Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-30, 19:58   Link #1
Ral
Idea!

Manga: Ch. 331 Discussion [spoiler]

Captain Panda's Summary

Quote:
One Piece 331 - The Big Fight

Things start out at the Galera Compan HQ (it's confirmed written as "Galley-La", but that sounds dumb, so I'm sticking with Galera). Corgi walks out of Iceberg's office complaining about his stubborness, saying he can't tell whether Iceberg really "had it" or not. Califa comes in and asks Iceberg if he wants anything to drink. Iceberg replies that some tea would be nice, and Califa already has it. Califa comments that Corgi left angry as usual. Iceberg replies it's because he has what Corgi wants, and Califa comments that it must be something important. Iceberg says he has no idea what it might be that Corgi wants, and says he's a bothersome guy, while, in the background, a bounty poster for Robin is clearly visible.

Back at the Merry, Chopper tells everyone that Usopp's awake, and everyone goes to check on him, with Sanji commenting that Robin still isn't back. Inside the ship, Usopp is begging for forgiveness for losing the money, and Zoro and Chopper tell him to calm down. Luffy tells him what happened with the money, but tells him not to worry, since they still have some of it, though Nami says that he shouldn't be let off so easily. Usopp asks if it's possible then, to repair the ship with only what they have, and Luffy replies that the ship is simply unfixable, but that with what they have remaining, they can still afford a nice new ship. Usopp freaks out, thinking that Luffy's saying they can't afford to lose the ship because he lost the money, and Luffy says that even with the money, they couldn't fix it. The two get into a shouting match, and Zoro tells them to both calm down. Luffy finally says that no matter, what, the Merry is unfixable. Usopp, however, doesn't believe that that's really the case. Luffy finally convinces him that it is, but even then, Usopp says that the shipwrights just don't know what they're talking about, saying that the Merry is like one of the crew, and wouldn't die on them, and asks Luffy if he really plans to abandon the ship. Luffy says Usopp's in no position to judge the damages, but Usopp says that he can take care of repairs for the Merry, just like he's always been doing. Luffy replies that Usopp's not a shipwright, no matter how much he wants to be. Usopp gets angry at Luffy for taking the shipwrights' word over his and says that he won't leave the ship, no matter what. The two start arguing again, and Nami tells them to calm down, but Luffy tells her to stay out of it, and says to Usopp that he can't change Luffy's decision. Sanji tells them to take their argument outside. Luffy finally decides to beat some sense into Usopp and says that if he won't abide by Luffy's decision, he can leave. Sanji breaks them up, and Usopp, says that if Luffy's going to leave behind "useless" allies, then Usopp will leave as well. He doesn't have the sort of monstrous strength the others do, so he'll leave, because they don't need weak crewmembers. He walks off, saying he's leaving the crew. He walks a little ways, then says that says that since the Merry is still Luffy's ship, he'll take it from them, and demands a duel.
Could this be what Oda was talking about when he was going to make a crew member leave? How' the duel going to come out and will the Merry really get fixed or will there be a new ship?
Old 2004-07-30, 20:28   Link #2
LeafNinja

Luffy will kill Usopp, thereby fulfilling Oda's quote. Poor Usopp, the guy just can't get a break at all.
Old 2004-07-30, 20:34   Link #3
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I don't think that Usopp is going to leave. If anyone at this point, I think it would be Robin. Also, I think its pretty clear that the Going Merry is going to get replaced. But...well see.
Old 2004-07-30, 21:14   Link #4
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch. 331 Discussion [spoiler]

ussop must be suicidal challenging luffy. at this point it seems the GM is the crew member biting the dust. Ussop cant leave im sure this will be like the Zoro vs luffy match from the whiskey peak arc. damn tho ussop has been on PMS mode since skypiea he was always funny and cool not he is whining too much.
Old 2004-07-30, 23:21   Link #5
Rhys
Interweb crawler

I'm a bit relieved because Usopp called GM a crewmember. It means that most probably Oda will fulfill his Jump Festa 'promise' without letting down the fans too much. I hope they keep the sheep figurehead though.
Old 2004-07-31, 09:28   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, you can't have the luffy crew without at least the ram's head.

But yeah, if they're calling GM a crew member now, then yeah, this would be an easy solution. What would be even cooler would be if they had the shiprights build a new ship and integrate as much of GM into it as they could, then GM would live on in a new form, Ussop would be happy, Luffy would be happy, and Oda's prophesy would be fulfilled.
Old 2004-08-01, 03:25   Link #7
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
oda has done it again.
he didnt kill off any of my favorites.
but G.M. is a waste.
what can u replace G.M. with?
Old 2004-08-01, 05:41   Link #8
DeluxSkillz

they can't get rid of usopp that guy has been part of the crew since the beginning plus he's too funny the going merry is probably the crew member Oda was talking about because i can't imagine the straw hat pirates without Usopp
Old 2004-08-01, 10:33   Link #9
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually what they said was that the Going Merry was impossible to rebuild as the same ship because even after you got done the ship would be entierly different on the inside even if it was the same on the outside, which leads me to believe that my idea in my previous post and luffy's comment about tearing down the GM point to the GM being parted out and rebuilt as an entirely new ship using some new parts and some parts from the GM, most especially the rams head. I find no issues with that being the eventual outcome. Because to loose a trademark item at this point would be too much. So I suspect it will be more of a revamp of the GM for the next part of the GL. Which if they're being forced to get a bigger, better ship, then they're probubly going to be running into some uber strong opponents really soon. Some probubly stronger than GM could even dream of handling.
Old 2004-08-01, 18:12   Link #10
Ral
Idea!

You can read Stephen's script here. Seems to be more impact in the chapter after you know everything that's being said.
Old 2004-08-01, 19:50   Link #11
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxSkillz
they can't get rid of usopp that guy has been part of the crew since the beginning plus he's too funny the going merry is probably the crew member Oda was talking about because i can't imagine the straw hat pirates without Usopp
i think luffy's gonna say okay to the duel.
but if he wins, usopp cant quit.
easy solution.
Old 2004-08-02, 10:37   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh man, if Luffy fights Ussop, he's SOOOOO gonna kick Ussop's a** down hard.

But it would still be a cool fight to watch.
Old 2004-08-02, 14:23   Link #13
IronLungs
THIS IS YUMMY!

Finally all those fanboys will get happy.
"Who do you think will win between Luffy and Usopp?"

If there were any doubts, that is.
Old 2004-08-02, 18:45   Link #14
DeluxSkillz

maybe ussop has probably been hiding his true power and will beat luffy to a bloody pulp
Old 2004-08-03, 01:50   Link #15
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
maybe ussop has probably been hiding his true power and will beat luffy to a bloody pulp
Make it a double for me
Old 2004-08-05, 10:54   Link #16
Furitzuoni
I the great me

Quote:
*lol* he lies so much that has lied about his true power too XD

But I think the fight would be stopped, because i don't think Usopp can beat Luffy. Luffy is now really determinded and even Monsters like Eneru, Crocodile and the likes couldn't beat him when he's in that state.
Of course, maybe he could use one of the dials he obtained at Sky Island (he used the impact dial in the Davy Back fight). But then you need something like the reject dial (i'm not sure he has one) or you must store Luffys own power in the Impact Dial or something like that, to even harm him! So the Chances of usopp beating luffy is nearly Zero (in NGE he would win *rofl*).
Old 2004-08-06, 08:11   Link #17
DeluxSkillz

yeah it'll probably e stopped i don't even see what the big fuss is about they are gonna get rid of the Merry so why not just give it to Usopp, if Luffy has no intention of keeping Usopp around anymore he would dump the damn thing on Usopp's head and be done with it because the things is unfixable anyway so why not let usopp have it, he'll probably smack Usopp till he comes to his senses
Closed Thread