AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 16:12   Link #1
blkraven

more OGM file problems

ok i just got the vsfilter.dll file working for the OGM files. This sould have turned on the "changeable" subtitles but for some reason it still doesn't work.

also once i got it installed properly it took away my option in "mplayer2" to change the language. now i neither have it in japanese nor subtitled.

damn persistent english...

anyway has anyone else run into a problem such as this and knows how to correct it?
Old 2004-01-15, 01:02   Link #2
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkraven
ok i just got the vsfilter.dll file working for the OGM files. This sould have turned on the "changeable" subtitles but for some reason it still doesn't work.

also once i got it installed properly it took away my option in "mplayer2" to change the language. now i neither have it in japanese nor subtitled.

anyway has anyone else run into a problem such as this and knows how to correct it?
I myself have come to the conclusion that VSFilter is VobSub with matroska sub support plus a couple thousand new bugs. You might want to try installing VobSub, as in any case VSFilter and VobSub aren't mutually exclusive so you can have both on your system at the same time.

You can get VobSub from here:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ols/vobsub.cfm
or from http://www.doom9.org and I guess it's still up on sourceforge somewhere but sourceforge isn't loading for me right now so I can't check
Old 2004-01-15, 01:23   Link #3
blkraven

still no good im beginning to think that it may be a "false" option. Neither of the files seem to be working either in tandom or alone.

oh well i guess i will have to watch it in english even though that will be like pulling my teeth out with a wrench.

I even speak english but i like to watch anime in its original form. i guess its a respect for the makers sort of thing.
Old 2004-01-15, 08:12   Link #4
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
still no good im beginning to think that it may be a "false" option. Neither of the files seem to be working either in tandom or alone.

oh well i guess i will have to watch it in english even though that will be like pulling my teeth out with a wrench.

I even speak english but i like to watch anime in its original form. i guess its a respect for the makers sort of thing.
Is VobSub starting properly? As in, does a green arrow icon appear in your quickbar when you are playing the file? If it isn't, go to the folder you installed VobSub in and run the DirectVobSub configure program and change the Loading setting (under the General tab) to "Always load".

If it is loading properly and you still can't change audio nor subtitles through vobsub (clicking the green arrow opens a menu) then I don't really know what else could be wrong with it.
Old 2004-01-16, 14:06   Link #5
Badaro
Blue Rogue

Quote:

Not exactly a fix, but perhaps you should give Media Player Classic a try?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

It has built-in subtitle support (no need for vobsub), works with pretty much every format available (including OGM and MKV), even RM and MOV if you have the codecs installed.

The only thing you need to do to get subtitles working with MPC is this: Go to Options -> Playback, and set the video rendering mode to "VMR7 (Renderless)" or "VMR9 (Renderless)".

[]s Badaro