AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 14:41   Link #3101
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Though that part was yet another dumbed down dub plot-change, which completely misses the real point of why Cell is so deadly:

Being a Saiyajin himself (thanks to being Goku and Vegeta's "brother"), he WILL experience an exponential boost in power if he is revived from "the brink of death."

Now, Saiyjajin or not, being reduced to a brain would kill most people; THIS Is where being related to Piccolo becomes a crucial factor in Cell's veritable Godhood; being also a Namekjin he WILL recover from the brink of death as long as there is enough of him around to do so.

If the Super-Saiyajin Level 2 Cell who fought Son Gohan had (somehow) survived fighting Majin Buu, for example, and regenerated, he WILL most likely jump straight to Super Saiyajin Level 3.

So whether or not he "tasted the spring of upper level power" or not, Cell will ALWAYS be dangerous, as he WILL become stronger again in the (highly unlikely) scenario he finds someone stronger than he and Son Gohan is.
You make a great point, but the issue in question is how does that relate to Cell being destroyed at his pre-perfect state? Sure he will get a boost like a saiyan, but a boost from his form after vomiting out #18 is far below ascended saiyan, so the issue of him regenerating back to his perfect state can't just be related to the Saiyan "brink of death formula", nor just to Piccolo's cells...And since he did indeed go back to perfect form, the most logical reasoning is that, yes, his cells did taste the perfect power which allowed them to regenerate back as such (whether by chemical reaction or some sort of placebo effect, and in this sense, he exponentially boosted from his sayain cells, but only after the fact)...

Edit: I didn't read past your first response to me before I wrote this, but my comments stand...
Old 2011-03-06, 18:58   Link #3102
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Few random thoughts on ep. 95:

- I always wondered why Goku didn't just teleport away with King Kaio and co. after he took Cell to their planet. He just stood around chatting while continuing to touch Cell's belly. :\

- This is now at least the second time Gohan has personally saved Vegeta's ungrateful kiester (see Planet Namek and Recoome).

- Dunno if it was new music or not, but I dug the cello pieces throughout the episode. Touching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Kind of late here but here are just some ratings from February:
Again, you come through with the stats. =)

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:52   Link #3103
Peanutbutter

Now that's one of the most corny previews I've ever seen.

And from the likes of it, seems like everything's really ending.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 11:19   Link #3104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Spoiler for Music:
& it fit rather well!
Old 2011-03-07, 17:25   Link #3105
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Few random thoughts on ep. 95:

- I always wondered why Goku didn't just teleport away with King Kaio and co. after he took Cell to their planet. He just stood around chatting while continuing to touch Cell's belly. :\

- This is now at least the second time Gohan has personally saved Vegeta's ungrateful kiester (see Planet Namek and Recoome).

- Dunno if it was new music or not, but I dug the cello pieces throughout the episode. Touching.

Again, you come through with the stats. =)
Vegeta's not AS ungrateful about it this time as he was in Namek. Wait until his first line next episode.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 22:01   Link #3106
Vicious108

Gohan owes him anyway. In Namek alone Vegeta saved Gohan from Dodoria, Guldo and Freeza.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 22:05   Link #3107
justavisitor

Noooo...I was counting on them to explain clearly this time who is stronger in the buu's arc, Goku or Gohan (I kid XD)

I wonder will they have a new ending for the cell arc??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 22:57   Link #3108
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I wonder will they have a new ending for the cell arc??
Why would they need one?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 00:15   Link #3109
ChainLegacy
廉頗

More I think of it the more I can accept this being the end. It really was probably the perfect point to end the series. The Buu saga is obviously still Dragonball, even though it is my least favorite I still love it, but at the same time I really do feel it makes more sense for Dragonball to end at Cell.

Anyways that was one of my favorite Vegeta scenes in the series, too bad he got owned so easily. Next episode should be great with everyone attacking at once, another reason it feels like a proper grand finale.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 00:55   Link #3110
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^You can't be serious!? DBZ can't end without the closure of Vegeta's pride! That's why the Buu Saga rocks! Vegeta ends the rivalry and with that ties a red-ribbon on the series^^...

Seriously though, Vegeta explaining to the ki's why he turned to the darkside to fight Goku is the most penultimate moment for me, I wanted to see how they were gonna reshape that scene where he kills all those people in the stadium...If the series ends now, everyone gets closure BUT VEGETA! Not on my watch! Funi, make it happen!
Old 2011-03-08, 18:24   Link #3111
ChainLegacy
廉頗

True there was more completion of Vegeta's story in the Buu saga, but I think he gets a nice ending point here as well, trying to avenge his son like that. It's really the first time we see him showing love or care for anyone else, and it's good since it's his son in this case. More specifically his son who had to grow up without him being there; it's actually quite touching for something that happens in Dragonball.

See, I don't really think Vegeta's rivalry was the focal point of his character. I thought it was his evolution from a villain to good-intentioned anti-hero, which is pretty much achieved during this past episode.

I do think the Gohan/Goku passing the torch on, with Cell being the 'ultimate villain' created from every formidable fighter, Gohan achieving the hidden power they allude to from the beginning of Z, and then everyone pitching in to help defeat Cell makes this saga the most logical ending point. Again I still love the Buu saga, I'm just saying I think this makes more sense as an ending.
Old 2011-03-08, 19:41   Link #3112
GDB

One thing that got me is that I remembered Trunks dying instantly when the Death Beam hit him. However, Kai shows that he clearly suffered with a hole in his chest for like five minutes while Cell was explaining things before finally croaking.
Old 2011-03-08, 22:38   Link #3113
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
I thought it was his evolution from a villain to good-intentioned anti-hero
That doesn't happen until he fights Goku again, then sacrifices himself to kill Fat Buu, right after telling his son he loves him and is proud of him, which is more powerful than his OMG rage against Cell that amounted to nothing (atleast not better thematically than his scene vs. Fat Buu where he literally turns into as statue of ash)...
Old 2011-03-08, 23:17   Link #3114
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That doesn't happen until he fights Goku again, then sacrifices himself to kill Fat Buu, right after telling his son he loves him and is proud of him, which is more powerful than his OMG rage against Cell that amounted to nothing (atleast not better thematically than his scene vs. Fat Buu where he literally turns into as statue of ash)...
I agree that's a better example of heroism. I merely meant to say he at least gets a nod even if it ends at Cell, and in the context of the whole series it is significant when compared to his attitude during the Saiyan saga or even not too long ago during the android fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
One thing that got me is that I remembered Trunks dying instantly when the Death Beam hit him. However, Kai shows that he clearly suffered with a hole in his chest for like five minutes while Cell was explaining things before finally croaking.
At least he gets his revenge, albeit with a parallel version, against Cell when he returns to his own time. Really hope they can squeeze that storyline in before Kai ends.
Old 2011-03-10, 06:54   Link #3115
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
At least he gets his revenge, albeit with a parallel version, against Cell when he returns to his own time. Really hope they can squeeze that storyline in before Kai ends.
Don't see why they wouldn't. It's the true end to the Cell Saga, and there's no good reason to leave it out. The History of Trunks movie, on the other hand, is unfortunately expendable.
Old 2011-03-10, 10:57   Link #3116
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
your very correct on that one dude, nice observation but too bad anime does not have much realism or logic in it
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 11:45   Link #3117
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Don't know if you guys have heard about this, but Toei Animation Admits Plagiarisms in BGMs of Dragon Ball Kai.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:50   Link #3118
Ahiru77
あひる

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A senzu bean would've fixed that.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 13:30   Link #3119
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't know if you guys have heard about this, but Toei Animation Admits Plagiarisms in BGMs of Dragon Ball Kai.
Oh my. It seems that the situation only continues to exacerbate for Dragon Ball Kai. Not good.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:16   Link #3120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really don't know what to say about that subject matter.