AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 22:26   Link #1961
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I may not beat a mode with the right qualifications, but at least I can rack up the points.

I'd say the worst thing about having to time out U-D is you don't get to hear the awesome remix of the opening theme. Even then, Silent Bible's remix is pretty awesome too.
Old 2012-01-15, 01:32   Link #1962
rxrx

Well, I manage to kill off U-D with Touma. Just chip off her health with cheap combos at the first part and when she goes BD, let her hit me with her FBD, which eats off half the health bar. After that, Divide Zero Eclipse her and then its's done. Her super armor will be gone after doing the FBD and thus you can let her intentionally provided that you have enough health and kill her off with your FBD.

To note, only Full-powered Amita, Touma and Unison Hayate can kill off U-D at one FBD. Diarche's FBD will give U-D about 0.01% health left. Maybe it is her love?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:35   Link #1963
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'd say the worst thing about having to time out U-D is you don't get to hear the awesome remix of the opening theme. Even then, Silent Bible's remix is pretty awesome too.
The Silent Bible remix is a surprise for me. I was not expecting that song be in this game.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 01:44   Link #1964
rxrx

Actually, the bgm for the characters and the remix for the OPs are all quite good. Personal favourite is Brave Phoenix Remix and Touma's theme.
Old 2012-01-15, 02:20   Link #1965
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
The Silent Bible remix is a surprise for me. I was not expecting that song be in this game.
Personally I didn't recognise it until I saw it on the BGM list. It didn't get an instrumental in its featured game so I'm not really surprised. Gives me more SRW vibes too, beating down a boss to an arrangement of a vocal song.

So I got all of Nanoha's costumes but that's no real feat seeing as how she's extremely easy to win with. Already had the Namco costumes unlocked, though, since I have BoA save data. I must say the black version of her swimsuit is very nice.
Old 2012-01-15, 02:32   Link #1966
rxrx

The guys up there making the swimsuit for Rein sure have strange taste...
Old 2012-01-15, 05:30   Link #1967
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yuri vs everyone
I've been hearing Yuri's lines when she uses her FDB...and the "Levi version" of it caught my attention.

Aaron's take on it is as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Yuri: Now... Here I come, Levi! Be taken away by the fire of darkness! Blood Flame Sword!! Ichigeki Hissatsu~desu!
Because of the BGM/SE, I can't manage to figure it all, but to me she seems to say "--mono wo tsurugi ni kaeru" (change "something" into a sword) before "Blood Flame Sword!!"

...can someone confirm this?
Old 2012-01-15, 08:44   Link #1968
Meltyred

Quote:
So in the end the only other character I could actually K.O super charged U-D with is Kyrie-powered Amitie. Was pretty close, though. U-D hit me with her finisher but by some miracle I survived with no health (the bar looked completely empty) and was able to hit her with Amitie's super finisher for a one hit K.O.

I got story mode done 100%, though why the hell was the Linith vs. Arf fight the only one that needed to be unlocked? That makes no sense when none of the other battles needed that.

Now it's just a matter of unlocking all the other extras. Though I hear you need to clear arcade without losing, complete time attack under a certain time, and last in survival mode for a certain amount of battles. Considering how much the CPUs cheat, that might prove to be extremely difficult.
Time attack isn't too hard, be sure to use full drives cause they don't take up time and do lots of damage.
And if you get Precia as enemy, hurray food for you.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:35   Link #1969
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol on every stage, I went zenryoku zenkai and did full drive the moment the round starts XD

Perfect K.O. on Dearche using Amitie XD.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:59   Link #1970
rxrx

The real enemy in survivor mode is yourself. I lost concentration after my 80 kill. How far did you guys go?
Old 2012-01-16, 23:14   Link #1971
FateAnomaly

Final sequence is too hard for me. Only managed to win fair and square once. The rest i just go for Time out.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:20   Link #1972
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Use Kyrie for round 1 and then Amitie for round 2. She'll get -50% damage, deal 150% damage, and her full drive will one hit U-D when she regens.
Old 2012-01-16, 23:24   Link #1973
rxrx

Or use Einhart, then either Touma or Hayate in round 2.

For Einhart, just wait for Yuri to do her bullet spam and use the Triangle Counter. For round 2, keep close in Cross-range and dodge U-D's attack with ex-accel. When she go burst, let her hit you with her FBD, rush in, activate BD, launch the FBD. With Hayate and Touma, you can one hit kill U-D.
Old 2012-01-16, 23:26   Link #1974
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I've been wondering about dashing. Does it or does it not make you immune to attack? Whenever the computer dashes to me in close range, my attacks don't work on them yet when I dash at them they have no problem hitting me.
Old 2012-01-16, 23:29   Link #1975
rxrx

I don't think you are immune to attack. It is more like when you dash foward normally in cross-range, you might dodge the attack the opponent launches at you. I've got experience dashing foward yet cannot be hit as well. The safer way is of course ex-accel and then hit your opponent's back, though some chars like Vivio has a short range square which is irritating.

Speaking of which, Stern performs well in cross range. Much better than Nanoha but her long range is not as good. I'm still trying to improve on using Touma though. Who do you use mostly Raiser?
Old 2012-01-16, 23:37   Link #1976
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

That's another thing, sometimes I won't dash behind them even if I'm as close as possible. And grabbing never works then either, yet the CPU grab can get me even if I'm not that close. And they always put up a counter micro seconds before my attack hits. And they always avoid my full drive and then hit me with their own. In long range they'll either dodge or sheild which is particularly irritating if my character doesn't have a bind.

In short, computers are cheating bastards.

I don't use anyone mostly. In fightings games I'll use anyone and everyone.
Old 2012-01-17, 00:37   Link #1977
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
The real enemy in survivor mode is yourself. I lost concentration after my 80 kill. How far did you guys go?
100+ with Nanoha, then I got bored.
Was getting perfects almost every round....
The CPU is so horrible against Nanoha.
Old 2012-01-17, 00:58   Link #1978
rxrx

CPU is horrible against Zaffy the most. Just press circle.

Computers are cheating with reflex mainly. I experienced a Dragonball style behind you thing with Stern a few times. Also they counter your attacks like crazy as well. I wish they can allow us to select the difficulty here...
Old 2012-01-17, 01:24   Link #1979
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
And they always avoid my full drive and then hit me with their own.
Well... I hit CPU with my full drive by hitting the square button THEN full drive to connect.
You can string it with their normal combos although I recommend that you just hit them with one square(Close-range) THEN full drive but just make sure you got the timing right though or you'll miss when you try to hit them with your full drive.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 02:29   Link #1980
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
CPU is horrible against Zaffy the most. Just press circle.

Computers are cheating with reflex mainly. I experienced a Dragonball style behind you thing with Stern a few times. Also they counter your attacks like crazy as well. I wish they can allow us to select the difficulty here...
Weird...
I counter their attacks way more than they counter mine.
And chain a square into full drive drastically reduces the damage of the full drive, it's better to use full drive as a combo breaker and chain it into the full drive attack once they are hit into the air.