AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 05:49   Link #2161
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why are you guys discussing so hard about the side character, Alibaba? I thought that Aladdin is the main character here and I always under the impression people care for main character's ship more than anything.
because Morgiana and aliaba are both far more interesting character then aladdin lol
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:46   Link #2162
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I guess when put like that then the arc did have a large number of problems with it. Good start with a rather disappointing conclusion then I suppose.

Aladdin really hasn't been challenged much at all really. I suppose he's become more sure of his viewpoints, but they've never really been especially challenged I suppose. But then, none of the Magi have really had much in the way of problems I guess. Judar lost, but he quickly got over it and his words indicate he feels better off because of that encounter.

The whole situation with the world did concern me a bit since it really seems like En isn't really that bad a guy at all and could likely be reasoned with. Of course, what happens after Al-Tharem's fall is up in the air I guess, but there is this sort of problem that they essentially caused everything in some way or another.

Sinbad at this point is the only other problem and I'm kind of hoping that if they play that card they don't simply go the route of purifying him. Other than him, there's Hakuryuu I guess, but I just don't get vibes he could be that big of a threat let alone ever be one greater than Al-Tharem unless he maybe becomes the new Medium or something.

It does sort of sound like that could be how the whole black to white rukh thing works, though there has to be some other way which would require a lot more work. Then again, I suppose the aftermath of most of the kingdoms after big events do have to rebuild, though it's generally given this really positive spin that it's going to work out.

And one thing I've noticed is that this manga has the most timeskips out of any that I've read. At times that can be all right like leading up to the Balbadd arc, but others it felt like we lost something.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:54   Link #2163
ellifeedn
Thinker

The timeskips have usually been only months at a time, and what are we missing from them anyway?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 11:07   Link #2164
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ How exactly did Alibaba and Toto hook up that fateful night...?
Old 2013-10-02, 17:19   Link #2165
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The timeskips have usually been only months at a time, and what are we missing from them anyway?
A lot of the time it didn't really bother me too much, though at times it made me feel like I was missing something. Like that whole thing with Hakuryuu confessing to Mor to me felt a bit sudden.

It isn't quite the same with the most recent of events, but we did skip over what Ali and Mor were doing with only hints from what we've seen. I'd have liked to see more of Ali's time in Reim like his fight with Mu, his training to master his Djinn Equip, and his relationship with Toto. I didn't need to see the end results of the latter two, but showing more progress up to a point would have been nice.

With Mor, we could have gotten more substantial introductions to the other members of the Seven Seas Alliance rather than the pretty much one page intros for them. There also could have been more on her decision that we left on as we could find out what it amounted to.

Granted, it's entirely possible that the other countries won't have much of a role at all, though I'd hope not. Thinking on it more though, there does seem to me to be a slight feeling that we're rushing a bit. The whole battle with the Medium felt like something leading up to a big finale and we'll have the backstory of Alma Torran coming up that will explain a lot of things.

I'd like it if there was still some time left to explore the world of Magi a bit more. Maybe have some more dungeons too since I have a feeling that Ali could possibly handle another one. I also am feeling that we might see the idea of Mor giving up her humanity for assimilation might end up happening.

Also, do we know how many Djinn there are exactly? 72 perhaps if all of those who took down the Medium in Alma Torran turned themselves into Djinn?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2013-10-04, 22:52   Link #2166
Nighty40

I do feel bad for Mor but hey at least shes appearing in story again
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 06:14   Link #2167
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

well, this is a twist but the shipping part of me drowned
Old 2013-10-05, 07:54   Link #2168
Blaat

I, for one, am disappointed.
Old 2013-10-05, 08:37   Link #2169
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I, for one, am disappointed.
^This. The whole chapter(200) is like one big step back.
Old 2013-10-05, 08:47   Link #2170
Kazu-kun

I'm actually glad about chapter 200
Spoiler for ch200:
Old 2013-10-05, 09:35   Link #2171
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for ch200:
Spoiler for ch200:
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 09:41   Link #2172
Kazu-kun

^ We'll jut have to agree to disagree.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:41   Link #2173
Homura7

I'm laughing my ass off, I can't believe this chapter toped ch. 122 in hilarity XD
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 09:43   Link #2174
konart

Quote:
Spoiler for ch200:
Spoiler for 200:
Old 2013-10-05, 09:49   Link #2175
Kazu-kun

So much butthurt.

Seriously speaking though, I think this is good for Morgiana. We know she likes Alibaba, but now it's obvious she herself didn't know it. Now, thanks to this, she's starting to realize her feelings. I least that the impression I got from chapter 200.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:57   Link #2176
konart

Quote:
So much butthurt.
Says the guy who was about to drop it a week ago, because fictional character hadn't chosen another fictional character the guy was pairing him with, aha.

Quote:
Seriously speaking though, I think this is good for Morgiana. We know she likes Alibaba, but now it's obvious she herself didn't know it. Now, thanks to this, she's starting to realize her feelings. I least that the impression I got from chapter 200.
The only positive thing here, no doubt.
Old 2013-10-05, 09:58   Link #2177
Raviel

Spoiler for ch 200:
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 09:59   Link #2178
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Says the guy who was about to drop it a week ago, because fictional character hadn't chosen another fictional character the guy was pairing him with, aha.
The difference is that I wasn't posting then, because I didn't want to flood the board with complaints. Me thinks you guys should probably try to do the same.
Old 2013-10-05, 10:03   Link #2179
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Spoiler for Chapter 200:

Looks like next week is a break as well.

Old 2013-10-05, 10:04   Link #2180
konart

Quote:
The difference is that I wasn't posting then, because I didn't want to flood the board with complaints. Me thinks you guys should probably try to do the same.
There is no difference at all. And the board was made for this, so I think we should utilise this functionality, otherwise - that's the point?

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen