AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 06:21   Link #43501
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose my problem is that most of them don't feel like IS?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 06:23   Link #43502
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Because certainly most of them avoid to look and feel like I.S.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:25   Link #43503
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I'm looking for a story that steers IS in the right direction, not replace it I guess. And if it replaces the story then it better be damn good. If IS is a 1 out of 10 then I need at least a 7.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:27   Link #43504
Eratas123

Again: Shiraniu Amaterasu's. He doesn't deviate from canon much and the way he made Ichika stronger is pretty good - He made him more of an engineer class kind of guy. Unlike all the other Ichika's who suddenly become absurdly strong for no reason.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:28   Link #43505
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Seconded

only the intro is odd, but not bad compared to say, the rest.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:33   Link #43506
Eratas123

There is a bit of faulty logic: So apparently Tabane spread the cores in order to maintain a balance. Okay, I can swallow that. What makes it kinda hard to swallow is that apparently Phantom Task has been inhabited by ax crazy psycho's who want to 'Purge everything in the fires of war'. Granted I know we don't know PT's motives in canon, but making them kinda cartoonish evil is kinda of an odd step.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:38   Link #43507
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

PT Exist since the end of WWII, so there. they ARE terrorist, we don't know their motive.

Squall is young, I suppose she appear AFTER PT switch their goal, the political shitstorm caused by I.S. is not small by any means.

And my guess: Tabane probably don't spread it by choice, she just make cores and bureaucracy do the rest. She running away, no core will be made. Thus Houki's family being secured, both to avoid enemy nation's interference, and to secure that Tabane still have attachment to Japan, to a degree.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:46   Link #43508
Eratas123

Hey, I'm just stating my points. Given her actions in V8, any notion of Tabane spreading the cores for the good of the world/the people is blatantly false.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:48   Link #43509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

She spread the cores to see what happens. It's not like she has any concrete plans. It's a game. For example, a game isn't fair if someone has more points than everyone else at the start right? No handicap, free for all. =))
Old 2013-05-18, 06:49   Link #43510
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't discredit your opinion, sorry if you perceive it like that

I did say Tabane simply don't care as long as hilarity ensues, she shift balance of the world as her wish, started with sending Golem, creating Akatsubaki, and now working in PT's behalf. Like demi said, she's a jackass GM.

As for 'power balance' crap, it's called propaganda. And I bet two cent government said it, not Tabane herself.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:51   Link #43511
Eratas123

Its not 'my' opinion: Its whats in Shiranui Amaterasu's story.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:52   Link #43512
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ah... so it did shift after all =))
Old 2013-05-18, 06:53   Link #43513
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wait, were not talking about canon?

Sorry then, I guess it's just "Author took a leeway because canon is not there yet" again, it's not until V7 light novel that Tabane's threat is concrete.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:56   Link #43514
Eratas123

No, I'm pretty sure that in canon Tabane's a female dog of unclear breed. The fact that she gets away with her actions and Chifuyu barely even registers that there was a pilot inside the Gospel when she gave it mad cow disease is even more annoying.
Old 2013-05-18, 06:58   Link #43515
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
No, I'm pretty sure that in canon Tabane's a female dog of unclear breed. The fact that she gets away with her actions and Chifuyu barely even registers that there was a pilot inside the Gospel when she gave it mad cow disease is even more annoying.
Yeah, and Chifuyu let it go. OUR WORSHIP OBJECT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Lot's of stuff just don't make sense, half delivered message tend to do just that. I dislike Tabane since, say, her first appearance in Anime. Scream "WARNING: CHESSMASTER" to me. Mind you, I don't even knew there's a novel.
Old 2013-05-18, 07:04   Link #43516
Eratas123

Tabane's a classic example of a "Karma Houdini". Last I checked, people tended to dislike people who escaped Karma's cluthces.
Old 2013-05-18, 07:14   Link #43517
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For me Chifuyu didn't let it go so much as she already expected as much from Tabane. After all, Chifuyu had to live with 10 years of assuming that Tabane launched over 1500 nukes from around the world on just Japan. And when she asks Tabane about this, Tabane more or less confirms it.
Old 2013-05-18, 07:17   Link #43518
Eratas123

I know, but the fact that she doesn't seem to give a shit at all doesn't look good. If my friend took an American celebrity hostage, I wouldn't just raise an eyebrow and shrug, regardless if I expected it or not.
Old 2013-05-18, 07:23   Link #43519
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Difference in scale and interpretation?

I wasn't surprised when I heard one of my friends attempted suicide. I just raised an eyebrow and said, "huh." then I laughed.
Old 2013-05-18, 07:31   Link #43520
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

WTF, let's don't go meta here. Folks.

This forum is no hugbox, but certainly not 4chan either.

On the issue of Chifuyu, she's a hypocrite. True, but nowhere as bad a Tabane. Hell, I could easily say she's the most complex character in I.S. verse.

Doesn't meant I have to like her, though. But she's the only character with clash of interest, between ideal and reality.

Chifuyu's reality: I don't care about the world, I can't stop Tabane, all parents are jackasses vs Chifuyu's ideal: Ichika has to be a hero, etc.

For all we knew, Chifuyu might actually resent her, and her stopping the missile is purely done out of good intentions.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest