02, 09:02   Link #175
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
Just curious.....has anyone yet posited a theory that this whole destruction of nanomachines by sperm story could possibly be fake? That the admins of Garderobe say this to Otomes to ensure that they take their obligation seriously and thus reduce the possibilities that they will marry and pass on the technology through their bodies? Can you imagine the problems an Otome might have if the nanomachines were still active, she marries and then her husband can control this very dangerous weapon? Frightening.

Since Mai is shown in the OP as having her powers and what not, that theory would make sense. She disappeared with whomever she fell in love with but managed to keep her powers and thus control of the nanomachines.

On another note, the presence of Miss Maria's GEM in her ear would suggest that the Otomes that fought in the War of the Dragon Lord were merely used as soldiers and were masterless. Otherwise, there would've been a fair amount of disappearing nobility/rulers (and that would be a bad thing...talk about country destabilisation). Just speculating if it hasn't already been said.
1. I believe the sperm story is true. But I also believe it exists as a fail-safe rather than as a technical limitation. On one hand, many treat it as means of forcing the girls to choose between love or duty. On the other hand (and I only recently thought of it), it also protects them from abuse by the more "forceful" male masters.

Regardless, it IS true an Otome can lose her powers. We know that for a fact because Rena lost hers. We don't actually know how she lost her powers though, so it doesnt prove the sperm story either way.

2. The link of master-Otome is likely maintained in the DragonLord War. Why should people worry about how their country is destabilised by loss of nobles/kings, if they lose the war? I do believe being invaded once the battle is lost would be far more destabilising than any loss of a noble. And if a King lose a war, the chance of him surviving is low anyway.
If Otomes can exist full powered as an available option (outside of being a pillar), I am sure most loyal Otomes would have the option by now. After all, what if you need to save the master's life, but he/she is too far away to give authorisation? Or how Haruka Armitage would have loved the freedom to bash skulls whenever and where ever she sees fit?

Haruka is a respected Otome, and if she can't get self-activation, few others should be able to. I believe it is most certainly possible for everyone to self-activate by some means, but whatever it is, Gardrobe is keeping the secret under lock and key.
Old 2006-01-02, 09:45   Link #176
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
1. I believe the sperm story is true. But I also believe it exists as a fail-safe rather than as a technical limitation. On one hand, many treat it as means of forcing the girls to choose between love or duty. On the other hand (and I only recently thought of it), it also protects them from abuse by the more "forceful" male masters.

Regardless, it IS true an Otome can lose her powers. We know that for a fact because Rena lost hers. We don't actually know how she lost her powers though, so it doesnt prove the sperm story either way.
This I would definitely agree with.

Quote:
The link of master-Otome is likely maintained in the DragonLord War. Why should people worry about how their country is destabilised by loss of nobles/kings, if they lose the war? I do believe being invaded once the battle is lost would be far more destabilising than any loss of a noble. And if a King lose a war, the chance of him surviving is low anyway.
That's not entirely true. Japan lost WWII and managed to retain its monarchy. This may have been true of some nations but not all and in not all conflicts. In the case of Airies, if they have always been democracy of a sort, if all of their Cabinet or Congress members have Otomes, losing a good number of those politicians could cause more upheaval than if they remained safe. The Cabinet and President can help rebuild a country even if they have lost the war. Losing a war does not necessarily mean that the losing country will be totally and indefinitely occupied by the victorious army. Again, I refer to Japan as an example.
Quote:
If Otomes can exist full powered as an available option (outside of being a pillar), I am sure most loyal Otomes would have the option by now. After all, what if you need to save the master's life, but he/she is too far away to give authorisation? Or how Haruka Armitage would have loved the freedom to bash skulls whenever and where ever she sees fit?
That makes sense and would also explain Haruka's momentary lapse of memory when trying to go after Midori. Though it seems to me that she and Yukino are never very far apart.
Quote:
Haruka is a respected Otome, and if she can't get self-activation, few others should be able to. I believe it is most certainly possible for everyone to self-activate by some means, but whatever it is, Gardrobe is keeping the secret under lock and key.
And for good reason. Maybe Mai managed to figure that out, which could add to her long list of grievances with Garderobe.
Old 2006-01-02, 11:43   Link #177
KiraDouji

Well, I always thought the master thing was political byproduct of the war... :/

- Kira
Old 2006-01-02, 12:00   Link #178
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
I think one thing the sperm rule is as well would be to explain why no males have the power. *mental image of Nagi in a transformation sequence*

It seems the whole power structure is thought of as a means for "peace at all costs", though it's likely to break down very soon. It also has the byproduct of a world where power is very "top-heavy" and the average person suffers as a result.

Do you reall want to see Nagi yell out "Materialize" and start transforming?
Old 2006-01-02, 12:06   Link #179
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
That's not entirely true. Japan lost WWII and managed to retain its monarchy. This may have been true of some nations but not all and in not all conflicts. In the case of Airies, if they have always been democracy of a sort, if all of their Cabinet or Congress members have Otomes, losing a good number of those politicians could cause more upheaval than if they remained safe. The Cabinet and President can help rebuild a country even if they have lost the war. Losing a war does not necessarily mean that the losing country will be totally and indefinitely occupied by the victorious army. Again, I refer to Japan as an example.
That would depend on what the war is about. The US was not fighting a war of conquest, it was a war of revenge (pearl harbor) and ideology (vs communist). Japan on the other hand was fighting a war of conquest, if it had won in WWII, most likely they would have keep whatever land they had manage to hang on to in Asia.

So as far as the world of OH is concern if the invading Country wants to take over and absord Aries into their own empire then the president and cabinate would most certainly be kill.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-01-02 at 12:43.
Old 2006-01-02, 12:20   Link #180
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
That would depend on what the war is about. The US was not fighting a war of conquest, it was a war of revenge (pearl harbor) and ideology (vs communist). Jaoan on the other hand was fighting a war of conquest, if it had won in WWII, most likely they would have keep whatever land they had manage to hang on to in Asia.
Quite true.

Quote:
So as far as the world of OH is concern if the invading Country wants to take over and absord Aries inot their own empire then the president and cabinate would most certainly be kill.
I doubt this. Even the Nazis knew the value of good leadership and politicians. So...you either converted to their ideology and remained in power or you were sent to the executioner. There are other options than wiping out an entire Cabinet and President. The Romans often kept the political structure of conquered countries relatively intact so that they could have some integration with the Roman political machine. There were Roman governors but local magistrates and tribal leaders to pass on the dictates and laws of Roman rule.
Closed Thread