AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-01-12, 06:40   Link #21
jfs
Aegisub dev

See, even if there is 60 fps content, it will be possible to time in such a way the subs can clamp to any frame, in the case of 1/100 s precision. Since there is no 120 fps content, higher precision timing isn't needed. If you need frame exact timing, just time to frames where a change happens. IMO, this is not a problem of Aegisub, but a problem with the timers who don't understand how things work.
Yes, 1/1000 s support could probably be implemented, also in a rather easy way. Heck, the program is open source, you could make a 1/1000 s version yourself! Well, perhaps an option would be to create some kind of standard about it.
Say, files timed with 1/1000 s precision has a new field in the [Script Info] section, "Timing Precision: 1000". Of course this could even be extended. That way it'd also be possible to make a "hybrid" VSFilter version. (And imagine what'd happen if you set Timing Precision to eg. 30, then you'd pretty much be timing with frame precision rather than milisecond precision.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 09:15   Link #22
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs
For not having the selecting background change, I think Fluffy missed one of the options he pasted himself.
Whooops, sorry. I fail it, even more so considering that I was the one who WROTE that manual entry in the first place... @_@
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 11:25   Link #23
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

I'm not so sure about how EASY it would be to implement ms in Aegisub. Times are internally represented with cs precision, but I that most access is done via functions (int AssTime::GetMS() and void AssTime::SetMS(int)), with few (if any) direct access to the variables...
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 13:29   Link #24
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

With SSATool, I use a TimeSpan struct for each time, and a single function to convert from a timespan to a string to print back into the listbox. I also use a single function to parse a string into a TimeSpan, because TimeSpan doesn't like inputs that aren't in H:M:S format, and I wanted to support just S or M:S input... Though since I'm on C# 2.0 now, maybe I'll switch to a masked textbox as well...

Last edited by RaistlinMajere; 2006-01-16 at 01:37.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 10:38   Link #25
devilcoelhodog

I'm just seeing the Aegisub's video engine and wonder if you can put some features in it.

It's possible to create some option like forward (FF), Rewind (RW) or Alter the Playback Rate ( x2, 3x or similar measurements for slower or faster video speeds). Just like some Video Editors or DVD Players have?

If you could do the same using sound, it will be nice too, because there is some voices that are VERY quick and if we can slow down the speed, maybe we can time better listening it in slower motion.

Thanks.
devilcoelhodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 22:28   Link #26
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog
If you could do the same using sound, it will be nice too, because there is some voices that are VERY quick and if we can slow down the speed, maybe we can time better listening it in slower motion. Thanks.
If you're going to ask for that, then the pitch needs to be altered, too. Otherwise, it will just sound silly. I fail the see the utility of this proposed feature myself.
Soluzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 23:05   Link #27
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Version 1.09 beta is out.
Download at http://aegisub.net/

Changelog (click here for full):

= 1.09 beta - 2006.01.16 ===========================

- Implemented Timing Post-Processor dialog to automatically add lead-in/lead-out, scene timing and adjascence adjustment for sharp-timed subs (AMZ)
- Aegisub is now translateable, with proper localization files. (AMZ) Available now are:
o Brazilian Portuguese
o French (thanks to TechNiko and Kurasu)
o Russian (thanks to ]thrash_sensei[)
o German (thanks to equinox)
- Fixed saving of hotkeys (AMZ)
- Fixed behavior of Insert key in Translation Assistant (AMZ)
- Ctrl+Enter now previews in translation assistant (AMZ)
- Fixed "make times continuous" bug (AMZ)
- Checks if there's enough free space when using disk cache and asks if disk cache should be used when there isn't enough ram available (Myrsloik)
- Always enforces the set memory limit for avisynth even if no video is opened (Myrsloik)
- Fixed crashes when not enough memory could be allocated for ram cache (Myrsloik)
- Properties dialog will no longer flag file as modified if nothing changed (AMZ)
- The config.dat file is now fully documented again, for the first time since beta 1.00... let's see how long it lasts. (TheFluff)
- Selected line is now properly enabled on audio display when audio is loaded (AMZ)
- Cosmetic improvements to toolbar (AMZ)
- Improved command line and drag-and-drop opening of files (extended to allow video and audio at the same time as well) (AMZ)
- Fixed audio glitches when using disk cache and scrolling the audio display while playing (Myrsloik)
- Improved the ram cache allocation so it should work for really large files if enough ram is available (Myrsloik)
- Fixed exporting of SSA styles (AMZ)
- Automation: The precalculation step in karaskel.lua is now in a function by itself, precalc_syllable_data (jfs)
- Automation: New function added to utils.lua, string.headtail(s): treats s as a list of words separated by spaces, returns two strings, the first word (the head) and the rest of the string (the tail), like car/cdr (jfs)
- Fixed behavior of dialog that asks you to change script resolution based on video resolution (AMZ)
- Video and audio displays can now be hidden via the View menu (AMZ)
- Translation assistant now shows proper text color (AMZ)
- Translation assistant now shows total line count (AMZ)
- Hotkeys for translation and styling assistants are now customizeable (AMZ)
- Default character encoding for saving can now be set via the evil "save charset" in config.dat. (AMZ) A few examples:
o "save charset=UTF-8" - Default setting. RECOMMENDED.
o "save charset=UTF-16" - Saves as UTF-16 instead of UTF-8. This solves issues if you must deal with a program that can't support UTF-8, such as ancient textsub or wordpad.
o "save charset=local" - Kills unicode support in saving subtitles, and saves as local charset. THIS OPTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED! It will, however, make scripts compatible with Medusa and other non-unicode programs.
o "save charset=Shift_JIS" - Same as above, but saves as Shift_JIS (japanese script). NOT RECOMMENDED!
o "save charset=ISO-8859-1" - Same as above, but saves as ISO-8859-1 (western script). NOT RECOMMENDED!
Remember: You can always save to another charset via the File->Export option. This is much safer!
- Setting "Use nonstandard milisecond times" in config.dat makes Aegisub use miliseconds instead of centiseconds for ASS times. DO NOT use it unless you know EXACTLY why you should! NORMAL VSFILTER CAN'T HANDLE THIS. (AMZ)
- Resolution resampler now affects drawing commands as well (AMZ)
Old 2006-01-17, 07:01   Link #28
devilcoelhodog

I'm trying to time some videos and I'm afraid that Aegisub wav bar doesn't work at the same time with video bar.

eg: I select some point in wav (4 seconds) bar and I wish that selected point were reproduced AT THE SAME TIME on video bar.

I mean: working with audio and video in conjuction ( the audio action are reflect in video bar and vice-versa), in real time.

It's possible do that in Aegisub?
Old 2006-01-17, 12:39   Link #29
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

no
i think jfs said it well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs
Aegisub is not meant for video playback. The video feature is only intended for making sure subtitles actually aligh with the video frames. There is not and will not be any guarantee of video and audio match, and as such, no built-in "full preview" feature will me made.

If you want to preview your timings/typesetting, use a media player. Those are generally good for playing media files.

AKA Malakith
Bot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 13:25   Link #30
devilcoelhodog

Thanks for your help.

I'll see Media Player for those tasks or MPC instead.

Best regards.
Old 2006-01-20, 13:54   Link #31
Mich666

Some toolbar for inserting ASS override tags would be nice :-)

But it is amazing tool - I'm surprised how fast I can time subtitles using it..
Mich666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 14:00   Link #32
Jeroi

This is THE best subtitling program out there!

Hello I started using aegisub after I did use alot old ssa and tested Sabbu, medusa, chronosub, SWS, alot more and my first version was 1.07.

After I was using it like 15min I did think this: "At last there is replacer for good old ssa with all ssa features but added VIDEO too!!" All the other programs had maybe video, but it was poor way handled like SWS or sabbu and medusa but Aegisub did it what I was looking a half year all ready.

After 1.08 beta It improved it's timing alot, where I was suggesting alot of SSA style features to implement and It has made me so happy!
They added features like change audio selected color, bacground color, wave form color and start and end boundaries colors in config.dat so I was able to make aegisub timing to look and act like good old super-speed substation alpha.

The only features that audio lacks anymore is that audio should stay focused always for hotkeys if textbox aint active and start and end boundaries should activate automatic the audio box when I add them to audio form.

Now days it is sure that everything can do with aegisub and I can make whole episode now in 6h from scratch with very nice karaokes (I use KaraokeFX -program to make karaokes instead of aegisubs lua language).

This is trully the winner program! I recommend this to every fansubber out there! Atlast there is a program that can compete my timing record 450 lines/h with ssa.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jeroi; 2006-01-22 at 14:17.
Jeroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 03:59   Link #33
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere
My timers don't like it :/

Hell, they don't even want me doing VFR (on a hybrid show) - to which I say too bad But 1/1000s precision would allow them to time from the original raw...
I'm doing Ayakashi (which has a very VFR OP) in two versions, one vanilla XviD and one H.264 VFR MKV. At first I thought that I'd force the rest of the team to use Aegisub and timecodes files, but in the end it turned out to be simpler to just give them a CFR workraw and then invoke the timing postprocessor on the scripts to fix the 1- or 2-frame bleeds, give all the signs a once-over to make sure they're frame-accurate (which I'd do anyway), and do the VFR exports myself (it's 3 clicks or so). A little bit extra work for me as the encoder, but it makes interaction with the rest of the team much smoother... On the downside, there's noone to blame but myself when something goes wrong and the timing is off... ~_~
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2006-01-24 at 04:13.
Old 2006-01-24, 13:10   Link #34
el
Slave to the D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
I'm doing Ayakashi (which has a very VFR OP) in two versions, one vanilla XviD and one H.264 VFR MKV. At first I thought that I'd force the rest of the team to use Aegisub and timecodes files, but in the end it turned out to be simpler to just give them a CFR workraw and then invoke the timing postprocessor on the scripts to fix the 1- or 2-frame bleeds, give all the signs a once-over to make sure they're frame-accurate (which I'd do anyway), and do the VFR exports myself (it's 3 clicks or so). A little bit extra work for me as the encoder, but it makes interaction with the rest of the team much smoother... On the downside, there's noone to blame but myself when something goes wrong and the timing is off... ~_~
... so THAT'S the evil plan? @_@ You should know what I do by now lol...
el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 07:20   Link #35
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
On the downside, there's noone to blame but myself when something goes wrong and the timing is off... ~_~
There's always movax.
Old 2006-01-26, 17:11   Link #36
JediNight
キズランダム

Is there any way to make Aegisub not use up quite so much memory? Windows just barked at me for low memory which I did a *blink blink* and checked to see Aegisub was using 725mb of RAM with a Video/Audio loaded 0_o;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 18:39   Link #37
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Set "Audio Cache=2" in config.dat, helps a lot with large audio files... if you are using large (> 300 kB) subtitles files, also consider setting "Undo Levels=2" too.
Old 2006-08-07, 19:20   Link #38
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

1.10 out after a few million years!

It's available at the usual place... http://www.aegisub.net
Of course, for future reference, pre-release builds are periodically posted here: http://www.animeneko.net/~motokochan/aegisub/

Enjoy.
Old 2006-08-07, 19:25   Link #39
TheFluff

AMZ forgot the changelog, so I'm posting it. Warning: it's longer than some Zero1 Longposts(tm).

Code:
= 1.10 beta - 2006.08.07 ===========================

- Always defaults to Audio Cache=1 (ram) now (Myrsloik)
- Automation: Added xor(a,b) boolean logical function to utils.lua (jfs)
- Automation: Various changes to karaskel.lua and karaskel-adv.lua: (jfs)
   o Added some debug-calls (which are disabled by default; aegisub.output_debug is replaced with a do-nothing function (you can change this in karaskel.lua)
   o The regular aegisub.output_debug is aliased to aegisub.output_warning, in order to always be able to show real warnings, in case something goes wrong
   o Fixed bug, triggered when a line had a style not defined in the subs. A warning is now shown instead.
- Fixed bug in parser that would cause Aegisub to crash if you had a \fn without parameters and tried to pick font. (AMZ)
- Fixed crash when opening audio that appeared in 1.08 (Myrsloik)
- Karaoke mode changes: (jfs)
   o New syllable-splitter: Click "split" to enable splitting-mode, click in syllable view to set split-markers, then click commit to do the splitting
   o The correct \k tag (\k, \kf, \ko, \K) is now kept when splitting/joining
   o When editing karaoke-timing for a line and not splitting/joining, all tags are kept intact, so only the \k tag timings are changed
   o Right-click in karaoke area to change the tag (\k, \kf, \ko)
   o Click and drag to select multiple syllables
- Fixed bug where \t tags (among others?) would lose their parameters when being rebuilt (happens with Framerate Transport export filter, Automation and during the karaoke timing improvements listed above, among other places) (jfs)
- Implemented FexTracker, for automatically tracking positions on the video and placing text accordingly (Tentacle)
- Drag-and-drop files onto the program no longer causes the subs to be unloaded every time, even if no subs were dropped (jfs)
- 1,1+2 recombining lines where 1 is a substring of 2 no longer causes incorrect behavior. 1+2,2 similarly fixed. This fix also gives more sanity-checking in the recombining (jfs)
- Replaced the subtitles grid with a custom control, which should hopefully behave and look better. (AMZ) Changes are:
   o Currently active line is now highlighted with a border.
   o The grid can optionally no longer receive focus (this behavior is disabled by default, change "Grid Allow Focus" to 0 in config.dat to prevent it from getting focus).
   o Fixed bug related to tag cycling, which would reset grid, move video and force a refresh of everything (slow, and could undo uncommited changes).
   o Rows colliding with the currently active one will now be highlighted in grid.
   o Selected comments are now highlighted in a different color.
   o Fixed behavior of deleting and joining lines on grid.
   o Inserted lines will now be automatically selected.
   o Alt+Click on grid will activate the clicked line, without modifying selection.
   o Actor and effect columns are now only visible if they are being used.
   o Double clicking a row will jump video to it, regardless of auto go to option.
   o Unhandled keypresses in grid will now be sent to the audio display.
- Toolbar will now properly disable the Jump To buttons if more than one line is selected. (AMZ)
- Fixed the toolbar "grey area" glitch (was actually a wxWidgets issue). (AMZ)
- Default video zoom can now be set in config.dat and is defaulted to 100%. (AMZ)
- Fixed crash in Translation and Styling assistants, when you attempted to move past end of file, and then play. (AMZ)
- Fixed linked commit of times, so it will only commit both times if the other was changed (to prevent damage when editing multiple lines). (AMZ)
- Fixed some bugs related to inserting overrides via the buttons over the edit box. (AMZ)
- Implemented Redo (and there was much rejoicing). (AMZ)
- Fonts collector will now default collection to same folder as script (Set to "?script" on config.dat). (AMZ)
- Alt+Left/Right on the video seek bar will now seek by increments of 10 frames (increment is customizeable in config.dat). (AMZ)
- Added a simple audio resync method for video playback. (AMZ)
- Audio timing will now apply to all selected lines, as well as active line. (AMZ)
- Added a volume slider bar to audio mode. (AMZ)
- Fixed some internal workings, which should make Aegisub use considerably less RAM (especially for large Karaoke files, 8-10x less RAM usage was measured with a 9 MB file). (AMZ)
- Aegisub will now dump the stack to stack.txt when it crashes with a fatal exception, which might or might not work. (AMZ)
- Audio display in SSA mode will no longer ignore clicks if it wasn't focused (AMZ)
- The font override button in the subtitles edit box can now modify font size, italics, bold and underline as well as font face (no strikeout, as wx does not provide an interface to access that data). (AMZ)
- Now requires Avisynth 2.5.6a or later, added an option ("allow ancient avisynth") to override it to config.dat. (Myrsloik)
- Added reading of keyframe and timecode data from Matroska files (which are still not recommended, due to their dependency on DirectShowSource). (AMZ)
- Added forums and bugtracker to Help menu. (AMZ)
- Fixed Fonts Collector behavior with font shortcuts. (AMZ)
- Better error reporting when loading Automation scripts (jfs)
- Attempting to load a file which does not exist no longer unloads previous subtitles. (AMZ)
- Dragging timecode files into the Aegisub window will now work as expected (instead of attempting to load it as subtitles). (AMZ)
- Middle clicking the video seek bar and audio display will now focus them. (AMZ)
- Search and Replace dialogue made modeless. (Pomyk)
- Fixed bug related to moving elements up and down in File Export dialog. (Pomyk)
- Scrollbar and sliders in audio box can no longer receive focus. (Pomyk)
- Select lines dialog now has an option on how to deal with comment lines. (Pomyk)
- Last folder for all the file selection dialogs are now remembered in config.dat. (Pomyk)
- Audio current play position cursor will now always be visible. (AMZ)
- Removed video frame/subtitles time sync controls from the grid context menu. (AMZ)
- Timeline is now drawn below audio display. (AMZ)
- Dragging the timeline will now scroll audio display. (AMZ)
- Fixed bug which caused extra newlines to be added at the end of file. (AMZ)
- Added a horizontal scrollbar to shift times history. (AMZ)
- Removed the "Help" button from Find/Replace dialog. (AMZ)
- Added a bias slider to the "make times continuous" function in timing post-processor, which sets the point between the subs where the two lines will meet. (AMZ)
- Separated keyframe thresholds on the timing post-processor in start and end. (AMZ)
- Aegisub no longer enjoys littering your temporary files folder with 0 kB files. (AMZ)
- Not directly related, but PRS Avisynth filter added to Aegisub SVN tree. (AMZ)
- New languages available:
   o Spanish (thanks to NeSuKuN)
   o Italian (thanks to EmBoLo)
   o Korean (thanks to oblisk)
   o Danish (thanks to mulrich and jfs)
   o Hungarian (thanks to Yuri)
- Style editor now uses a dropdown for the encoding field, with encoding names taken straight from wingdi.h. (AMZ)
- Added 2.35 and custom aspect ratio support for video display. (AMZ)
- The manual has been extensively re-written and extended to include documentation about a lot of new (and some not so new) features. It's reasonably complete... for the moment. (TheFluff, Motoko-chan, jfs)
- Text edit boxes in the subtitle editing area will now revert to unmodified if you restore the original text. (AMZ)
- Re-arranged the controls in the subtitle editing area. (AMZ)
- Added a text box in subtitle editing area to edit the "Effect" field. (AMZ)
- Right-clicking on the header of the subtitles grid will now bring up a popup menu that allows you to disable columns. (AMZ)
- Saving back to SRT directly (that is, via "save", not "export" or "save as") is now allowed, as long as no data will be lost. (AMZ)
- Aegisub now supports file attachments, which are stored decoded (to save memory) and are not part of the undo stack (for the same reason). Previously, they were simply left ignored in the file as unknown lines. (AMZ)
- Implemented an Attached files list, where you can attach new fonts and graphics, extract them, or remove them from the script file. (AMZ)
- The Font Collector can now collect fonts as script attachments. (AMZ)
- Added recent menu to Video Timecodes. (AMZ)
- Playing in video mode will now play the audio as well even if it hasn't been previously loaded into audio mode (experimental). (AMZ)
- Added hotkey to Audio's "play to end of file" (defaulting to "T"). (AMZ)
- Fixed the default resolution for video display and resolution resampler when the script's field is blank. (AMZ)
- Stopping audio playback will now stop video playback as well. (AMZ)
- Implemented sorting of subtitles by start time. (AMZ)
- Recovered subtitle files are now saved in their own subfolder (customizeable in config.dat). (AMZ)
- Fixed crash with changing font properties via the subtitle edit box when there was a \fs override tag earlier in the line. (AMZ)

Last edited by TheFluff; 2006-08-07 at 19:36.
Old 2007-01-24, 01:09   Link #40
Jeroi

Nice 1.10 seems to have a lot features fixed, what were holding fast timing down. Espeacially I like that save more than 1 line with same start and end markers.
Jeroi is offline   Reply With Quote