** 3 4.41%
*** 12 17.65%
**** 26 38.24%
***** 22 32.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-27, 08:16   Link #41
Yellow Flash
Banned

Anko should use her CS someday. I wonder what she looks like at level 2.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 11:09   Link #42
Jacoby
Owl-Streching Time

Send a message via ICQ to Jacoby Send a message via AIM to Jacoby Send a message via MSN to Jacoby Send a message via Yahoo to Jacoby
This episode was definately far better than anything we've seen in a while.

It had me scared too, cause when it first starts, when Naruto meets up with Ino and Sakura, out it has that music going thats usually reserved for bad epsiodes.

On the other hand, right from the beggining the flashbacks were animated at a totally different level from a lot of the filler eps.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:25   Link #43
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Hmm, is this really Misumi and Yoroi?...
In this episode, the "old" guy that is supposedly Yoroi used a device he said he made himself to absorb Narutos chakra.
The Yoroi that fought in the Chuunin Exam was different, Orochimaru stated clearly that he had an "unusual ability", and it was obvious that he used his hands to do this. In this episode, he 'sucked' the chakra in through that strange device using his entire body.
I guess that it could still be the same guys, but it's also worth mentioning that they have far different voices (as it seems.. I guess we havent heard them talk too much yet)

Anyways, my vote goes that these are just replicas of the old Misumi+Yoroi and not the real deal.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 13:35   Link #44
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Well, this certainly came out of left field. Anko and Shizune goodness? Ino actually on a mission? More Shino badassness? Naruto getting exposed because he's a pretty terrible ninja outside of Kage Bunshin and Rasengan against defenseless or near defenseless targets?

Sign me up!
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 15:05   Link #45
LeafNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Hmm, is this really Misumi and Yoroi?...
In this episode, the "old" guy that is supposedly Yoroi used a device he said he made himself to absorb Narutos chakra.
The Yoroi that fought in the Chuunin Exam was different, Orochimaru stated clearly that he had an "unusual ability", and it was obvious that he used his hands to do this. In this episode, he 'sucked' the chakra in through that strange device using his entire body.
I guess that it could still be the same guys, but it's also worth mentioning that they have far different voices (as it seems.. I guess we havent heard them talk too much yet)

Anyways, my vote goes that these are just replicas of the old Misumi+Yoroi and not the real deal.
Yoroi was refering to the unique jutsu he made to suck out chakra, the thing on his face with a underwater breathing device.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 16:42   Link #46
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Finally a filler that focuses on the actual storyline and brings back the old naruto feeling that I almost thought was lost ... especially after the fiasco of an episode that was 168 . Best of all its an arc - that means there is hope for the next 5 episodes or so !
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 17:15   Link #47
sayde

A good episode indeed. Definately worth the download.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 18:28   Link #48
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
Yoroi was refering to the unique jutsu he made to suck out chakra, the thing on his face with a underwater breathing device.
Hmm, It seemed to me like the chakra was channeling through the mouth-device, and that he put the words like he refered to a weapon of some sort. But I guess you're probably right on this one, it wouldnt really make sense if he tried to drown Naruto without any air himself.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 21:41   Link #49
Shinobi12

I think these two are just new character who happen to have same Jutsu.

Yoroi got killed by Orochimaru Summoning Jutsu.

And the other guy got his neck broken by Kankuro.

Good Episode.
Shinobi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 02:00   Link #50
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi12
Yoroi got killed by Orochimaru Summoning Jutsu.
False.

Quote:
And the other guy got his neck broken by Kankuro.
False.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 05:35   Link #51
Grees
Ehhh

Good episode, Anko is a cool chick, and her past should make a good story.
I thought the animation was quite nice for once, much better then the previous eps.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 13:01   Link #52
ryogax

Wow amazing..

A filler arc that doesn't suck..

Grats on the anime team for finally putting up a good filler.

It was alsmost as good as the manga anime.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:43   Link #53
OldBoy

I wanted to turn my back on the Naruto series until they started the next arc, but after reading the positive feedback here, I had to give the last ep a chance. And it was worth it! Apparently they CAN come up with good ideas for fillers, let's just hope they keep it up for a bit.
OldBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:45   Link #54
Jaden

Ninja pirates!!!
This episode was nice but this arc should collapse soon enough, it's filler after all.
Are those baddies Kabuto's teammates from the Chuunin Exam?
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 16:03   Link #55
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

here's my view
pros
the team is all mixed up,things related to the main story(prolly asked the guy who writes the manga), decent bad guys, and anko.
cons
if tsunade sent all available genins why not send sakura?we hardly see her anymore and this will prolly go against the manga(if they didn't ask the guy who writes it).
and it would be intresting if anko used the seal.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 17:33   Link #56
Spaghettos

i agree with whoever said this arc is going to collapse after a few eps and get boring with shoddy animation. Yah, that's why filler's suck, they prolly bring in diff animators to give the regular ones a break...
Spaghettos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 19:07   Link #57
lavielove

Judging from the episode preview, the graphics is not that bad in the next episode as well.Drawn with some perspectives when the Nruto wakes up.I think it would still be a decent one.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 21:04   Link #58
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
if tsunade sent all available genins why not send sakura?
I thought it's assumed that Sakura is spending nearly all of her time training under Tsunade? Isn't that why she wasn't sent on *any* of the previous missions, even the 'important' ones?
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 21:23   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

After reading virtually everyone in the thread is rating the episode positively, I just couldn't hold myself anymore. Saw it and liked it. The story was purposeful and solid. The animation was nice! There were some nice shading and also, the wide screen affect in one instance which served to show Anko's dream. Plus, there was no Rasengan in the episode, even though the folks who are following the series so far has been irked about seeing at least one Rasengan every week. One startling thing about the episode was seeing Sakura-chan's being nice in an episode. I don't think I've ever seen her nice in Naruto's presence unless Sasuke-kun was in the vicinity. I missed Sakura-chan even if she wasn't herself! Looking forward to the next episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 09:51   Link #60
Blade21

Well, at least this episode was actually worth watching. It seems that it goes a little bit more back towards the main story with Orochimaru in it. I'm kind of curious what kind of creepy things he did in the past. And we are only being fed a liitle bit at a time.

Ow, that makes me thnik of something. Looks like the animestudio finally got into contact again with the storywriter. Otherwise they would have delivered us another poor filler. I wonder when Akatsuki will be back into play, can't be for too long. Those snakearm technics from the villains makes me wonder if that technic was origanally developt in that area.
Blade21 is offline   Reply With Quote