AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-29, 20:07   Link #61
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Junpei, the little brother.
I thought, he was wearing male clothes, though clothes from a much older age, still it doesn't count as gender bender.

Quote:
2. They could have given me 22 minutes of the guys shouting "Police! Police!" and it would have been one of the best series of the spring
Yeah, that part was pretty funny. The word they were using was making a really stupid but comic sound (something like goyoda goyoda).

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-05-29 at 20:18.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 21:04   Link #62
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Junpei, the little brother.
Are you saying Junpei is a girl? He looks like a boy to me.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 21:21   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL! Well, that really is a gender bender - as I, like seemingly lots of others, was fooled in the opposite direction.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 21:42   Link #64
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
LOL! Well, that really is a gender bender - as I, like seemingly lots of others, was fooled in the opposite direction.

Still, I don't get how the above appearance fooled many people, leading them to the opposite direction...

I mean, the voice might mislead, but that is understandable for a child. But, otherwise, he doesn't look like a girl...Even his expression is a male expression...

After checking the original website, I saw another interesting character...Don't know who he is, maybe a crazy Merlin, but he has a matching look to the other interesting characters...And, I wonder how old he is, with these eyebrows, that are, cumulatively, longer than the mustache, maybe 200?

Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 10:12   Link #65
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 9:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 09:48   Link #66
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep10:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2007-07-18 at 14:08.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 11:59   Link #67
Karnot
Banned

Eeeh, so this is what people call "humorous and funny" nowadays...
I'm honestly dissappointed in this series. Okay, it has great animation, but thats about it, really. No gags to speak of, and if there were any - they are not working, no story, the historical background is thought out but not too interesting, action seems to be limited to first episode.

To sum it up : it fails. Why else would NO ONE sub it ?
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 14:01   Link #68
Aniki Meiski

Karnot It's not made for overseas market. That's why.
Aniki Meiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 15:26   Link #69
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The overseas market is right here. Hellooooooo!

Seriously, anime isn't made of the overseas market by definition, at least by the definition of one important website. Even if you consider this definition as too strict, de facto anime is seldom made for an overseas market ... except maybe Highlander or Afro Samurai ... I better don't go into those ...

I must admit, I've only seen the first, subbed episode so far but that made me want to see more. That's already more than I could say about a lot of other anime of 2007. Including several that have already been licensed. It all depends on your tastes ...
Old 2007-07-05, 04:38   Link #70
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

oh edo rocket

Does this topic already exist?

Anyway hurray for nyoron for bringing me this serie.

Shinsen got me warm some time ago telling me this show is about fireworks, a crazy drawing style, fun characters, a nice detailed setting, huge pokemon, and a eureka seven meets nia kinda thing.

Can't wait for ep 3
Old 2007-07-05, 05:14   Link #71
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
idk...i dont luck much outside of Lucky Star...so whats this series about anyway?

*edit* thanks whoever combined the thread...though from what i read in the first page it doesnt sound like a series at all...more like a movie i want to see

Last edited by vaizard_ruler; 2007-07-05 at 06:19.
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 17:29   Link #72
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

i so hope some sig artists will be lurking in this topic and find this a really creative and original show which inspire them to make nice sigs.
Old 2007-07-05, 23:36   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Now, admittedly I've only seen the two subbed eps, but... In a medium that thrives on formula, it's nice to see something truly different. OER is a real pastiche of odd genre elements, wildly ranging musical styles and a truly eye-catching visual style. Plus, it's damn funny. Love the OP and ED, too. In short, I think this show is pretty bloody great so far - too bad it's barely rippled the pond in the fansub community. Kudos to Nyoron for taking up the challenge.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 15:07   Link #74
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
too bad it's barely rippled the pond in the fansub community.
Can you try and guess the reason for that ?
I'll give you three tries.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 17:48   Link #75
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Well, it's still only two episodes but I still like what I see. I can only subscribe what Guardian Enzo says and I'm looking forward to more OER by nyoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Can you try and guess the reason for that ? I'll give you three tries.
One try will probably suffice, at least to guess your personal theory about that since you've stated it already on this very page. Feel free to further elucidate your stance with substance, no matter how subjective but your two liner sarcasm comes across very aggressive and borderline trollish.

I hardly believe that this anime 'fails' by the silent consensus of all fansubbers it just fails to fit nicely into a box of genre X, Y, or Z. If it would then some fansubbers famous for the X, Y, or Z genre would sub it even if the other 95% of the anime community loathed it.

According to the overwhelming majority of the people on this planet (including the Japanese) all anime is crap BTW. So applying the majority principle all fansubbers waste their lives no matter what they sub. I'm glad they do it anyway.
Old 2007-07-09, 04:28   Link #76
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

2nd that.

what's with the guessing game. if you have sth to say, say it.
Old 2007-07-11, 18:34   Link #77
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

eh, Shunpei being something else than a boy sounds odd, particularly since
Spoiler for episodes up to 14:

Though given the general level of wackiness (the trains...), it's hard to say (-: Just caught up to ep14, and this still remains among my favorites in a season filled with a large number of rockin' series. Unfortunately, also one of the most difficult ones language-wise..

Despite the wackiness, it's nice that there's neverthless some character development, such as
Spoiler for more of the same:

The factoid in Wikipedia about the series being based on a play by the Gekidan Shinkansen troupe is interesting (and the name is a nice pun). Does anyone have more information on this, such as when did this play appear on stage and what was it like compared to the series? I couldn't find a mention of a play with a similar name with a quick look through their history archive.
vuori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 21:21   Link #78
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
1. I had no idea what was going on most of the time
3. I had no idea what was going on most of the time
6. I had no idea what was going on most of the time
Quoted for truth, even after watching two episodes with subs. Still it's a lot of fun to watch. The story has so many parallel subplots that it's nearly impossible to figure out how they'll all come together over time. I usually don't like shows with such over-the-top character models, but somehow I don't care here. In episode two there were both lovely images like the fireworks display over the river, and hilarious images like the "abacus dance." I think this is one of the more impressive Madhouse works I've seen recently.

Thanks to Nyoro~n for giving me a chance to watch this subbed. Now if I could only figure out what the heck is going on. I hope the discussion picks up in this thread again now that the subs are out, but this is looking like a minority taste.

And, Sora is just so cute with those starry eyes. Was that really "strontium carbonate" she was using? I hope she doesn't develop radiation poisoning!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:50   Link #79
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I guess we can talk about the first two eps without the spoilers?

About all the sub plots. Are there really that many? Maybe i'm missing a lot.
So far i see
Giant pokemon fighting eachother while also being tracked down.
A society in which luxury is forbidden and thus hanabi's. (yeah i know i could have written fireworks but this sounds better :P )
A child who is making fireworks
A eureka/nia girl who wants to make special hanabi.
and maybe a subplot about the past of the lock smith.

I like the show a lot. too bad shinsen started with ep 1 and "stopped" and nyoro~n doesn't like this show as much as tengen, or at least doesn't produces them with the same shedule.
Old 2007-07-13, 06:59   Link #80
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Was that really "strontium carbonate" she was using? I hope she doesn't develop radiation poisoning!
To quote the wikipedia page about strontium I just edited to support my point (NOT!)
Quote:
The alkali earth metal strontium has four stable, naturally occurring isotopes: 84Sr (0.56%), 86Sr (9.86%), 87Sr (7.0%) and 88Sr (82.58%).
What you meant is
Quote:
Sixteen unstable isotopes are known to exist. Of greatest importance is 90Sr with a half-life of 28.78 years. It is a by-product of nuclear fission which is found in nuclear fallout and presents a health problem since it substitutes for calcium in bone, preventing expulsion from the body.
And most importantly
Quote:
Strontium carbonate, Strontium nitrate, and Strontium sulfate are commonly used in fireworks for red color.
The girl knows what she's doing.

The comparisons with Eureka are only based on her apperance, right? I haven't seen E7 but as much as I gathered Eureka is more like yet another Rei clone. Then again, this is said about every blue-haired female anime character.

Tags
historical, madhouse