3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-23, 16:21   Link #41
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Oooh, sorry to double post but so people see this, seems TRSI is doing an offer on the S&WII Limited Edition set. Order before they run out and you get

I've got the other coin, tempted to order early just to get this for collection's sake.
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2011-05-23, 20:11   Link #42
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Ahhhh you beat me to it! Couldn't post it from work due to the firewall!

I know it's not necessarily finalized, but it is very cute!
Old 2011-09-13, 20:43   Link #43
Rajura

I hate to open up an old thread, but since it did get the English treatment...

I had made some observations about the English Season II release in the merchandise thread (general likes, dislikes, etc.).

But, since this pertains to actual episode content, I put it here.

The only thing that still bothers me is seeing the scene where Lawrence puts his hand on Holo's tail near her bottom.

She suddenly yells at him not to touch it so casually.
Now, I don't think it was because of an "Eruru situation". No, Holo is way more dignified and not some common dog.

I think this because earlier a guard had grabbed her tail, and she made had no response... neither physical nor verbal. Again, Holo is more dignified than that, and a simple touch will not be enough to turn her to mush.

I think she did so because:
1) It was an intimate situation, and it was him touching her... obviously when someone who you love touches you, it means more and feels different.
2) It was near her bottom... touching a girl's bottom without her permission (whether she likes you or not) is a no-no!
3) Holo was trying to trying to push Lawrence away one last time to avoid the pain she believed would come from accepting the feelings they had for each other.

Well, what say y'all?
Old 2011-09-13, 21:42   Link #44
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I think she did so because:
1) It was an intimate situation, and it was him touching her... obviously when someone who you love touches you, it means more and feels different.
2) It was near her bottom... touching a girl's bottom without her permission (whether she likes you or not) is a no-no!
3) Holo was trying to trying to push Lawrence away one last time to avoid the pain she believed would come from accepting the feelings they had for each other.
Well, I think this is really the first time she's truthfully wanted him to make a move on her. Her tail is swishing about, but he mistakes it as a sign that she's just egging him on, and not of her being nervous and impatient. So when he mistakenly clumsily paws at her like a dog catching another's tail, rather than being the suave alpha male she wants, she gets frustrated and gives up in embarrassment.

I think that's the point that Lawrence realizes that she wasn't playing around, and it dawns on him what she's about to say (not that it stops him from panicking).
Old 2011-09-13, 22:35   Link #45
Rajura

I may have to sit down and watch it again... unfortunately, I have not had time to do so.

It's just that I am afraid I will feel silly if I over analyze the dialogue. But, I am sure you are right that at that point (as the banter has grown more cute and loving), she did begin to realize she really love him and want to really be with him.

And... he DID touch it in an awkward manner.
Old 2011-09-13, 23:18   Link #46
MOOSETRACKS84

i actually like season i give it a 9-10 only because they left some things out... the anime seem to be rushing through the story rather quickly. im not sure how i feel about it, but for an anime, its much more expensive to produce mabe thats a reason, voice actors are a 10 specially the english actors great casting!! and its great to see the story take life sorda speak. its one thing reading it but its another thing seeing it. and i think they are doing a good job
Closed Thread