AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 16:19   Link #18821
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well, like i said her "fate" has been left on a cliffhanger, so don't assume the "worst" just yet..., until we know for certain which obviously won't happen until the battle with Alucard.

Besides i haven't given up believing that shes still alive.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-01-31 at 17:47.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:48   Link #18822
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I say she's dead. It would be really cheap if she wasn't. But then again...we thought we would never see Hokuto but for some reason he is rolling around in a wheelchair despite being able to partially transform.
Old 2011-01-31, 21:38   Link #18823
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
I'd say Akasha is still alive, maybe not "well", but alive at least. I think if and when she's pulled out of Alucard, she may end up looking like something the dog chewed on, and may never be quite up to snuff as she once was (Fighting is prohibited for you, girl.), but she might be at least capable of being the loving mother she's known for being (after extensive regeneration recovery, that is).
Old 2011-02-01, 00:14   Link #18824
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I say she's dead. It would be really cheap if she wasn't. But then again...we thought we would never see Hokuto but for some reason he is rolling around in a wheelchair despite being able to partially transform.
Oh come on, we all knew we'd see Hokuto again the moment we knew he was still alive in season 1.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:18   Link #18825
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I would guess that if Akasha is alive, she would no longer be worthy of her Dark Lord title. After all, you don't spend almost ten years inside a being that absorbed tons and tons of youkai power and come out looking like nothing happened... in fact, she might even be weaker than a regular vampire would be

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:39   Link #18826
Tachibana
タチバナ

Akasha would not be in the best of conditions all those years inside Alucard, and i have to say i agree with you Majin shes probably greatly weakened from all those years inside Alucard because of the sealing.
Old 2011-02-01, 01:24   Link #18827
Chris38

Well, in my opinion it's hard to say, what is Akasha's current condition...

After all, currently she is sealing Alucard from the inside of his body - and for now, we don't even know what that actually means...

Although I agree that, if Akasha is going to be recovered from the inside of Alucard's body, she's going to be a lot weaker then she did before sealing herself within Alucard, but in my opinion, a "proper" discussion on this topic, should be made, once we know more about Akasha's current condition, since for now, there hasn't been a lot of information revealed about that...

On another topic, I kind of wonder what is the condition for a vampire to have his trademark red pupils, since I thought it's something related to the amount of youkai energy a vampire brings out, but after reading the chapter, where Akua and Akasha fight in Moka's flashback, I'm not to sure about that, since their eyes seem to switch at random intervals of time, without regard to the amount of power a vampire uses.... I mean it seems more likely that the appearance of the red pupils that vampires have, seems more related with the emotions that a vampire feels at the moment, rather then the amount of power a vampire uses.

Which, makes me a little curious, why Inner Moka and Tsukune in his vampire form have vampire eyes nearly all the time - especially considering the fact that in the flashback to Moka's childhood, the young Moka, before she started wearing the Rosario had "normal human" eyes as well, and her "vampire eyes" seemed to appear only when Moka was felling some "extreme emotions" as well...

So what do you think about this ?
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 08:22   Link #18828
Tachibana
タチバナ

Thats a very interesting question Chris38, ive been trying to figure out this for quite a while all the vampires in this series seem to to do this...

Shinso - Tsukune (He's the only one who seem to have these slitted eyes permanent when he transforms and during his transformation)
Shinso - Akasha (seems to be random for her)
Vampire - Issa (unknown, can be assumed it works the same way for him)
Vampire - Gyokuro (unknown, can be assumed it works the same way for her)
Vampire - Akua (seems to be random for her)
Vampire - Kahlua (seems to be random for her)
Shinso - Moka (more often slitted eyes than random for her)
Vampire - Kokoa (seems to be random for her)

But like you said it seems to be based upon their "emotions" and it also seems to happen when they get "serious", however it could be centered around the warlike nature of their Vamp/Shinso blood that effects this. I kind of thought it had to do with the way Ikeda did his artwork but ruled it out since he wouldn't be careless about it, however to me this phenomenon on how their vampire eyes switch between normal looking eyes, even on how they actually work seems to be unknown.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-01 at 09:38.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 17:02   Link #18829
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh come on, we all knew we'd see Hokuto again the moment we knew he was still alive in season 1.
We didn't see any other villain return, so I thought it was done. That was one thing I liked about R+V, no recycling of bad guys. They don't return all the time with a new bag of tricks only the be defeating again. And we don't get a ton of useless bad guys either; it's a nice balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I would guess that if Akasha is alive, she would no longer be worthy of her Dark Lord title. After all, you don't spend almost ten years inside a being that absorbed tons and tons of youkai power and come out looking like nothing happened... in fact, she might even be weaker than a regular vampire would be
Maybe she'll be as close to human as a monster can get. This way, she can meet Tsukune's parents with no problem. They would probably pass out on first sight, not only is Moka beautiful, but her mother is too. His dad would be proud of him!
Old 2011-02-01, 17:13   Link #18830
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
We didn't see any other villain return,
yes we did, in the very next arc to be exact, the art teacher Ishigami made a triumphant return to cause chaos at the school festival using the lilith mirror
Old 2011-02-01, 17:46   Link #18831
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Although he was killed of fairly quickly, there was also the guy who tried to harass/*do bad things* to Moka near the beginning of the manga (Isizu or something?) who then as I remember returned for a second shot, before getting killed for failing.

I dont actually have a problem with returning characters and villains, as long as it's not dragged out endlessly, as it does lend creedence to them being 'badder' than most, and able to get back up after being beaten.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:07   Link #18832
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

Semi-unrelated

Spoiler for R+V figures:

Finally got the Shueisha Mizore and Omote Moka figures. Considering they're both discontinued and rare, I got Mizore at a pretty decent price--cheapest I've seen since I've started looking for her; while Moka was a really nice deal-- even cheaper than original retail. I think that pretty much completes the collection of R+V figures. All of the other ones aren't that good quality-wise.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 18:40   Link #18833
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
yes we did, in the very next arc to be exact, the art teacher Ishigami made a triumphant return to cause chaos at the school festival using the lilith mirror
Oh yeah. I never really thought of the teachers as villains in the beginning, to be honest. It's like they were just acting out their nature.
Old 2011-02-01, 19:26   Link #18834
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Especially since Youkai Gakuen's a school for monsters

Spoiler for And if they managed to pull Akasha out...:

Ah, it's been a while since I did that...
Old 2011-02-01, 21:28   Link #18835
Tachibana
タチバナ

@Tempest35

I'd love to see an ending similiar like that at the end of the series, very good.

Of course, Tsukune is afterall 100% Akasha approved material for Moka.

However, something tells me that Akua will join our heros in the battle with Alucard...
Old 2011-02-02, 00:01   Link #18836
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Especially since Youkai Gakuen's a school for monsters

Spoiler for And if they managed to pull Akasha out...:

Ah, it's been a while since I did that...
This is proof we need the next chapter, before Tempest gets any more crazy delusions...

although on a semi-related topic, Tsukune has the mother's approval... but I'm not sure we can leave Issa out of the picture. He may not have the strength that Akasha has/had physically, but it looks like he's a muscle among the politics of the high-bred vampires...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 00:11   Link #18837
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
@Tempest35

LOL

I enjoyed that very much, though I'm surprised Kurumu didn't try to stop Akasha when she saw Tsukune starting to looking like dehydrated corpse. It's too bad the others like Yukari wasn't there to make some squick remark about Akasha being fine too, to get into a threesome with along with Tsukune, or Ruby going on about wanting to be tied up and whatnot, and Mizore icing everyone else just to get her child-rearing injection from Tsukune.
Old 2011-02-02, 01:28   Link #18838
Chris38

@Tempest35

LOL ... That was a pretty amusing scene.

... which, got me thinking if Tsukune's blood is still as delicious to vampires, other then Moka - who's need for Tsukune's blood might be some kind of aphrodisiac for her - or rather that Tsukune's blood tastes good to her, because of the feelings Moka has foreword Tsukune, which might be the reason why Inner Moka hasn't been "feeding" from Tsukune yet...

After all, in the first season of the manga it has already been mentioned that Tsiukune's blood taste has changed and since he reason behind that was the injection of Moka's blood into Tsukune's veins, Tsukune's blood taste might be further changing, the more progress Tsukune makes in his vampire transformation.

Of course I doubt that Moka wouldn't notice that, but she might be not saying anything about it, to not make Tsukune worry about it, or might not even care about it, because Tsukune's blood is still delicious to her..

I mean it's kind of strange that both Kahula and Akua haven't noticed anything unusual about Tsukune, not to mention that, in the more recent chapters of the R+V manga, only Moka has been still "feeding" from Tsukune and Kokoa has seemingly forgotten about how delicious Tsukune is, and as we know from the beginning of the second season of the R+V manga, earlier she thought Tsukune's blood is delicious too...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 04:22   Link #18839
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think that Kokoa's not willing to fight her oneesama for feeding rights to Tsukune - she knows that Tsukune is exclusive to Moka. I believe that it's common law that a vampire's familiar is something akin to personal servant status or at the least, they are favored in some way enough so that the vampire shares their power with whoever or whatever it is.

That's kinda why if Akuha ever DID do anything to Tsukune, sexual or violent (or both), it's a BIG slight against Moka's pride as a vampire (she can't defend her 'property' as needed/ that Akuha can just take whatever she wants from Moka).

I didn't want to make the selection I wrote too long so I omitted the rest of the harem from the 'moment'. That and Ou-Rex's idea of Akasha being an inspiration for the monster equivalent of 'Gone With The Wind' in that one story had me tickled to death - I had to reference it.

On a more serious note:

Now that Akuha has to deal with Omote on the ship, how will this change her attitude towards Moka? Remember, Omote is the spitting image of Akasha Bloodriver - someone that Akuha probably feels indebted to in some way. I don't think she wants to see Akasha ever again but now, she's staring into the face of her 'greatest sin' and it won't go away.
Old 2011-02-02, 07:07   Link #18840
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@Tempest35

... which, got me thinking if Tsukune's blood is still as delicious to vampires, other then Moka - who's need for Tsukune's blood might be some kind of aphrodisiac for her - or rather that Tsukune's blood tastes good to her, because of the feelings Moka has foreword Tsukune
Rosario+Vampire wouldn't be the first vampire-themed novel/story where the blood of a loved one is incredibly potent/desireable for the afflicted vampire. As he is no longer fully human it could well mean he has lost his 'spring zest' to most vampires.

We already know that Tsukune has had urges (much as he hated himself for it) to drink Moka's blood, which would suggest this is the way Ikeda is playing this matter.
It's quite likely that going forward as he becomes more and more vampiric in nature, he will hold no more desire to most vampires (unless they have a craving for turned/half-breed) than another Ayashi, with the exception of Moka who has a connection with him.

On the earlier term of vampiric eyes, I believe it's in the nature and emotional state, you could suggest within vampires lies a more human nature, and an ayashi nature (or a ying and yang), the 'cat eyes' simply representing the more inhuman side of them. Along with red eyes or silver hair, its a fairly common way of announcing a human looking character as inhuman, or at least from what I've picked up.

'Vampiric-mode' Tsukune sports them, because by the time he reaches that state he's usually gone to a more primal, vampiric state of mind, plus he's usually under duress. Outer Moka is a much more human representation of Moka which is why she tends not to show them, whereas Inner Moka is a more vampiric representation, and often tends to appear in again, violent or antagonistic situations, which result in the more vampiric nature becoming prominent.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire