AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 21:41   Link #41
Rawgers
Nyaa~

My "must" watch-
Full Metal Alchemist 2- I enjoyed the first series very much, so let there be more! Lets hope this ends up better than the first one =D

K-On- Just having Kyoto Animation is good enough. The plot seems pretty interesting (music ftw), so yeah.

Konnichi wa Anna- I've enjoyed watching some of World Masterpiece Theater shows. The only thing with this show is that it may end up not getting fansubbed.

Saki- Mahjong + 5-6 lolis = must watch. Just hoping that Gonzo does not ruin this show and make it into some loli fanservice shit. Lolis are fine without all the fanservice

Hayate 2- watched the first season, enjoyed it, looking forward to the second season (and OVA)

Tears to Tiara- The game is said to be better than Utawarerumo. Lets hope the show is as well.

Spice and Wolf (OVA)- Yay for apples!

I may watch DBZ Remastered if it somewhat improves (and less then 100 episodes) If not, bye bye.

All the other shows (that get fansubbed) I will probably try out for the sake of giving every show equal treatment =D (also too see if there is any sleeper hits)
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 00:05   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Automatic must watch animes...

Cross Game - I'm an Adachi fanboy, what can I say. The manga being the most emotional thing I've read in recent memory only helps getting me pumped for this

Valkyria Chronicles - hated the game, and the story wasn't enough to get me going despite how good the story was. Now I can enjoy the story without the game

Phantom - one of the few games I've heard that's good, bought it because of rave reviews, but never actually got time to play lol

Hatsukoi - another school life lighthearted drama/romance from JC staff? I sincerely hope they try to spin a new story, because while I thought the original was great, I want something new to enjoy

Hayate 2 - Aa-chan... please let there be Aa-chan!

Asura Crying - anything with male/female childhood friends as the main chracters are automatic watches for me, even if one of them is a ghost lol

I usually give a 3-episode grace period to every anime aired but...

Winter Sonata - I rolled my eyes at the original, even more at the J-drama adaptation, and I won't even bother wasting my time in its anime incarnation

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 20:41   Link #43
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Utawarerumono is one of my favourite animes, so I'll probably take a look... however, I don't think Tears will have UtaMono's best feature: the heaps of cute catgirl moments. Hopefully it has an interesting design motif like Uta did.
TtT and Utaware are very similar.
The lead again is a mature intelligent king, fathery type, powerful, with a mysterious past...
(but this time, a lot more manly with his harem than ultra-passive Hakuoro-san ).
The way he goes about building his own nation and rag-tag team of loyalists is similar also.

Yes, you won't have as many furry-eared girls this time, but instead, you'll have tons of cute fairies girls.
If they do TtT justice the way they did Utaware anime, we'll be in for a great ride!

(And don't worry girls, it's not just a treat for the boys... there's plenty of awesome bishi and situations for you too!)
Old 2009-02-18, 22:41   Link #44
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Well, I guess this is the list of anime I'm going to try.
Series:

FMA
K-On!
Pandora Hearts
Saki
Hayate no Gotoku 2 [If JC Staff does this, I hope it still resembles season 1]
Natsu no Arashi [The ending of the School Rumble manga wasn't that good, but I still have hope. And it's SHAFT]
Hatsukoi Gentei [Possibly]
07-Ghost [If it's too shoujo/yaoi, I'm dropping it]
Tears to Tiara
Asura Cryin'
Tayutama

OVAs:
Tsubasa [Maybe...]
To LOVE-Ru
ToHeart2 adplus
Hayate no Gotoku 2 OVA
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:11   Link #45
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post

OVAs

First DVD for Saint Seiya Lost Canvas will be released on June, that's still part of the spring season, but that's pushing it

And there will be 13 episodes.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 03:05   Link #46
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Seems like there is a fair few I'll be checking out in Spring and fortunatly it ties in with uni finishing for 'revision' before the exams. Refreshing after a crap season anyways.

Shangri-La
Eden of the East
Guin Saga
Winter Sonata
Senjou no Valkria
Hayate no Gotoku II
Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichin
Basquash!
Phantom Requiem for the Phantom
Natsu no Arashi

Out of the ones that I am going to check out, Phantom seems to have intrigued me the most.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:23   Link #47
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Black means dropped rightaway. Red is doubtful. Orange is neutral. Green means I'm looking forward to it.

Most of the new OVAs extend existing franchises. I'm looking forward to more Spice and Wolf and Minami-Ke. I might give that Tenshi Muyou spin-off Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari a chance but I don't think it would be a Tenshi Muyou spin-off if it wasn't very Tenshi Muyou-esk, so it's probably an early drop. I will take the opportunity of the Utawarerumono OVA to actually try and watch the TV series for once but I again expect an early drop. Everything else is dropped unseen. Then there are three "original" OVAs ("original" as far as anime is concerned of course). Denpa Teki na Kanojo is already out (web stream) and I didn't like it. I will see how Yurumates and Dogs, Bullets and Carnage turns out.

As for the TV series, away goes the odd stuff: Marie & Gali, Mainichi Kaa-san, Higepiyo, Jewel Pets, Sugar Bunnies Season 3, Chi's Sweet Home. as well as everything that's left but meant for younger audiences: Metal Fight Beyblade, Dragon Ball Z Digital Remastered, Basquash!, ROBO CROSSER, Bakugan Battle Brawlers. Honorable mention goes to Konnichiwa Anne. As much as I respect the world Masterpiece Theatre, Akage no Anne made me fell asleep. And worse, when I channeled my inner 10 years old girl she fell asleep too. And if I recall the correctly, this prequel isn't even by the original author but a recent attempt to milk the cow. So still no. From what's still left, Hayate no Gotoku 2 and the Lupin + Conan special go a way as unwanted sequels. Finally, Saki because I don't like anime about games, and even less so, when I don't even know the rules. Cross Game because I don't like anime about games, and even less so .... wait, I said that already. Nice 80s look though.

I admit that the coming season doesn't look so great to me. If I had to nominate anything for the green category I'd say Ristorante Paradiso just because it looks slice-of-lifey and different and Higashi no Eden because noitaminA anime tend to be more often good than not (however, anime that aim high (politics!) tend to fall deep. See Ride Back.).

Into the orange category goes Natsu no Arashi! (synopsis made me curious but the first two manga chapters are so-so), Hanasakuru Seishounen (reverse harem can be both good or bad), Hatsukoi Limited (what exactly is this?). K-ON (while I don't like music anime I don't see how what I don't like about music anime can be put into 4koma form. So maybe this 4koma-based music anime is different?). Asura Cryin' (unlike Tayutama below this might be one of the better examples of the sudden girlfriend appearance genre) Is it just me or is spring the season of the generic fantasy-esk action anime? Fullmetal Alchemist, Guin Saga, Sengoku Basara, Pandora Hearts, Senjou no Valkyria, 07-Ghost, Shangri-La all look the same to me on first glance. Honorable mention goes to Fullmetal Alchemist of course, but I haven't even seen the first version so I have to decide which I should try. If the remake is self-contained and does not try rush over what has already been told in the first version then I'm gonna watch the remake. Otherwise I'll go for the first version. In any case, I will put that on hold until there is a clear picture emerging where this is going. Dishonorable mention goes to Shangri-La (GONZO).

In the doubtful category go Gugutto Gokyjyou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou. More kids' anime I i want to know wht it is exactly. Tears to Tiara. I didn't give much about the "same X as Utawarerumono" because that often means nothing but after aohige description above I put it from the orange into the red category. Queen's Blade (red category bordering black). Obviously a pure "girls with big boobs fighting" kind of ecchi anime. Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!. Also an ecchi show it seems. Requiem for the Phantom. In the thread everybody was talking about the harem and nobody about the story, so I expect it to be about the former and not the latter. Plus, Bee Train isn't the type of studio I expect to pull another Kara no Kyoukai. Tayutama: Kiss on my Deity. Sudden girlfriend appearance and from what I've read not one of the better anime, rather one of the worse. Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S. I watched the first version, then I dropped it, then I picked it up again and finished it. It wasn't too bad in the end but I don't know if I want another one of those. RAINBOW Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. I doubt the very existence of this anime (see thread). Otherwise it would go into the green category.
Old 2009-02-24, 07:18   Link #48
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Well, I'll be keeping m eyes peeled for Saki and Hatsukoi Gentei.
Really, this season looks a little melancholy. I dunno about you but this season, I have my hands "full" with Maria-sama, CLANNAD After Story and so can only take in two more. Will look again mid-season.
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 03:34   Link #49
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Will watch or check out (in order of preference):
- Eden of the East
- Shangri-La
- K-On!
- Spice and Wolf 2
- Fullmetal Alchemist 2
- Ristorante Paradiso
- Hayate no Gotoku 2

Looking forward to talking with you all over it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 11:04   Link #50
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
TtT and Utaware are very similar.
The lead again is a mature intelligent king, fathery type, powerful, with a mysterious past...
(but this time, a lot more manly with his harem than ultra-passive Hakuoro-san ).
The way he goes about building his own nation and rag-tag team of loyalists is similar also.

Yes, you won't have as many furry-eared girls this time, but instead, you'll have tons of cute fairies girls.
If they do TtT justice the way they did Utaware anime, we'll be in for a great ride!

(And don't worry girls, it's not just a treat for the boys... there's plenty of awesome bishi and situations for you too!)
Well after playing Utaware, and TtT, and watching the anime of Utaware, I have to say there are lots of similarities with the two. But one thing I do want to say is if you liked the music for Uta, u'll love the music in TtT, which I felt was one of the best things in the game. Waith I thought they were elves, but I mean fairy/elves I guess its all the same?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 00:46   Link #51
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Can't believe I missed it, but Spice and Wolf (OVA) will be on my list too.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 14:32   Link #52
Nosauz

does anybody know what studio is doing cross game?
Old 2009-03-02, 10:16   Link #53
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Persoanlly, I am really looking forward to the second Fullmetal Alchemist series. I believe it's a remake, though i'm not sure exactly where they're starting in the timeline. All I know is that it's going to actualy follow the manga this time around.
Old 2009-03-02, 15:56   Link #54
Nosauz

I wonder are they just gonna shift up the old fma sub forum to currently airing section? I bet there will be a load of interesting discussion/comparison between the two sereies. If i'm correct this is the first time a series has been redone, by the same studio in this short of a time span?
Old 2009-03-03, 06:54   Link #55
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Looking forward:

Higashi no Eden - Automatic watch for Kamiyama and I.G., although a wee bit wary due to my lukewarm reaction towards I.G's more recent anime. Umino Chica's character design is a plus though!

Ristorante Paradiso - I know nothing about the manga nor the author, but the character design appeals to me somehow. Yeah, shallow.

Valkyria Chronicles - I so want to play the game, but the lack of PS3 (and money) makes that kinda impossible for now. Heard a lot of good reviews for the game, hopefully the adaptation won't disappoint.

Cross Game - Because it's from Adashi, come on!

Neutral (will probably check a few episodes or so):

Full Metal Alchemist - Having never read the manga nor watched the previous anime, I have no idea what to expect. Regardless, I hear a lot of praise for the manga, so I might watch a few episodes and decide from there.

Hanasakuru Seishounen - I have absolutely no faith in the author, especially when it comes to the development of her female characters (Jyu Oh Sei, anyone?), but the synopsis intrigues me, though I know it can just as easily go wrong.

Guin Saga - Not a big fan of fantasy anime/manga unless it's done by certain specific creators, neither do I think much of the character designs.

Shangri-la - Tentatively cautious due to the studio being Gonzo. The premise is interesting and the Range Murata character designs are love.

Dogs: Bullets and Carnage - The manga's nothing amazing, can get a bit too self-indulgent at times. Might watch just for the action, presuming the animation would be anything to write home about.

Doubtful:

07-Ghost - I thought the manga was crap and pacing ridiculous.

Pandora Hearts - Same as with 07-Ghost. I do like Alice though, hmm...
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 13:11   Link #56
Tiberium Wolf

From only this information I am only looking for FMA, Shangri-la and k-on. Seems like a pretty weak season .
Old 2009-03-03, 15:13   Link #57
kasumicc

Since this season has a lot of remakes and sequels, this is a long-awaited season for me ^^ maybe the best season I've seen in a long time.

Must-see: Fullmetal Achemist, Lupin vs Conan, Saint Seiya Lost Canvas, Tsubasa Shunraiki

Picking: K-On, Winter Sonata, La Corda 2nd season, Chi's Sweet Home 2nd season *-*

Cheching out: Shangri-la, Pandora Hearts, Valkyria Chronicles, Tears to Tiara

I might watch the DBZ remake too xD...
kasumicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 17:11   Link #58
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
does anybody know what studio is doing cross game?
Synergy SP. Keiichiro Kawaguchi will be directing, which is exactly the same combination as Hayate no Gotoku (first season) and Zettai Karen Children.

This partly explains why the second season of Hayate is actually getting a late-night timeslot (Cross Game will also be taking over its previous Sunday morning slot) and a staff change, I guess.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 21:53   Link #59
Nosauz

thx, i wasn't all big into hayate no gotoku but i like zettai karen children, and since cross game is very good as of now, I'm thinking this pretty much a hit for adachi fans
Old 2009-03-04, 02:28   Link #60
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Here's my guide to the 2009 spring series.

I think I'm most excited about Shangri-la, and I hear good things about Valkyria Chronicles. Not sure whether I can make it through another long season of FMA, though.
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
japan