AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 21:24   Link #7101
Aquaman OS

And even still these aces seemingly aren't worth the time and money to animate and voice them just to essentially cameo in another character's story. There's a reason a large number of Gundam pilots never see the light of day in animation. And this hardly something only Seed is guilty of.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 21:33   Link #7102
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even aces can die, and doing nothing onscreen is not the same as doing nothing ever.
I was being a douche. I was making fun of Heine he was supposed be equivalent in skill to Athrun but dies by not looking behind him.

Of course Ace pilots can die. many shows have ace pilots that die usually die saving the rookies though =/. doing nothing onscreen is the same as something off screen they didn't help the show any . Yzak anybody lol
Old 2013-05-11, 22:22   Link #7103
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
I was being a douche. I was making fun of Heine he was supposed be equivalent in skill to Athrun but dies by not looking behind him.

Of course Ace pilots can die. many shows have ace pilots that die usually die saving the rookies though =/. doing nothing onscreen is the same as something off screen they didn't help the show any . Yzak anybody lol
Or cocky aces who think they are the best then charges in (thinking of a particular Overflag pilot from 00 here who decided to break formation, and yes hes an ace, proof was the information given and his assignment to that particular unit)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:38   Link #7104
monster

Quote:
Heine he was supposed be equivalent in skill to Athrun but dies by not looking behind him.
He did look, but I assume that the Gaia was just too close and too fast for him to do anything by the time the sensor warned him of its approach.

I'd give him a pass seeing as how the Freedom, the most dominant mobile suit he probably ever encountered, was just hovering a few meters from him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:57   Link #7105
The American Average
2LMES

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
@ 4:00

Heine hears the warning bell, slowly looks behind him.... you'd think if you hear that warning bell you would move or something. However i Do not know what the warning bell means in destiny, it could just be bell that tells the pilot every little detail on the Suit like low ammo, engine temp, or stuff like that. He really didn't seem to care when he heard it
Old 2013-05-11, 23:13   Link #7106
monster

Quote:
Heine hears the warning bell, slowly looks behind him.... you'd think if you hear that warning bell you would move or something.
Well, that's just it, he barely had time to turn his head to look when the Gaia sliced his mobile suit.

It wouldn't be wise for him to move suddenly without first looking. Unfortunately, he just didn't have the time.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:33   Link #7107
The American Average
2LMES

I really think Heine was skill enough to like do a round house kick and stop the gaia in its tracks it not like the Gouf was a crappy MS. However i do know of who voiced him and his character needed to leave pretty quickly.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:43   Link #7108
Aquaman OS

He was also just stupid for still trying to attack the Freedom when all of his weapons were in the arm that was cut off. He should have pulled back.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:53   Link #7109
monster

Quote:
I really think Heine was skill enough to like do a round house kick and stop the gaia in its tracks it not like the Gouf was a crappy MS.
It's not about the capability of the Gouf. It's about him not even having the time to react.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
He was also just stupid for still trying to attack the Freedom when all of his weapons were in the arm that was cut off.
He wasn't trying to attack.
Quote:
He should have pulled back.
It wouldn't do him any good with a fast mobile suit like the Freedom still nearby, might as well watch what the Freedom does first.
Old 2013-05-12, 00:03   Link #7110
S.Freedom

You guys are forgetting that there is a meta reason for Heine's death. He was voiced by T.M Revolution, the same guy who sung Meteor, Ignited, Invoke and Vestige.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like why he died or that he died at all. But Heine isn't a good example to use when discussing ace's who die.

@monster If Heine wasn't attacking the Freedom, then what exactly was he doing moving in the Freedom's direction?

And why would it not do him any good to withdraw? He was disarmed so wasn't a threat to any other MS in the area. So Kira would have any reason to prevent Heine from returning to the Minerva. Hell, that's the whole reason Kira disarms his opponents in the first place.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 00:22   Link #7111
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
It's not about the capability of the Gouf. It's about him not even having the time to react.
Then what was the point of the Gouf? wasn't supposed to be a Fast close quarter combat suit. he had several seconds to dodge i would think that would be plenty of time but in this situation who would have a clear head.

With Heine retreating why would he? everybody doesn't know what the heck is going on with the freedom shooting everybody my bet is Heine was just trying to figure whats going on which while thinking this he got chopped in half

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
You guys are forgetting that there is a meta reason for Heine's death. He was voiced by T.M Revolution, the same guy who sung Meteor, Ignited, Invoke and Vestige. Don't get me wrong, I don't like why he died or that he died at all. But Heine isn't a good example to use when discussing ace's who die.
well all know that Heine was voiced by TM Revolution however there really isn't any other Ace pilots that died in Combat besides him to my memory. several pilot characters died but not at Heine's level of Skill.
Old 2013-05-12, 00:32   Link #7112
monster

Quote:
If Heine wasn't attacking the Freedom, then what exactly was he doing moving in the Freedom's direction?
It looks to me that he was just moving downward. It's just that, from Stella's perspective, it may look like he's moving toward the Freedom.
Quote:
And why would it not do him any good to withdraw? He was disarmed so wasn't a threat to any other MS in the area. So Kira would have any reason to prevent Heine from returning to the Minerva. Hell, that's the whole reason Kira disarms his opponents in the first place.
You're expecting Heine to know all of that when he can't actually make those assumptions.
Quote:
Then what was the point of the Gouf? wasn't supposed to be a Fast close quarter combat suit. he had several seconds to dodge i would think that would be plenty of time but in this situation who would have a clear head.
Well, as it turned, out, in this case, there wasn't time enough. That's just how it is. No mobile suit is perfect enough to negate all dangers.
Quote:
there really isn't any other Ace pilots that died in Combat besides him to my memory. several pilot characters died but not at Heine's level of Skill.
Well, there are Miguel Aiman and Marco Morassim.
Old 2013-05-12, 00:33   Link #7113
S.Freedom

I know, it's that there's a reason outside of the universe that he died. If that reason didn't exist he likely would've lived and became the Impulse's pilot instead of Luna when Shin got the Destiny.

At least Miguel didn't get any development as a character. He was more a one and done character.
Old 2013-05-12, 00:35   Link #7114
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Well, as it turned, out, in this case, there wasn't time enough. No mobile suit is perfect enough to negate all dangers.
makes me wonder if the Savior/Athrun could have gotten out of that tough spot. well for the Impulse it would have been a cake walk =p

Quote:
Well, there are Miguel Aiman and Marco Morrasim.
really? Miguel Aiman that... i don't even

Marco Morrasim he felt like a filler character to me but i'll give you that one, i guess however I was more meaning in Destiny
Old 2013-05-12, 00:42   Link #7115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I know, it's that there's a reason outside of the universe that he died. If that reason didn't exist he likely would've lived and became the Impulse's pilot instead of Luna when Shin got the Destiny.
Or better yet, ditch Rey altogether and let Heine pilot the Legend . Rey is such a boring character to have.
Old 2013-05-12, 00:47   Link #7116
monster

Quote:
At least Miguel didn't get any development as a character.
To be fair, neither did Heine. His talk with Athrun isn't a development of his character, but of Athrun's character.
Quote:
makes me wonder if the Savior/Athrun could have gotten out of that tough spot.
Actually, I would blame Athrun for being useless yet again in Destiny and not taking out the Gaia when he should've had a clear shot at it. But then again, Kira probably would've reacted to the Saviour's movement and attacked it.

But that's still preferable to me than Athrun just hovering there and then having the nerve to be mad at Kira.
Quote:
i guess however I was more meaning in Destiny
Well, when your protagonist is from ZAFT and the EA does not have any onscreen ace other than Mu, it's amazing they even have time to have a ZAFT ace dying.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:09   Link #7117
S.Freedom

Quote:
To be fair, neither did Heine. His talk with Athrun isn't a development of his character, but of Athrun's character.
That's still better than Miguel as far as I'm concerned. He at least was likeable in his brief appearance.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:15   Link #7118
monster

Quote:
That's still better than Miguel as far as I'm concerned. He at least was likeable in his brief appearance.
Um, okay, I'm not sure what the relevance is, but yeah, I can see why Heine would be likable to some people.
Old 2013-05-12, 01:18   Link #7119
The American Average
2LMES

did Miguel even have a personality? the only line i remember him saying was "You're way in over your head Natural!" oh and his arghha scream when got cut in half. and his death really didn't change anything either. Athrun didn't go apeshit till Nickel died

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-05-12 at 01:29.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 01:37   Link #7120
monster

Curious, why does that matter?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep