3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-11, 09:20   Link #41
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
God, just seeing the ENG SUB vid not being available in the US is like a kick in the balls everytime =___=
apparently not available anywhere were you actually speak English has native language , gaijin mentality is still alive and kicking no matter what medium they use
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 09:34   Link #42
Wandering Soul

I like how Kudelia was smart enough to figure out her father had something to do with the latest attack on her. I have to wonder if Mika telling her off is going to be a running theme for the first couple of episodes though.

Crank looks like he will be an interesting enemy, even if I fell he doesn't have much time left. He hates the idea of fighting child soldiers but if he has to he'll do it alone and won't let his men get involved in that. He could die but he'll die because of his own principles.

Meeting Biscuit's family ant their names was pretty funny. It also appears like. Mika actually csn joke around a bit or at least with Orga he can.
Old 2015-10-11, 09:54   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf

I got a grip at what Mars Gllarhorn is trying to accomplish.

They are trying to pull a Zabi on Kudelia. Kudelia is the voice of Martian unification and independence. She doesn't want war with Earth just allowing Martians not to be colonial citizens.

But here is the thing Earth aside from export demand of resources and negligence, Mars is pretty much autonomous by itself with the regions being the states analogues and their present situation economically and stability wise is pretty much the Martians fault.

Coral and Gllarhorn is attempting to take over by placing blame on Earth for Kudelia's death and Mars' ills.

Frak its the Vegans and Versians all over again if it isn't nipped at the bud.

Kudelia is a very moral person seeing the suffering of Mars' children but is a bit naive that she didn't think peole will come after her for political gain which cost 42 children's lives. She was a person outside at a apathetic society that let children die on the streets, allow child labor, child prostitution and child soldiers. Now she is in deep.

All the more reason for her to go to Earth and negotiate. She isn't merely asking independence but going to ask Earth to help Mars recover.

That's a pretty tall order. You are asking us to let you be independent but you are still dependent on us to keep your colony alive?

Those two bishi inspectors are potential allies of Kudelia but they probably wont be if we go by the OP with CGS fighting them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:14   Link #44
Yan3242

One of many rules in gundam anime: old man wont last long, doesnt matter they are goodies or badies

Looking from the OP... they eventually going to space, they have their own pilot suit, even their own ship with orga as their captain (no surprise there)

I like how sunrise treat our princess in this one, only 2 episode and she already realized her situation and can somewhat guess whats going to happen if she didnt take any action.

Maybe just me but, iam surprise that mika can smile and do normal banter with their team, from episode 1 i never see him smiling so i though he kinda like setsuna attitude wise.

Group 1 assholes still alive but not for long, just get rid of them quickly ugh their act is breaking my nerf.

Suspicious maid is suspicious
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:26   Link #45
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So far, the interaction between Orga and Mika is the most interesting part of the show. Right now, the unconditional trust between them is very strong so really wondering what will be the event that breaks their relationship, could be one of them dying or clash in ideology.
Old 2015-10-11, 10:39   Link #46
QSTraderDG86

The gundam's thrusters require fuel?!

Wow...machines in this gundamverse are weaksauce...

Makes me wonder how weak the mid-series upgrade (assuming one arrives) will be. Sheesh. The mechas here definitely leave something to be desired for those of us who like the gundams like God Gundam, Wing Zero, Epyon, S. Freedom, and I. Justice.

Also, whoever thought of the whole neural uplink system was some sort of idiot (heck, both in-universe, and from a logical perspective, at Sunrise). War machines that can only be piloted by children that are still growing? For real? What happens when they stop growing? Oops, you grew up, you can't pilot a gundam anymore, even though you have massive amounts of combat experience!

Kudelia (not calling her Aina anymore! Like hell is she worthy of that one!) so far just seems to be a cheap Relena knockoff, and maybe not even. At least Relena had pull with her brother (the most badass pilot in that universe), his waifu, Une, and others. Kudelia just seems to be along for the ride, her father's a wuss, at this point she's basically just walking around without much in the way of capabilities...so much for being the epic pink songstress that rocks mecha shows (whether Lacus or Salamandinay!).

WTB princess-type that's actually useful.

Honestly, this show seems to be shaping up to be very low-key as far as Gundam-type shows go. No epic princess, no Gundam inspiring terror just by its presence alone, no masked rival...

Here's to hoping this show picks up the Gundam charm eventually.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:40   Link #47
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Pretty standard episode I think, setting the stage. Action was pretty fluid, enjoyed seeing the Grades get curbstomped.

Cookie and Cracked though...that is hilarious!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:41   Link #48
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

this generic naive blonde peace-loving gundam princess...
Old 2015-10-11, 10:53   Link #49
Yan3242

Iam more afraid if she going to pull lacus as in at the end of the series all orga group will belong to her as her private mercenary band.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:56   Link #50
Galaxian

Eat your heart out Setsuna! Mika is more of a Gundam than you and your alien metallic skin will ever be!

Great episode. Mika is quickly becoming one of my favorites Main Pilots in the series, Barbatos is looking very badass in action, and Biscuit's sisters are extremely adorable.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 10:58   Link #51
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Pretty standard episode I think, setting the stage. Action was pretty fluid, enjoyed seeing the Grades get curbstomped.

Cookie and Cracked though...that is hilarious!
Wonder what their parent's names are? Dough and Oven?
Old 2015-10-11, 10:59   Link #52
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Iam more afraid if she going to pull lacus as in at the end of the series all orga group will belong to her as her private mercenary band.
In order to "pull a Lacus", she'd have to actually do something awesome in order to procure state-of-the-art materiel with which to outfit her group and turn them into gods among men.

I highly doubt she's going to pull a Lacus.

She's nowhere close to Lacus. Heck, from the very first episode she appeared in, everyone knew Lacus was on a separate level, and once the second half of Gundam SEED rolled around, she just became the most epic Gundam female ever (yes, I know, that means a lot of people call her a Sue, but I for one like that goddess aspect about her).

The comparison between Kudelia and Lacus is day and freaking night.
Old 2015-10-11, 11:00   Link #53
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Also, whoever thought of the whole neural uplink system was some sort of idiot (heck, both in-universe, and from a logical perspective, at Sunrise). War machines that can only be piloted by children that are still growing? For real? What happens when they stop growing? Oops, you grew up, you can't pilot a gundam anymore, even though you have massive amounts of combat experience!
If I'm not wrong the neural uplink system is a nanomachine device that can only be attached to children. They can still pilot it when they grow up.

Further more, not all gundams use that neural system. They just happened to use the cockpit system for this gundam. Did you not hear the mechanic say that how would a child pilot the gundam without any instruction or training. Which means grown up adults without the neural link will just have to learn to pilot the machine from scratch.

Also by the time they have massive amounts of combat experience, I assume they should know how to pilot the machine by then? Just pilot it normally like everyone else.
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 11:21   Link #54
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigi View Post
If I'm not wrong the neural uplink system is a nanomachine device that can only be attached to children. They can still pilot it when they grow up.

Further more, not all gundams use that neural system. They just happened to use the cockpit system for this gundam. Did you not hear the mechanic say that how would a child pilot the gundam without any instruction or training. Which means grown up adults without the neural link will just have to learn to pilot the machine from scratch.

Also by the time they have massive amounts of combat experience, I assume they should know how to pilot the machine by then? Just pilot it normally like everyone else.
Okay, my mistake...still, where the hell is the logic behind the neural uplink system that can only be attached to kids? Why would such a device ever be conceived, let alone put into production? Sounds far more practical to design one that'd work on adults!
Old 2015-10-11, 11:27   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm sure the fact that it only works on children is a downside of the system rather than an intentional design feature.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 11:36   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Okay, my mistake...still, where the hell is the logic behind the neural uplink system that can only be attached to kids? Why would such a device ever be conceived, let alone put into production? Sounds far more practical to design one that'd work on adults!
It only works on kids because it needs a developing brain. It takes over that development to grow a certain part of the brain for the interface to connect to.

And they put it into production because they wanted better pilots, even if it involved making kids suffer. If they could have put it into adults, they probably would have.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 11:48   Link #57
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think the old man will do the one man army just like this,

kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 12:01   Link #58
nero12

Judging by the Bandai Ads Barbatos gets a normal lance ver, cannon and shield ver, and samurai version with a katana.

I really want Orga and Mika to maintain their unconditional trust in each other. For once, i don't want to see the overused cliched trope of best buddies having a clash in ideologies trope used again. Tho I know the chances are slim....
Old 2015-10-11, 12:15   Link #59
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Presumably this is a Gunslinger Girl type situation where, for technobabble reasons, only kid bodies can handle the tech, but it offers enough of an advantage that people in authority are willing to say, "Screw morality, lets round up some orphans and force them to fight for us."
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 12:15   Link #60
Tenzen12

Quote:

Kudelia (not calling her Aina anymore! Like hell is she worthy of that one!) so far just seems to be a cheap Relena knockoff, and maybe not even. At least Relena had pull with her brother (the most badass pilot in that universe), his waifu, Une, and others. Kudelia just seems to be along for the ride, her father's a wuss, at this point she's basically just walking around without much in the way of capabilities...so much for being the epic pink songstress that rocks mecha shows (whether Lacus or Salamandinay!).

WTB princess-type that's actually useful.

Honestly, this show seems to be shaping up to be very low-key as far as Gundam-type shows go. No epic princess, no Gundam inspiring terror just by its presence alone, no masked rival...

Here's to hoping this show picks up the Gundam charm eventually.
There is one thing I agree with you, Kudelia doesn't deserve be called Aina. This one have even brain after all! And doesn't need Ronei&Juliet set-up to want help and actually do helping.

As for being low key, let's be honest. Best entries of Gundam franchise are these WITHOUT any Gundams. Gritty settings and fights that actually are dangerous make it far better than most other MSGs.