AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-21, 04:48   Link #1
Citrus_tree

Gingatetsudou monogatari ~ Eien e no Bunkiten ~ (Galaxy Railways II)

Hi, I'm very sad for this anime Gingatetsudou monogatari ~ Eien e no Bunkiten~. this's one of anime that I waiting for look them but I can't see anyone who do fansub, ahh...I have saw episode 1 by youtube yesterday that look good but...it's raw...T T(I'm very bad in Japanese language )

This is official website >> http://www.gintetsu.com/
Old 2006-10-21, 11:51   Link #2
JarOfMayo

I've followed it up to latest episode (3).

Its nice and all... Just... Bruce...

And also they didn't keep the first series OST... or even borrow the Big One Launch song from the first series... that just is killer for me. lol
Old 2006-10-22, 13:51   Link #3
Zappster

I was kind of hoping the groups that worked on the previous Matsumoto series' including Galaxy Railways would be subbing this. Don't know about the others but Froth-Bite at least have stated they will be subbing it(according to their website). So that is good news. Looking forward to it. I thought the first series was great.
Old 2006-12-03, 19:52   Link #4
Ace Paladin

Anyone reccomend this series or know what it is about?

Will not seeing the first Galaxy railways make it hard to understand?
Old 2006-12-04, 12:59   Link #5
Citrus_tree

wow...thanks for fan sub....T T episode 1 look great!!! Manabu comeback....for Kilian he's good rookie...ahh...wait for ep2 ^o^
Old 2006-12-05, 00:28   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Paladin View Post
Anyone reccomend this series or know what it is about?

Will not seeing the first Galaxy railways make it hard to understand?
I don't think it will be hard to follow, since the ongoing plot is not very complicated, but I really don't recommend doing that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-05, 04:58   Link #7
ZODDGUTS

Just saw the first episode and liked it. I like the OP and ED but I prefer the first season OP & ED I liked that "Classic" music feel it had.
Old 2006-12-06, 04:53   Link #8
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Yeah, the first series opening theme had more 'umph' to it.

I have high hopes for this series, mostly that it lives up to its predecessor, and can't wait to see where they take it.
Old 2007-11-22, 00:53   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Holy moley this series discussion thread is short! The show has finished airing and 14 episodes have been fansubbed, yet there are only 9 posts in this thread and not a single episode has been discussed. Wow, that response is amazingly underwhelming.

Personally I've been rather disappointed by the series so far. If I was to describe the first 14 episodes I'd say there were... nice enough, but nothing exciting. This is in harsh contrast to the first season where I felt like I'd been put through an emotional wringer after nearly episode.

It's just that there is no tragedy, no pathos, no development. It was nice in the beginning to see Yuuki in a mentor role, but it didn't seem to have any affect on his personality really. And none of the conflicts so far have been really interesting...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-01, 20:59   Link #10
guess

Is this a sequel of Galaxy Express 999? I don't see Maetel or Tetsuro in this, though. After watching GE 999 from Live-Evil, I find it very interesting and would like to know more.
Old 2008-02-02, 17:28   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Is this a sequel of Galaxy Express 999? I don't see Maetel or Tetsuro in this, though. After watching GE 999 from Live-Evil, I find it very interesting and would like to know more.
It's not a sequel. It is more like a re-imagining of the universe created by Leiji Matsumoto, and has nothing to do with the storyline of GE999.

Old 2008-06-23, 20:01   Link #12
Lobot

Looks like Episodes 18-20 are now up.
Old 2008-06-24, 02:41   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It's not a sequel. It is more like a re-imagining of the universe created by Leiji Matsumoto, and has nothing to do with the storyline of GE999.
It also has an amazing opening theme. Carry the liiiiiiiiiiiiight!
Old 2009-04-30, 13:54   Link #14
Snelk

Hey got a question, it says its complete but aren't there 26 episode? 24 that were broadcast and 2 that were DVD only I think. Just wondering.
Closed Thread