Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 13:39   Link #1021
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wait, Marie has a twin? Or was this hopeful speculation, I don't remember reading anything to suggest she does...
haha it is hopeful wishing on my part, I really don't think would see a Marie twin.
End part is if there was a twin it would be awesome in its own right. The fact I would love to see Kidd be the meister would just add to the awesomeness

I'm somewhat drawn to a KiddXMarie pairing all of a sudden
Old 2009-05-22, 10:43   Link #1022
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

There is no way for Angela to stay at Shibusen once she finds out Mifune is dead. If nothing else, she's an easy target for Medusa to manipulate once she finds out the kid's there.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 14:49   Link #1023
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
There is no way for Angela to stay at Shibusen once she finds out Mifune is dead. If nothing else, she's an easy target for Medusa to manipulate once she finds out the kid's there.
It's not the same but some might have argued that there was no way for Black Star to stay at Shibusen either. Kind of a strange thing to find someone sticking around with the group that killed their family and really Mifune was family from Angela's perspective. Of course the major difference is Angela being older and having fond memories of the person that was killed.

At any rate she is bound to find out at some point what happened. The question will be about her eventual fate. It'd be an ugly twist of fate if it connects to the original fight between Black Star and Mifune. There was a chance to kill the injured Mifune and helpless Angela back then. Instead Mifune fell after a later battle where both were going head on. Just seems that the souls Black Star and Tsubaki get are emotional ones.

There really is so much going on now. The major battle is over so everything can really spread out. Seems poor Kid will be locked up for a while. It'll be tough to just find him.
Old 2009-05-22, 16:06   Link #1024
lmd_84

From the inclusion of Liz and Patti asking Maka about Eibon, and it meaning something to her - she recalls a book on her shelf - I think we might be getting to the Kid and Noah issue sooner rather than later.

Someone on the SEF forum (well, in all but name) suggesting that Kid was wrong about who took the Eibon book out of the library. He saw the 'M' and, reasonably, thought it was Medusa. Yet in the same chapter we had Maka commenting that she'd borrowed Spirit's ID on the pretext of getting a library book out of the higher levels. Though we saw her using it to get to Medusa's cell, it might be the case that she did indeed get a book from the forth level: the one on Eibon. Reader that she is, she might have taken advantage of dear Papa's ID while she had the chance and with no great purpose in mind. Only now, it could mean something for Kid.

I don't see why Angela finding out about Mifune's death would mean she'd have to leave Shibusen. It'd depend very much on her reaction, and so long as she's under their protection, even Medusa could have a time getting ahold of the young witch.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why Medusa would want Angela. Manipulation is one thing, but with incomplete magic and An being very young I'd say Medusa's better off sticking with using her own child as a puppet. We know how dangerous Crona can be.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 23:54   Link #1025
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
From the inclusion of Liz and Patti asking Maka about Eibon, and it meaning something to her - she recalls a book on her shelf - I think we might be getting to the Kid and Noah issue sooner rather than later.

Someone on the SEF forum (well, in all but name) suggesting that Kid was wrong about who took the Eibon book out of the library. He saw the 'M' and, reasonably, thought it was Medusa. Yet in the same chapter we had Maka commenting that she'd borrowed Spirit's ID on the pretext of getting a library book out of the higher levels. Though we saw her using it to get to Medusa's cell, it might be the case that she did indeed get a book from the forth level: the one on Eibon. Reader that she is, she might have taken advantage of dear Papa's ID while she had the chance and with no great purpose in mind. Only now, it could mean something for Kid.
If she used the ID to get the book, it would have been done before Medusa lead that attack on Shibusen, but that is a rather interesting idea. Maybe she took it out to learn more about the black blood and us readers will find out that the substance came from the great Cthulhu, Y'golonac, Hastur, or any other creature associated with Lovecraft lore.

In regards to the speaking or writing of the cursed names, if some horrific creature materializes like the myths say, I regret nothing.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 01:19   Link #1026
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Thanks for reminding me guys, I completely forgot all about it after the craziness with Justin.

So that my speculation of Chrona being the one who killed BJ thrown into the ocean, what exactly did Medusa mean when she said "the Chrona you know no longer exists? An evolution of the Black Blood? It could tie in to the speculation of Maka picking up the Book of Eibon to research Black Blood and whatnot. Could very well tie in both entities into one big main plot.

Speaking of which, which of the three main subplots do you guys want the manga to focus on next... Kishin, Medusa, or Noah? As interested as I am in Justin, and his relationship with the Kishin and Noah, I have to say that I want a Medusa-centric arc next. I want to know what changed about Crona, I want to know what her next plan of attack is, and I want the possibility of an emotional and epic Maka vs. Crona stand off. Perhaps this "Shibusen Kid Squad" can be divided up into two teams, one focused on saving Kid and one focused on taking out Medusa.

Also, to note on the topic above... I highly doubt Medusa would target Angela as puppet material. Not only does she have more than useful puppets in Crona, Free, Eruka, and Mizune... but the question of "would it really be worth manipulating Angela so she awakens to her appetite for destruction at the risk of another tango with Shibusen?" comes to mind.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:15   Link #1027
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If she used the ID to get the book, it would have been done before Medusa lead that attack on Shibusen, but that is a rather interesting idea. Maybe she took it out to learn more about the black blood and us readers will find out that the substance came from the great Cthulhu, Y'golonac, Hastur, or any other creature associated with Lovecraft lore.
Without there being any direct link between Eibon himself and the black blood, or even insanity (Kid's understanding is based on assumption and conjecture), I'm not sure Maka would have taken out the book on the sorcerer for that reason. I can see Lovecraft getting referenced again, though. From what little I know of the lore, it'd fit nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post

So that my speculation of Chrona being the one who killed BJ thrown into the ocean, what exactly did Medusa mean when she said "the Chrona you know no longer exists? An evolution of the Black Blood? It could tie in to the speculation of Maka picking up the Book of Eibon to research Black Blood and whatnot. Could very well tie in both entities into one big main plot.

Speaking of which, which of the three main subplots do you guys want the manga to focus on next... Kishin, Medusa, or Noah? As interested as I am in Justin, and his relationship with the Kishin and Noah, I have to say that I want a Medusa-centric arc next. I want to know what changed about Crona, I want to know what her next plan of attack is, and I want the possibility of an emotional and epic Maka vs. Crona stand off. Perhaps this "Shibusen Kid Squad" can be divided up into two teams, one focused on saving Kid and one focused on taking out Medusa. .
I don't think it's the Book of Eibon that Maka or Medusa picked up (not when it was kept in a library...) but just a book about the real Eibon. I can imagine it's going to be significant, definitely for Kid, and perhaps for Medusa too. Eibon's magic seems to be a versatile thing, and Medusa is nothing if not adaptable.

I think Justin will provide an indication of how Asura's doing, and that Medusa will do as she did following her 'death' at the hands of Stein and back off to prepare for her next move. Unlike the Kishin resurrection, this was far more of an outright win for her (no-one cut her in two, for starters), but nevertheless I can't see her jumping into something straight away. For the character, it's not how she acts, and for the plot we've spent an awful long time with Medusa around: I can see Okubo turning his attention elsewhere.

Yet...that leaves Kid. Though Maka's recollection of Eibon struck me as Okubo setting up his main cast for a new, Kid-related mission/storyline, I'd like to see how he'd put it across if we are going to see this new squad going up against Noah.

Noah was introduced as something rather different in the Baba Yaga arc. Maka and Black Star all had something familiar in those that threatened them, whereas Noah came out of sort-of nowhere, connected to a character known only through history and nicks the shinigami boy with no trouble at all.

Now both Maka and Black Star have got their heads around their own power-ups, it'll be interesting to see what happens next. From Okubo's point of view, I'm curious about how he will portray their abilities: will courage and new-found power be enough and get them though any obstacle, even unknown ones?

It worked in the anime...
Old 2009-05-23, 17:29   Link #1028
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok I just breezed through about the last 5 chaps of SE since Id fallen behind and Im so sad Mifune died but man the paneling that led up to it was amazing. Seeing Mifune fading, then Tsubaki crying leading to the full page of Tsubaki by herself was awesome. Gah poor Angela.

Id also forgotten all the craziness with Justin and Medusa looks awesome in her new body but where I fangirled the most was SEEING STEIN BACK!!!! Marie's weapon form was cool, obviously different then the anime but I liked this vers too.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 19:08   Link #1029
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Without there being any direct link between Eibon himself and the black blood, or even insanity (Kid's understanding is based on assumption and conjecture), I'm not sure Maka would have taken out the book on the sorcerer for that reason. I can see Lovecraft getting referenced again, though. From what little I know of the lore, it'd fit nicely.
Maka could have taken the book out to know more about the black blood and it turns out that that book is also the only book that has information on Eibon.

EDIT: I just realized, wouldn't it be something if the book that Maka uses in her Maka Chop, the book that appears out of nowhere, was that book. I'm pretty sure it isn't, but it would be funny.
Old 2009-05-24, 07:18   Link #1030
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Speaking of which, which of the three main subplots do you guys want the manga to focus on next... Kishin, Medusa, or Noah?
Noah would be the one for me, a mini-arc to explain who he really is and what's his connection to Asura and have Medusa interfere with his plans, making her the arch-villain (she really fits for the spot). Alternatively, it could start off with Medusa and Crona so that Crona gets saved for good (too many changes get tiring for me) and then Noah interfering for whatever reason he may have.Asura feels like he's on a completely different plane to me right now, would be too sudden if he moved already.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 09:55   Link #1031
lmd_84

The only reason I can see Noah interfering with Medusa and Crona is that if he sees either of them as a worthy addition to his collection. Kid's a shinigami, Mosquito a vampire: neither seem to be numerous in the world, but there are many witches. Crona, however, could be seen as a suitable oddity for the Book of Eibon.
Old 2009-05-24, 13:48   Link #1032
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
The only reason I can see Noah interfering with Medusa and Crona is that if he sees either of them as a worthy addition to his collection. Kid's a shinigami, Mosquito a vampire: neither seem to be numerous in the world, but there are many witches. Crona, however, could be seen as a suitable oddity for the Book of Eibon.
well whether theres alot of witches, Medusa and Crona are still very different from the norm.

I just hope Noah doesn't team up with Medusa, I hope he goes it alone and "wtf pwnzors" anything in his way
Old 2009-05-24, 13:51   Link #1033
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He looks like the solo kind of guy...his collection speaks for that matter,it looks like he wants to own all, so if he has collaborators they're either weak or uninteresting. I want Kid to be the one who does him in, since Kid's the avatar of justice...grrrr monthly mangas sure know how to torment me
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 15:46   Link #1034
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well whether theres alot of witches, Medusa and Crona are still very different from the norm.
Crona's definitely different. I'm not convinced Medusa's ability as a witch, which is what makes her stand out, is enough for Noah's standards. It looks like he prefers rare items.

I could do without all the bad guys teaming up. It makes things too two-sided for my liking. Arachnaphobia, which its explicit anti-Shinigami intentions, was bad enough. What with Medusa using him for some larger plan, Asura's not doing anything himself, I'd rather see Noah as a separate agent who...simply does things that Shinigami disagrees with. Like abducting his son. If the difference makes sense...
Old 2009-05-24, 15:51   Link #1035
ellifeedn
Thinker

I agree that he is a solo operator, but then what was he doing with Arachne?

If Noah wants rare things, what's rarer than pages from the Book of Eibon, a dozen of which are located in Shibusen?
Old 2009-05-24, 16:00   Link #1036
lmd_84

Ah, I don't think I was clear about the Shinigami part. I meant that, unlike Arachne, Noah doesn't have some vendetta against Shinigami. I wasn't suggesting he wouldn't go after whatever Death might have that the imposter could be interested in.

When it comes to working with Arachne, I wonder if it's due to what she did with the book. By transforming herself into a sort-of Kishin, she could have provided another item for the Book of Eibon. We know he wants Asura himself.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:50   Link #1037
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Is it possible for Justin to have stolen a page of the Book of Ebion from Shibusen?
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 21:31   Link #1038
R-Otaku
Who needs a picture?

Good point there, although if Shibusen don't know it can be used as a teleport then how did Justin?
R-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 02:37   Link #1039
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

We don't know if Shinigami knows this or if it's only his subordinates who don't. Either that, or Justin has received help from Asura.
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 23:13   Link #1040
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is the new chapter out yet?

Tags
shounen