AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-13, 11:25   Link #161
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
usually im against remakes of any kind when it comes to older classic series but every now and then one slips in thats pretty darn good. I enjoyed the first episode im trying to remember how the old story went but what caught my eye was the animation i really liked it and the music was pretty fresh too. Nothing like watching a series that takes you back to when you first started down the road of anime. I think i am going to watch this one all the way through. Between Birdy and Slayers i am have some server flashbacks to the good ol days.
Old 2008-07-13, 11:41   Link #162
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
usually im against remakes of any kind when it comes to older classic series but every now and then one slips in thats pretty darn good. I enjoyed the first episode im trying to remember how the old story went but what caught my eye was the animation i really liked it and the music was pretty fresh too. Nothing like watching a series that takes you back to when you first started down the road of anime. I think i am going to watch this one all the way through. Between Birdy and Slayers i am have some server flashbacks to the good ol days.
those were the days when you watch anime in a room full of people at the local anime club.

now it is watch on your laptop during lunch
Old 2008-07-13, 12:22   Link #163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
usually im against remakes of any kind when it comes to older classic series but every now and then one slips in thats pretty darn good.
I'm not against remakes all that much. It gives a chance for viewers of today to experience what we grew up with (i know i'm sounding pretty old when i'm not, though i've read the manga in the past :3).

First episode made me smile so much. It's awesome seeing these characters yet again, and feeling like this is my first time. Going to be a very fun few months with another Birdy production, and it's already looking to be my fav' of the new season.
Old 2008-07-14, 09:17   Link #164
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I really like the action scenes in this series, I feel that it is really well done. After these first 2 episodes, I am definitely gonna continue.

I'll definitely check out the older version
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:47   Link #165
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I'll definitely check out the older version
Everyone should check out the 1996 OVA's for the musical score alone.
Old 2008-07-14, 10:00   Link #166
Zelda1

2nd ep feels like it should, Birdy kicking ass and looking hot. I didn't realize how much I've missed this character.
Zelda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 10:24   Link #167
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I agree anyone who has not seen the original should take a stroll down memory lane and check it out. Watching Birdy again is like getting back to my anime roots.
Old 2008-07-14, 11:06   Link #168
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I agree anyone who has not seen the original should take a stroll down memory lane and check it out. Watching Birdy again is like getting back to my anime roots.
Indeed. I just rewatched the first OVA episode, and oh god the memories.

Classic avatar change!
Old 2008-07-14, 11:44   Link #169
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
The second episode was good too. Again, I must say that the action scenes are really well made, in those sections the director really made good choices.
Old 2008-07-14, 11:46   Link #170
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Why, oh WHY, do the anime artists always force these poor girls to run around in marathon chases WHILE WEARING HIGH HEEL SHOES?!?!?!? Oh the humanity! Oh the bunions and corns and inevitable ankle sprains!

That aside, this is one among many good series this season, with nice voice acting and art for the characters, and a good storyline.

On a side note, the other series I like for this season are:
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ryoko's Case File
World Destruction
edit: Oh, and Koihime Musou

I'm not sure about Sekirei just yet, since I've never been a fan of the whole "women smuggling artillery shells under their blouses" art style, yet the emotional bonds keep me coming back to the manga version.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 11:49   Link #171
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-07-14, 12:33   Link #172
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Damn I'm definitely following this series. The way Shion talks is so cute. :3

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:17   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Yes! Definitely! ~de arimasu

Birdy is deadly but really cute and straight forward, I love her personality :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Why, oh WHY, do the anime artists always force these poor girls to run around in marathon chases WHILE WEARING HIGH HEEL SHOES?!?!?!? Oh the humanity! Oh the bunions and corns and inevitable ankle sprains!
Beats me how they do it too but it must hurt to be kicked by heels

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 16:53   Link #174
Jerseykid

I want to turn the tomboy school friend into a real life girl. Hope that's not wrong.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:10   Link #175
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ Yes! Definitely! ~de arimasu

Birdy is deadly but really cute and straight forward, I love her personality :3

Beats me how they do it too but it must hurt to be kicked by heels
@_@ the heel probably would puncture. e______e goretastic kick!

@_@ hooo, just picked up the series out of sheer boredom and curiosity, and the first two episodes were definitely better than some of the other series I have going right now. most likely going to continue this.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:04   Link #176
ZODDGUTS

Looks like they left out something very important about Birdy after Tsutomu becomes part of her body in the manga. If I remember correctly they mentioned that her life will be cut in half but she had no choice since killing a human "child" is a big crime even if it was an accident, so she had no choice in the matter to avoid being send back and face severe charges though she still has to face some sort of charges when she gets back to whatever planet that space police organazation is at. Guess the this adaption decided to avoid all of that.

Anyways good ep 2 the animation still stayed pretty good not as good as ep 1 but still good. Don't know what that rich girl that got injured will play in the anime since she isn't in the manga but it looks like the other Altarian is using her as a host or something like that.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:22   Link #177
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Looks like they left out something very important about Birdy after Tsutomu becomes part of her body in the manga. If I remember correctly they mentioned that her life will be cut in half but she had no choice since killing a human "child" is a big crime even if it was an accident, so she had no choice in the matter to avoid being send back and face severe charges though she still has to face some sort of charges when she gets back to whatever planet that space police organazation is at. Guess the this adaption decided to avoid all of that.

Anyways good ep 2 the animation still stayed pretty good not as good as ep 1 but still good. Don't know what that rich girl that got injured will play in the anime since she isn't in the manga but it looks like the other Altarian is using her as a host or something like that.
that was'nt mentioned in original ova either, I never read the manga though
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:53   Link #178
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
The way Shion talks is so cute. :3
haha I noticed that too in her shion time this episode
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 19:17   Link #179
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Me wonders on the accent for Shion as part of Birdy's legend.

Anyway, Tute's gonna kiss Tsutomu. Wonder how that'll work since the school will see them...

IIRC, Tsutomu mentioned about OB. Need someone to clarify on this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 22:41   Link #180
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
...The way Shion talks is so cute. :3
Credit to Chiba Saeko 千葉紗子 for running two different voices in the same show. Some of Sae-chan's other roles: Yuki in .hack//Liminality, Natsuki in Mai-HiME, Natsuki in My-Otome, Momo in Peach Girl, Chika in Ichigo Mashimaro, Dokuro in Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Nina Einstein in Code Geass, Sakamoto in Strike Witches. She's 31 and she just got married a few months ago.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, sci-fi