AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 06:50   Link #9861
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ And right up Niso's alley, don't you think?

Even if she couldn't 'hear' him, she could read his lips
Old 2012-07-05, 07:57   Link #9862
Naginoura
匂宮家

Seriously? BS is right up Nisio's alley? ...... OTL

Anyway, Medaka's father is Kurokami Kajiki, who's also Kujira and Maguro's father --obviously. The one Ajimu claimed that Medaka had killed is Tsurubami Fukurou --a person Medaka saw much like a father.

About the director... A person with only his back shown, running a hospital named Hakoniwa that researches abnormals; if only he had an ahoge, I'd say he was Hanten, but since he doesn't have an ahoge, I'm sure he is not even a Shiranui.

Fukurou is a professor of some kind, so there is no reason the director can't be him. I doubt it's Kajiki though. Not only is his hair not ~indigo like the Kurokami family, but he is also the head of the Kurokami business. I don't think he'd be directly involved as a researcher like that.

As for Zenkichi's confession and Medaka's reply; I don't think Nisio will do anything too absurd.

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:01   Link #9863
Soji

You know? I think something that can happen. I think will be a answer that is no a *No* but more on the line that she wants to wait to find herself.More like she say in this ch.Although witth Nisho you never know.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:20   Link #9864
Homura7

She will say "yes", but...........

Spoiler for spoiler:

Cmon, I've been waiting this for ages.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:24   Link #9865
kingstonbeer

But doesn't the election already cover that Kurusu?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:27   Link #9866
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
You know? I think something that can happen. I think will be a answer that is no a *No* but more on the line that she wants to wait to find herself.More like she say in this ch.Although witth Nisho you never know.
TBF isn't that exactly what the suitors want, basically as long as she seeks freedom they still have a chance.

I wonder what precisely there goal is.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:28   Link #9867
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
But doesn't the election already cover that Kurusu?
Nope. The election is the election, while this is a wedding feast where the winner will have to fight the bride. And knowing Medaka, she won't have any objection and the feast will go on with the setup.
Old 2012-07-05, 08:35   Link #9868
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF isn't that exactly what the suitors want, basically as long as she seeks freedom they still have a chance.

I wonder what precisely there goal is.
you're right. If this happen would be fine for them. But is not the same if she say no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Nope. The election is the election, while this is a wedding feast where the winner will have to fight the bride. And knowing Medaka, she won't have any objection and the feast will go on with the setup.
You think so?but zen can't win her,no matter how you look at it.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:42   Link #9869
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What's better than a confession and proposal combo?
A confession and proposal combo with a 21 billion dollar rocket exploding in the background.
(Add explosions: Make everything more awesome)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:43   Link #9870
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
You think so?but zen can't win her,no matter how you look at it.
Devil Style is his big asset.
Old 2012-07-05, 08:46   Link #9871
novalysis

I personally dearly hope for Medaka's acceptance, if only to see Nisio Isin sticking the finger to all those Rom Coms that dance around whether the couple will hook up, and then ending once they do with an absurd happy ever after. And hopefully, mocking, examining and critiquing those rare Rom-Coms that go one step further and explores what happens between the Confession and I do. Like Clannad Afterstory and Mysterious Girl Friend X. Those rare stories prove that you can have a plot and conflict even after going steady. Especially after Going Steady, and even after being fiancees, with all of the issues, problems and difficulties that are so little explored in anime.

Though not surprisingly given the Otaku Pandering in the Rom Com genre, the anime/manga medium has never been bold enough or have the balls to write a Rom-Com story that starts the day after the main couple marries. At least, I don't think so - if there's any serious plot out there bold enough, please direct me to it.

There are several genres and anime themes Nisio hasn't made fun of. Psychological Thrillers like Liar Game, Seinen plots of Stein's Gate and such, Otaku Pandering, Shoujo Wish fulfillment, Surrealistic shows like Tsuritaima, the list goes on.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:50   Link #9872
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
She will say "yes", but...........

Spoiler for spoiler:

Cmon, I've been waiting this for ages.
....Cruel as it is...that seems likely....but at the same time unlikely

The Jet Black Wedding Feast is deciding who Medaka will marry....so she's entered as the Tsurubami Family representative in order to beat the suitors and win her right to marry who she wants.

Zenkichi asked to marry her....so I don't imagine she'd have him take part in the feast because he isn't a predetermined suitor and therefore isn't actually doing anything that would impinge on her right to marry who she wants simply by asking.

But then again has Medaka actually fought and defeated her suitors?

Namanie, Sui, and Mogura were defeated, but by the other suitors...right?
It seems weird that the strongest, Mogura, was defeated, so maybe Devil Style is directly affecting the Jet Black Wedding Feast due to Zenkichi's involvement
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:40   Link #9873
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
....Cruel as it is...that seems likely....but at the same time unlikely

The Jet Black Wedding Feast is deciding who Medaka will marry....so she's entered as the Tsurubami Family representative in order to beat the suitors and win her right to marry who she wants.

Zenkichi asked to marry her....so I don't imagine she'd have him take part in the feast because he isn't a predetermined suitor and therefore isn't actually doing anything that would impinge on her right to marry who she wants simply by asking.

But then again has Medaka actually fought and defeated her suitors?

Namanie, Sui, and Mogura were defeated, but by the other suitors...right?
It seems weird that the strongest, Mogura, was defeated, so maybe Devil Style is directly affecting the Jet Black Wedding Feast due to Zenkichi's involvement
Medaka is the seeded fighter, meaning she's fighting who ever wins between the suitors, which is how the wedding feast was supposed to go in the first place, but they switched the order around as Medaka's team was suppose to fight them in order for them to even be considered, but now they're fighting among themselves to see who gets to fight Medaka.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:00   Link #9874
Teorenz

Anyone else find it weird that Zenkichi approved of the Jet Black Wedding and asked to Marry Medaka after it was over when in fact the Jet Black Wedding was to determine who will marry Medaka?
It's like saying "I don't care what the result of this competition will be, I'll still be the one marrying you!".
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:17   Link #9875
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teorenz View Post
Anyone else find it weird that Zenkichi approved of the Jet Black Wedding and asked to Marry Medaka after it was over when in fact the Jet Black Wedding was to determine who will marry Medaka?
It's like saying "I don't care what the result of this competition will be, I'll still be the one marrying you!".
It's more like, he knows she's going to win, so he's just planning for after it's all over.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:17   Link #9876
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teorenz View Post
No he's saying after this crap is done (remember his purpose and her purpose is to prevent her from getting married full stop, though Medaka also wants to know what happened to Kanome's father) he wants to marry her. He's working under the assumption that either him or Medaka succeed in ending it. Considering Zenkichi's the kinda guy to bet his life on these sorts of things. Should he fail it may as well be game over for him (assuming she actualy says yes).
Old 2012-07-05, 14:54   Link #9877
ccie20012

Zen say - after end of this battle.
Of course he does not think that strange event called "Jet Black Wedding" can decide who will be the husband of Medaka.
Men do not tend to follow all the stupid rules.
Even if someone thinks it's the law.
But because it is a very important issue for him, the Zen is absolutely right to say it now.
We remember that the Medak is "frivolous" in this matter. Remember she had once agreed to a "political marriage".
Medaka as a genius, who sometimes it behaves like a complete idiot - something like this.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 16:10   Link #9878
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
Zen say - after end of this battle.
Of course he does not think that strange event called "Jet Black Wedding" can decide who will be the husband of Medaka.
Men do not tend to follow all the stupid rules.
Even if someone thinks it's the law.
But because it is a very important issue for him, the Zen is absolutely right to say it now.
We remember that the Medak is "frivolous" in this matter. Remember she had once agreed to a "political marriage".
Medaka as a genius, who sometimes it behaves like a complete idiot - something like this.
Medaka has always been dumb, she gave up on a guy she seemingly still likes because he rejected her when he was two. That's a new whole level of moron. I pretty certain there's extremely socially inept people out there that would see the issue with that scenario.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:03   Link #9879
ccie20012

@Tenchi Hou Take

agree. Medaka brain operate "nonhuman" logic. Medaka is not a human. Now almost a human.

Think different (c)
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:50   Link #9880
chidorimen

Somebody might've already mentioned this, but it's pretty obvious that the director is the next bad guy.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council