AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 02:33   Link #5461
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

So what's going to happen after Athena is saved (if it does happen of course)? Will Athena go back to being a supporting character or join the main trio? I think it'll probably be the former.

Hayate obviously returns as a butler to Nagi, who then may or may not have her inheritance. How would the two of them have changed, though? Is Hayate more clear of where his feelings and allegiance lie, or is he more confused? Surely he knows now that his allegiance as a butler now lies with his new ojou-sama rather than the old ojou-sama. Where his feelings lie, however, is still up in the air. Did Hayate go back to save Athena because she is the girl he loves, or did he do that out of a sense of duty since he was the one who lost her stone, or perhaps even as a form of closure? Maybe he himself doesn't even know.

How about Nagi? Was there any significance in her conversation with Hayate about how words could easily be misunderstood? How will she survive without her inheritance? Regardless, it seems to me that Nagi has shown a higher level of maturity in this arc, although I really wonder how this will affect her relationship with Hayate. It will be interesting to see how she reacts if she does know about the added competition. We might see her become more determined like Ayumu, or decide to back off, giving us a Toradora situation.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 04:53   Link #5462
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
but he said he is taking a vacation, so he isnt going as Nagi's butler, but as Ayasaki Hayate
He's contradicting himself by saying "My name is Ayasaki Hayate, Sanzen'in Nagi's (presumeably, since the words weren't shown) butler (this was shown) when he was dressing up in his butler uniform.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:11   Link #5463
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'd say that Hayate wearing his butler uniform shows that he is moving on from his past, which is what I was expecting for this arc. From what I've seen, I get the feeling that Athena is his past not his future, but I'm sure they'll be friends when all is said and done.

There is also a more practical reason, his butler suit gives him an awesome power boost and makes him 3 times faster, like a Char custom mech. Besides, he's hasn't had his suit on in any of his appearances with her, except maybe a few shots in the Royal Garden but technically that was a different one.

I foresee Hayate finally kicking some ass in the upcoming chapter and I definitely can't wait till next week.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 18:39   Link #5464
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I don't think wearing the uniform meant that he just forget his declaration of feelings about 1 day ago, nor did it meant that he looks at Nagi as a woman. So, his feelings from the past to the present is pretty much still there.
Of course, he will remains as Nagi's butler who know for how long.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 22:07   Link #5465
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

While his feelings may still remain in question, his devotion towards Nagi certainly hasn't changed. Someone posted the script over theeeeerrreeee.... and he said that he must save Athena, and "conclude" things, because he's so grateful to her, so that he may return to Nagi's side properly (out of his gloom and doom, emo mode). The conclude part may be interpreted in many different ways, but I'll agree that it doesn't necessarily mean that he won't somehow end up with Athena.

After all, unexpected things are bound to still happen. So anyway, from what I heard there's no chapter the next week either? Damn, I'm starting to hate December.
Old 2009-12-17, 22:32   Link #5466
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

SO WHAT WOULD ATHENA DO WHEN HAYATE FINALLY SAVES HER? She could become part of his harem (that's what most "fans" would say). Or she could become still a mystery, go back to living in the Royal Garden and appearing ever so rarely in the campus.

She could force Mikado to sell a part of Nagi's mansion to her so she could always build a mansion next to Nagi's and have Hayate serve them both at the same time! Then it would be a fun day to watch that.
Old 2009-12-17, 22:40   Link #5467
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
SO WHAT WOULD ATHENA DO WHEN HAYATE FINALLY SAVES HER?
She'll probably return to Japan as part of Hayate's harem. However, she won't be one to buddy around with the rest of his harem like all of the others do. She'll be the one who shows up out of nowhere to hug Hayate (she's already close with him from the past, only way for her to properly compete is to become more open with her feelings). This will enrage the others, causing massive tug-o-Hayate-wars.

Basically, her strategy will be the polar opposite of Hina's.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 22:59   Link #5468
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Someone posted the script over theeeeerrreeee.... and he said that he must save Athena, and "conclude" things, because he's so grateful to her, so that he may return to Nagi's side properly
I think the "grateful" is more appropriate when referring to Nagi, especially with what she just did, which is the main source of his devotion in the first place. Of course, he cares for her also. However, it's not like he just suddenly change his feelings for Nagi because the stone broke, nor did he think of her anymore than a little sister which is probably the reason why he hugged her so naturally like in the previous chapters.
For Athena, I'm absolutely positively certain that there is emotional feelings between male and female!!!^^
Old 2009-12-17, 23:33   Link #5469
Rah

Yeah, there certainly are feelings between Hayate and Athena, but.. well.. I don't know..

Hayate will uphold his promise to forever protect Nagi, so if he somehow wishes to go out with Athena, he'll need Nagi's approval regardless of his own feelings, or perhaps something else might happen? He might fall in love with Nagi at one point as well. It's too early to say, but speculating is always fun...

Now we have to wait till January to see what happens to them. What a pain...

@leo

While the animated version of your sig looks awesome, you really shouldn't risk it. Especially not right after we got visited by a mod. Or is it too painful not to use it? You must be a real perfectionist in that case, huh? Hehe..

Last edited by Rah; 2009-12-17 at 23:46.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 00:01   Link #5470
Lisemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She'll probably return to Japan as part of Hayate's harem. However, she won't be one to buddy around with the rest of his harem like all of the others do. She'll be the one who shows up out of nowhere to hug Hayate (she's already close with him from the past, only way for her to properly compete is to become more open with her feelings). This will enrage the others, causing massive tug-o-Hayate-wars.

Basically, her strategy will be the polar opposite of Hina's.
Athena hugging Hayate in dere-dere mode in front of the rest of the harem?
I WANT TO SEE THAT.
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 00:31   Link #5471
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Athena hugging Hayate in dere-dere mode in front of the rest of the harem?
I WANT TO SEE THAT.
You mean like how Tabitha snatches Saito from the harem in ZnT? DAMN We think alike dude!

I think Athena would be blushing and wouldn't do that unless that Hayate does something that makes Athena truly in love with him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
@leo

While the animated version of your sig looks awesome, you really shouldn't risk it. Especially not right after we got visited by a mod. Or is it too painful not to use it? You must be a real perfectionist in that case, huh? Hehe..
Yeah, before that and I was always here with that girl running around in the sig which had a size 10x than the limit..
Old 2009-12-18, 00:40   Link #5472
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

If he saves Athena, I doubt Hayate would stay with her as things can't go back to the way they used to be when they were together long ago. Sadly, times are changing for everyone such they can only forward into the future.

Besides, Athena already has her own servant anyways.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 01:36   Link #5473
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Hayate will uphold his promise to forever protect Nagi, so if he somehow wishes to go out with Athena, he'll need Nagi's approval regardless of his own feelings, or perhaps something else might happen? He might fall in love with Nagi at one point as well. It's too early to say, but speculating is always fun...
He did promise to protect Nagi forever with his life, but he also has no problem loving someone and , I dare say, trying to express his feelings to that someone while working for Nagi as a butler.
Also, he could had gone out with Ayumu while working for Nagi as a butler if he wanted to, but he rejected Ayumu. So, I don't think he needs Nagi's permission to date anyone.
Old 2009-12-18, 02:09   Link #5474
Rah

Take Nagi's feelings into consideration, will ya? Especially now that she's more vulnerable than ever, and while Mikado is scheming something behind everyone's backs.

How about this twist? He manages to save Athena after a fierce battle, and when he comes back to see Nagi, she's nowhere to be found. A kidnapping perhaps? Maybe something else entirely. Perhaps we'd get a scene of someone motioning her to come over? Maybe someone she knows well and has no trouble trusting? But we'd only get a silhouette of the person. Great job Hayate. You take a night off, and see what happens? ^_^

Though let's say that it won't happen like that. But if he becomes serious with Athena, he'd spend more and more time with her, thus he'd end up neglecting Nagi. Something bad might happen like that comparable to what I said above.

Until she's completely independent and free from anyone after her happiness, or until something equivalent to that happens that would somewhat release Hayate from his duty of 24/7 protection, it's improbable that he'd go with Athena.

And let's not forget Nagi's feelings like I said in the first sentence. She still has to confess, or realize that he doesn't have those kind of feelings towards her, and never speak of them..

Unless Hayate develops feelings for her after some flag event. That would be nice...
Old 2009-12-18, 02:13   Link #5475
Voltorn
something is missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
He did promise to protect Nagi forever with his life, but he also has no problem loving someone and , I dare say, trying to express his feelings to that someone while working for Nagi as a butler.
Also, he could had gone out with Ayumu while working for Nagi as a butler if he wanted to, but he rejected Ayumu. So, I don't think he needs Nagi's permission to date anyone.
she sacrificed her inheritance for him. 0.0
I think Hayate will be more focused on Nagi than his feeling. :P

but who knows what will Hayate do if Athena ask him for a date 0.0

maybe image of crying Nagi will appear in his mind again 0.0
Voltorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 03:35   Link #5476
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltorn View Post
she sacrificed her inheritance for him. 0.0
I think Hayate will be more focused on Nagi than his feeling. :P

but who knows what will Hayate do if Athena ask him for a date 0.0

maybe image of crying Nagi will appear in his mind again 0.0
Hayate always put others' feelings before his, not just for Nagi. Whether he focus more on his feelings or her feelings is irrelevant.

We are talking about Hayate requires Nagi's permission to date someone which he doesn't need to; it doesn't matter who the girl is...
Old 2009-12-18, 03:59   Link #5477
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Hayate always put others' feelings before his, not just for Nagi. Whether he focus more on his feelings or her feelings is irrelevant.

We are talking about Hayate requires Nagi's permission to date someone which he doesn't need to; it doesn't matter who the girl is...
Well,
he does need his master permission to date anyone,
it had been that way since Victorian age in London,
so if Hayate is following that kind of way,
he does need to tell Nagi if he can date any other girl which of course Nagi decline.
Old 2009-12-18, 04:09   Link #5478
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Well,
he does need his master permission to date anyone,
it had been that way since Victorian age in London,
so if Hayate is following that kind of way,
he does need to tell Nagi if he can date any other girl which of course Nagi decline.
Also, he could had gone out with Ayumu while working for Nagi as a butler if he wanted to, but he rejected Ayumu.

He may work for the Sainzein due to his dept, but he is not their slave...Lets use the Declaration of Independent instead of this Victorian age in Londan which I don't think existed in Japan.
Old 2009-12-18, 04:42   Link #5479
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

But then again,
its Japan,
it use their own rules which i don't know what their rules are.
Old 2009-12-18, 08:15   Link #5480
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

We'll have to look at the other butlers with regard to this issue. As far as I know, there has been no example of butlers in the manga being in relationships with anyone who isn't their master, so it's a grey area.

In my opinion, it is somewhere in between. Hayate does not need Nagi's permission per se, but if Nagi commands him to break up with the other girl, then he is bound by that command. In any case, I can't imagine him disobeying Nagi on this, so it is as good as needing Nagi's permission.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen