2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.49%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-29, 08:37   Link #321
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IIRC he is a soldier. And soldiers can't just go where they want to, expecially not with military equipment. They have something called chain-of-command, and he needs to get the permission/order first.
Which lead to a longer way round and when he finally got there, the battle is almost over.

PS :-
Anyone think that the new mask of Graham is to hide his scars from GN Poisoning from the explosion of his GN Flag ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 08:39   Link #322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Anyone think that the new mask of Graham is to hide his scars from GN Poisoning from the explosion of his GN Flag ?
Other then that, at the moment i can't see any reason as to why he's wearing a mask. So yeah i believe so.
Old 2008-03-29, 08:49   Link #323
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Well, consider this the price he had to pay for his love.

He did make the confession in this episode.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 08:50   Link #324
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, i'm sure he's amazingly happy under that mask.
Old 2008-03-29, 08:51   Link #325
aris385

We all know were Setsuna is hiding under Marina's sheets.

I really believe he is on one of the elevators after difting in space away for the rest of CB. Maybe is with Allelujah helping he recover like how Trowa did with Heero.
aris385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 08:57   Link #326
nero23

Exia was retrieved, they were saying at the end that they couldn't get 0 Gundam's drive to match 00, and they're not sure if even Exia's drive will work. So Setsuna is probably still with CB.

Graham is wearing the EF uniform, so he's not an independent baddie.

I wouldn't exclude Lockon coming out later in the series allied to one of the non-CB factions.
nero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:03   Link #327
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero23 View Post
Exia was retrieved, they were saying at the end that they couldn't get 0 Gundam's drive to match 00, and they're not sure if even Exia's drive will work. So Setsuna is probably still with CB.

Graham is wearing the EF uniform, so he's not an independent baddie.

I wouldn't exclude Lockon coming out later in the series allied to one of the non-CB factions.
Lockon's bad twin
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:09   Link #328
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
those new mobile suits scream

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA

great episode, but i wanted grahams MS to survive
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:20   Link #329
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

All that build up to the GN Flag, and it's kfced within ten minutes....
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:23   Link #330
Akin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibel-sama View Post
Setsuna is an Average pilot.

Too depressed to explain, but I think Graham should have wtfpwn him or at least, go Trans-Am and stalemate Graham.

Bah, depressing. Stalemating an already exhausted Exia. Graham failed this episode. Maybe he shouldjust stick with non-GN powered machines. He seems to do better in those.
ya but if you look at the GN Flag the GN Tau is mounted behind the left arm almost as if the GN drive is doing nothing but powering the Beam Saber Graham stole from the Throne.

I agree Grahams abilities were so hyped up to this point it was kinda disapointing to see him stalemate with Setsuna who has been been built up as a lacking pilot who depends mostly on the power of the Gundam. However, it could just be that the GN Flag was an unstable design and thats why it couldn't match weakened Exia. Who knows maybe Setsuna is finally getting better.
Akin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:26   Link #331
gundamlover85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Lockon's bad twin
He so damn cute!!!
gundamlover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:28   Link #332
nero23

The Tau drive was jerry-rigged on to the Flag. It can give high speed propulsion, or power the saber, but not both. Graham used the drive to approach quickly, then had to physically switch it from the back to the left shoulder to power the saber.
nero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:31   Link #333
Akin

your right I just rewatched I didn't even notice the switch before

Thats all the more reason why Graham might have failed so hard this time. On another note, have we ever seen a flag in space before this? Maybe he just had all kinds of disadvantages working agaisnt him and still managed to stalemate Exia?
Akin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:32   Link #334
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
It seems like no one has caught this but if anyone's wondering, Saji mentions in time skip that it has already been 2 years since Louise's last reply. The fact that she was with Tieria (?) probably explains that.

One handed Gundam Meister? Or we pulling a Luke Skywalker here? I doubt she's gonna be a Meister anywho.

And has no one else seen the Golden GN Armor as a possible homage to Val Varo from Stardust Memory? Good to know I'm not the only one to see the GM homage though...a bit odd to see a GM as a last boss MS. xD
On that note I wouldn't be surprised if she is sacrificing herself in order to destroy CB from the inside after taking almost everything away from her and Saji. She could shown as a character that used her family's wealth in order to track down CB and someone join them. Being with them could be why she is so sad since she doesn't want to be there, hates them but feels she has to do it. If her role is anything like that then she could be pretty important in the coming season. Though the huge downside is that the very fact she is near Tieria means her chances of living through the next season are pretty much gone now. The saving grace I hope is that she still in love with Saji.

Interesting thing. If Saji is now working in space and seems to be a contractor of sorts then it's possible he could have gotten mobile suit training if only to help with construction if they have those type of suits or machines if he's doing that sort of work. From that point it's not to far fetched he could end up a pilot if they wanted to take him in that direction. 4 years have passed and a lot can be done in 4 years.

Can't wait for the sub to come out to talk more about the episode.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:32   Link #335
vikedvik

just watched the raw and must say how they ended it with the first OP was great...also it seems like there was a good amount of dialogue in the setsuna/graham fight with both sides stating their position it seemed.

judging from ali's appearence it wouldn't surprise me if he as well got a mask as it seemed like he had some armor on his shoulder.

imo tierria, al, setsuna and lasse are more than likely all alive since none of their units exploded...i would be shocked if any one of them was claimed dead as patrick and ali survived from their suits exploding completely

also libbons voice sounds like the narrator from the first few episodes...i member hearing the seiyuu for the narrator was the same one for amuro...i may be wrong

without getting the discussion of topic too much i jus wanted to say sunrise has created two series in past year that have had very similar themes/messages yet made them unique in their own way. if this two season format works out for both series i wonder how many other animes will adopt it
vikedvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:33   Link #336
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
The way Setsuna use the 7 blades to cut up is just way too cool to describe......4yrs later using Daybreak's Bell as the song background was the great selection......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:33   Link #337
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

woah , this episode kicked ass !
I started laughing like a mad person at the end of the episode when i saw Louise.
I dunno why i kinda always knew she'd join Tierra&friends.
Waiting for season 2 has now become harder ! >_<
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:39   Link #338
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Random obervations/thoughts on what happened during the episode and after the time jump:

Spoiler for Hrm...:
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:53   Link #339
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Holy hell that was an awesome "end".
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:53   Link #340
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

I wish my japanese was good enough to understand what Setsuna said to Marina... it really sounded atleast from how it was pronounced and spoken, that he was saying like.. so long and thanks for all the fish/advice

second thing.. i think Setsuna got a better pilot the moment he started to stop thinking about god and if or ifnot his suit is a god... and so on... cause it allways seemed like it was holding him back
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote