AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-22, 23:19   Link #101
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Dan is.....competent!?
He's silly, but he gets the job done. Shu actually stopped his plan in Episode 7 without requiring any retardation from the bad guys. Unlike Scarface, who just acts like Tim Curry from Stephen King's "It".

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-22, 23:23   Link #102
Marik

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Funnily enough, many will agree with me when I say Shu and Ayase makes a better couple than Inori and Shu.
I absolutely agree with you.
To be honest, Shu and Ayase is one good couple.
Another good couple is Shu and Hare
Not a bad couple is Shu and Tsugumi

I really don't think that Inori and Shu make a good couple... probably due to the fact that they don't show any romantic feelings to each other.

We will see later
Old 2012-01-22, 23:27   Link #103
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
I totally love the new OP. ED not so much.

Like others I wondered why there were too much ShuxInori scenes in the OP. Then I remembered that Japan loves Shu and Inori, and all of it makes sense.
They were always meant to be the canon pairing and Shu only has romantic chemistry with Inori so it is not that surprising.

That's pretty much the reason why there is no pairing fanart of Shu with other females.
Old 2012-01-23, 00:47   Link #104
justsomeguy

Episode 13:
* I have no idea what Segai's plan was this week. He just gives away an Endlave to a bunch of non-military punks, and sets the loose to cause chaos. He doesn't get anything in exchange.
* Ayase's mood swung a bit too much from hopeless to exuberant when Shu pulled out her Void. I didn't think that was believable.
* The new ED does not fit this show at all. The song sounds like something that would be in the harem, romantic drama, or coming-of-age genres, not this.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-01-23, 11:31   Link #105
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik View Post
I really don't think that Inori and Shu make a good couple... probably due to the fact that they don't show any romantic feelings to each other.

We will see later
That OP laid that point to rest. Those 2 were practically kissing.
Old 2012-01-23, 11:48   Link #106
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 13:
* I have no idea what Segai's plan was this week. He just gives away an Endlave to a bunch of non-military punks, and sets the loose to cause chaos. He doesn't get anything in exchange.
* Ayase's mood swung a bit too much from hopeless to exuberant when Shu pulled out her Void. I didn't think that was believable.
* The new ED does not fit this show at all. The song sounds like something that would be in the harem, romantic drama, or coming-of-age genres, not this.
1-Segai's plan was just that... since he couldn't attack Shu and the others thru official channels, he tried to use random bad-guys to do his dirty work. He never expected the guys to actually defeat the FP survivors and destroy the school, he probably only wanted to test/see Shu's new capabilities.

2-Well... when your dream comes true, your mood does swing that fast. I remember that I was feeling really down one time (almost getting a depression)... but then I got a letter saying that I was accepted into college. I went from "borderline depression" to "F*** this shit, I'm the happiest person on earth" in 0.02 seconds.

3- Yeah... I agree with you on the ending. Although I thought the OP was really good.

Quote:
That OP laid that point to rest. Those 2 were practically kissing.
Well, we already knew they were going to be the main couple since episode 01... no surprises there. Honestly, I was expecting even more "lovey dovey" scenes between them in the OP and ED.
Old 2012-01-23, 13:49   Link #107
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, that was a fun episode. Plenty of cliche stuff but it was still enjoyable and that's what's important. Ayase's Void was cool. I was expecting a big mecha or something, lol.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:46   Link #108
djmaca
My Girl ↓

When you think about it a bit, if Inori is a clone of Mana then Shu is practically kissing his own sister.
Old 2012-01-23, 23:54   Link #109
EroKing

"inb4 accidental incest" is something I said on the Guilty Crown thread (when it was a single thread) quite some time ago
Old 2012-01-24, 02:38   Link #110
djmaca
My Girl ↓

^Not even accidental now... Now that Shu knows.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:28   Link #111
jcdietz03

The void that unlocks things will be useful for removing those walls when Shu wants to escape them.

Ayase void doesn't seem that useful. She was able to destroy a humvee with a tarp - genius use of an improvised weapon. Having no more weapons, the best she could do against the mech was distract it. She needs a gun or maybe someone else's void (think freakin' laser beams) to go with it for some offense.

Unfortunately, anyone who is not a named character has a void that's useless. Remember the ep where Shu was searching for a certain void? Scissors, a cube, etc....
Old 2012-01-25, 16:30   Link #112
Xeones

Yeah... there was even a refrigerator, I mean "WUT?"...
Old 2012-01-25, 19:41   Link #113
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, new OP doesn't hold a candle to the old one.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:57   Link #114
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That was actually a solid episode, for once. Sure, there were cliches and sequence of events which I found jarring, but everything fitted well in the end. I liked the fact that this episode also focused on the supporting characters, especially Ayase and Tsugumi's scenes, which I enjoyed. And Segai continues to be fascinated with Shu. Daryl's appearance felt random and unnatural, as if the writers were trying to make us like him.

I like the new OP theme; it has a rather pretty OP sequence too. The ED was meh for me.

Overall, 7/10.
Old 2012-01-28, 11:44   Link #115
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Man, what a complete waste of an episode, and not just because of the stupid ass plot, but because of all the shit that happened last episode. I mean, did they not feel the need to explain any of that, or am I just an idiot who didn’t understand all of that stuff. The only attempt that this show makes to explain anything is Yahiro asking why he can hold his own Void now, to which Shu replies “My powers changed… I think”. Is that really the only thing they could come up with to explain any of that? You know what, I’m willing to bet that less than fifty percent of that shit that happened is explained by the end of the show; $20 dollars right now, who’s in?
Old 2012-01-28, 13:50   Link #116
tsunade666

I'm betting that they won't even give a background episode for the other characters and even the reason why Funeral parlor won't be revealed even until the end.

I got the feeling that the answer to the question of the past and explanation about the void can only be found in Lost Christmas game that will be released.
Old 2012-01-29, 20:16   Link #117
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I say $200.
Closed Thread