AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-08-19, 14:26   Link #23801
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yasu pretty much hates her own existence, yea. It pretty much hit when she learned her parentage and how she was dumped off a cliff and all that stuff.
In other words, if Yasu's truly proven that "she's" female, then that means Yasu's a yandere.

But, if Yasu's indeed female wouldn't that invalidate the "Battler is the culprit" theory formulated in End of the Golden Witch?

Then, this is my bet: AuraTwilight say it in red that Yasu's a female.

P.S. I've always wanted to say that quote. *lol*
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:20   Link #23802
cronnoponno

I think people just say ''She'' for reference, saying ''he/she'' every time would get really annoying, and while I personally think Yasu IS female(although maybe she started off as a male, point being she lacks a penis), I can't prove it, so I just use ''she'' most of the time. Also, do Yandere's have to be female? Confused at what you said there.

But I still like the idea that Yasu looks like Kanon physically, and can disguise herself as Shannon due to his girlish figure, fake breasts. Due to Kanon's looks, the gender issue can still be there, I mean she can still be female even if she looked like Kanon.

Last edited by cronnoponno; 2011-08-19 at 16:05.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:37   Link #23803
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What bothers me the most about Yasu being originally male is the fact that then he'd be the victim of a forced feminization by the hands of Genji.

But I guess I shouldn't be that surprised considering we already have a rapist (Kinzo) a murderer (Natsuhi) and a child abductor (Rudolf).

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:04   Link #23804
cronnoponno

Wait, Natsuhi murdered? Rudolph abducted a child?!? Where was this shown? Unless you mean the baby...now that I think of it.
Old 2011-08-19, 16:12   Link #23805
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Wait, Natsuhi murdered? Rudolph abducted a child?!? Where was this shown? Unless you mean the baby...now that I think of it.
Natsuhi and the MF19YAO baby is highly debatable, regarding how much blame she has. I guess it depends on how much love you have for poor ol' Natsuhi, but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident, and she just felt really, really really bad about the fact that she had wished the child would "go away".

Why does Lion only exist in a world where "Natsuhi accepted" him? Because she would've been holding the damn baby herself, probably indoors, with toys, away from any conveniently unsteady cliffside path. XD
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:35   Link #23806
ErenselTheJester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Natsuhi and the MF19YAO baby is highly debatable, regarding how much blame she has. I guess it depends on how much love you have for poor ol' Natsuhi, but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident, and she just felt really, really really bad about the fact that she had wished the child would "go away".

Why does Lion only exist in a world where "Natsuhi accepted" him? Because she would've been holding the damn baby herself, probably indoors, with toys, away from any conveniently unsteady cliffside path. XD
And how does that have a low chance of happening? Are you telling me that 99.9999 times out of 100, no matter what she did, the baby would have died? I mean it should be as simple as "Natsuhi denies/Natsuhi accepts" but nooooo, Lion can't live unless there is some fool- proof way of him being accepted by Natsuhi without dying. WTF?
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:45   Link #23807
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Natsuhi murdered the maid in 1967 and almost murdered Yasu with her. That poor maid died, and this fact was dismissed so easily that I'm not surprised you completely forgot about her. That Natsuhi really did that was confirmed in EP8 after you correctly answer Natsuhi's riddle.
I think an attorney would have a hard time making it pass as manslaughter, it's more like a non premeditated murder, I'm not even sure you could say Natsuhi was insane, she was just stressed.

Quote:
but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident
Even if it was, that'd be manslaugther and that's still a kind of homicide.

As for Rudolf, he took Battler away from his real mother. This is no joke, it's a serious crime. This was also confirmed in EP8 when you solve Rudolf's riddle... or was it Kyrie's? Well either one.

Old 2011-08-19, 16:45   Link #23808
cronnoponno

I believe the ''acceptance/denial'' life-or-death is critical to the point of the story. If Lion could survive while being rejected by Natsuhi then it'd destroy the whole meaning of a lot of things I believe, logically yeah, Natsuhi hating her baby isn't grounds for an immediate death, but what if it didn't happen?

I also agree that the baby incident was an accident on Natsuhi's part, I'd like to believe that she hasn't actually ''murdered'' anyone and that she's probably the most faithful character in this series.
How is telling a servant to fuck off and then the servant ending up dead after that mean she was the one at fault? Did she literally shove them off or something? Almost positive she didn't even though she wished it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Rudolph did do that.
Old 2011-08-19, 16:56   Link #23809
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Did she literally shove them off or something?
I think it's clearly implied that she did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuhi
"......That was no reason... for me to push you off a cliff...

Old 2011-08-19, 17:32   Link #23810
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome

Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think it's clearly implied that she did that.
Or she's just, you know, blaming herself by sending the servant away, causing her to slip off a cliff. Thus, she feels she indirectly pushed Yasu off a cliff. That's my guess, anyways.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:47   Link #23811
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
Or she's just, you know, blaming herself by sending the servant away, causing her to slip off a cliff. Thus, she feels she indirectly pushed Yasu off a cliff. That's my guess, anyways.
Yeah, I believe she only says ''I did it'' because she is paranoid that her wish actually came true due to her strongly wishing for it, she's religious, so....
Old 2011-08-19, 17:52   Link #23812
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well you can have your own interpretation, but would you say my interpretation is far fetched?

Natsuhi said it outright and Beatrice said it was true. That's more than enough for me.

Old 2011-08-19, 17:54   Link #23813
cronnoponno

Quote:
Well you can have your own interpretation, but would you say my interpretation is far fetched?

Natsuhi said it outright and Beatrice said it was true. That's more than enough for me.
Well, I can't deny it that's true, I think our interpretation is a bit of wishful thinking.
Old 2011-08-19, 17:59   Link #23814
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'd wish Natsuhi didn't do that myself, but I'm used to try my best at ignoring my biases when I try to assess a situation.

It frankly seems a lot strange that Natsuhi would actually do that since she wasn't depicted as a person capable of murder, but then again I realize that's something Ryuukishi can do.

Just like how everyone happily help Rena hiding a corpse with smiles on their faces in Higurashi.
I think Ryuukishi... well... I think he undervalues a bit the gravity of some crimes if compared to what normally society does. Then again maybe it's because it's just fiction.

Old 2011-08-19, 18:14   Link #23815
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Hi, dropping by a bit, just wanting to let something off my chest that I just realized recently.

I didn't really think about it at first, but if Kinzo is both Beatrice3/Yasu's father AND grandfather, that means Beatrice2 was both Yasu's mother AND older sister right? It also means Yasu is the youngest of the siblings AND the cousins' uncle/aunt.

My God, Kinzo is awesome.
Old 2011-08-19, 18:24   Link #23816
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
In other words, if Yasu's truly proven that "she's" female, then that means Yasu's a yandere.

But, if Yasu's indeed female wouldn't that invalidate the "Battler is the culprit" theory formulated in End of the Golden Witch?

Then, this is my bet: AuraTwilight say it in red that Yasu's a female.

P.S. I've always wanted to say that quote. *lol*
Yasu has a female gender identity, which is what I was referencing. I do not have any confidence that she is physically a woman.

Quote:
While I agree with you, I do have to add that HOW WOULD BEATRICE KNOW if it was true? She was a fucking baby and any information about the incident would have to be taken secondhand. If Natsuhi says she pushed her off a cliff, REGARDLESS of whether she was right or wrong, Beatrice can only take that at face value.
Old 2011-08-19, 18:50   Link #23817
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
I'd wish Natsuhi didn't do that myself, but I'm used to try my best at ignoring my biases when I try to assess a situation.

It frankly seems a lot strange that Natsuhi would actually do that since she wasn't depicted as a person capable of murder, but then again I realize that's something Ryuukishi can do.
It was 19 years ago. She could have been a different person back then. I also think it's completely plausible for her to lapse for just a couple seconds and commit second degree murder. And remember her motivation. She felt utterly cornered and shamed with no way out except getting rid of the child.

Personally, I do not lack for love of Natsuhi. She's one of my favorite characters and, the horrible 1986 result notwithstanding, I don't think she should be "brought to justice" for her crime because she already bears the full weight of her sin. It would only cause unneeded strife to those around her.

Quote:
Just like how everyone happily help Rena hiding a corpse with smiles on their faces in Higurashi.
I think Ryuukishi... well... I think he undervalues a bit the gravity of some crimes if compared to what normally society does. Then again maybe it's because it's just fiction.
Teppei was an evil, evil human being. I'd be smiling too.

Quote:
Yasu has a female gender identity, which is what I was referencing. I do not have any confidence that she is physically a woman.
Yes, Yasu's gender is female. I think her sex is male, because if Yasu's sex was female then there wouldn't be so much gender confusion in the first place.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:05   Link #23818
cronnoponno

Unless Yasu had a genderbender, then there'd be every reason to have it.
Old 2011-08-19, 19:08   Link #23819
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
While I agree with you, I do have to add that HOW WOULD BEATRICE KNOW if it was true? She was a fucking baby and any information about the incident would have to be taken secondhand. If Natsuhi says she pushed her off a cliff, REGARDLESS of whether she was right or wrong, Beatrice can only take that at face value.
There's also the secondary layer of how does the author know? Even if we take at face value that the cliff incident happened, there's no way anybody could know if Natsuhi ever actually did it or actually admitted to it. If it happened, she is basically the only person who could possibly have known she did it. And I think it very unlikely she ever would have told anyone who wound up surviving long enough to spread that information around. Strikes me as authorial speculation at best.

Just because Natsuhi-as-a-character admits something doesn't mean Natsuhi-the-person ever did, if indeed there was even anything to admit to.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:17   Link #23820
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
, I don't think she should be "brought to justice" for her crime because she already bears the full weight of her sin. It would only cause unneeded strife to those around her.
You seem to think like Ryuukishi but in a real life situation I would disagree. I believe that in case of murder there is a moral obligation to come out and in particular the relatives of the deceased have the right to know.

Quote:
There's also the secondary layer of how does the author know?
Then how does the author know what Rudolf did with Battler if not even his closest relatives knew?

I go with the assumption that since this is the last episode and those scenes are a reward it's basically Ryuukishi himself talking through his characters.
You have to admit that if all that stuff never happened it wouldn't have any narrative value whatsoever.