AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 21:11   Link #1
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

2ch's Top 300 Anime OPs

I saw this a while back but I didn't post it, so here it is.

If you've seen every single one of these series, that's awesome.

At least, you'd better recognize Heats when you see it.
Old 2008-10-15, 02:01   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Too bad Northern Lights (175) did not make it to the top 100 : ( Incidentally my favorite Shaman King Op is not the Japanese one but the Italian Dub one (dont keil me) . One of those songs which you would like a shake a leg to

Marco Masini - Shaman king

Old 2008-10-15, 02:32   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm happy to see RahXephon's Hemisphere (14) and DYRL (38) up a lot higher than the last time I saw a poll like this on 2ch.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 03:06   Link #4
Blaat

It kind of suffers from "I grew up in the 90s therefore every 90s song is awesome and have some sentimental value" see Mahoujin Guruguru ED that made it in the top 10. :P
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 06:19   Link #5
X10A_Freedom

Some of my favs!

19th Shangri-la - Fafner
15th Akatsuki no Kuruma - SEED
13th Kimi wo Nosete - Laputa
7th Give a Reason - Slayers NEXT
4th Tori no Uta - AIR
1st: Cruel Angel Thesis - Evangelion

While I've never watched Evangelion, the beat of that song is really good when playing "Taiko no Tatsujin" at the arcades!

Edit: Find it a bit strange the OP of Slayers NEXT and Try made it but not the original.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2008-10-15 at 07:15.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 06:20   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was shocked that Ai Oboete Imasuka didn't make it in at ALL.

Neither did Butterfly from Digimon Adventure.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 12:41   Link #7
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Not really accurate to call it OPs as there are numerous EDs and movie themes in there.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 13:33   Link #8
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I was quite surprised to see a Digimon theme on 3rd place. Nothing against Digimon, but I am not sure if its because its so popular for young people these days or if people just like the song.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:05   Link #9
Vegard Aune

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST ABUSES THE EDIT-BUTTON TO DA MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It kind of suffers from "I grew up in the 90s therefore every 90s song is awesome and have some sentimental value" see Mahoujin Guruguru ED that made it in the top 10. :P
Tell me about it. I've only seen the first part, with like, the bottom 50 n'stuff, but out of those, there were only like, 2 songs I hadn't heard before that I actually liked.

And looking at someone else's post: Tori no Uta was #4? Well, I won't deny that it is a great song, but... 4th best anime-song ever? I kinda doubt it.

And why does Evangelion's theme being #1 not surprise me? I swear, the entire world likes that song, except me... (Or actually, I don't mind it, but it's the most overrated song ever.)

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Neither did Butterfly from Digimon Adventure.
3rd place. That hardly counts as "not making it in at all".

EDIT 2: "A whole new world" from Alladin? That's not even an anime in the first place!

EDIT 3: Now it seems to be getting a bit better. At least they've played several good songs at this point. (Currently at #204, "Minami Kaze" from Full Metal Panic TSR, which is one song I really like too, though just playing a short clip of it doesn't really do it justice.)

EDIT 4: Placing "Tomorrow" from the first FMP-series higher, on the other hand... *Readies a shotgun n'stuff*

EDIT 5: Yay, We Are! *Puts shotgun away*

EDIT 6: Sakura Saku Mirai Koi Yume? Okay, but if there's any more than one other (specific) song from Da Capo on the list, I'm gonna have to take out my shotgun again.

EDIT 7: Could we please keep insert-songs that were never played in the show off the list?

EDIT 8: Yay, Northern Lights!

EDIT 9: Yay, Brave Heart from Digimon Adventure!

EDIT 10: Yay, Nagato's image-song with the riddiculously long name from Haruhi! (Uguu~, I just contradicted edit 7...)

EDIT 11: Okay, there's the one other specific Da Capo-song I actually think deserves a spot on the list, generic as it may be. Guess I won't be needing that shotgun after all.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-10-17 at 11:16.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:16   Link #10
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was shocked that Ai Oboete Imasuka didn't make it in at ALL.
It came in at #28 which is a lot better than the last poll of this sort I saw on 2ch.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 04:04   Link #11
yachiru_no_hana

Send a message via Yahoo to yachiru_no_hana
Tori no Uta on #4 I can't believe that in entered the top ranks, From where do they base these rankings? Some of it are not acceptable on the rank position. Although I'm thinking that High School Musical (Japanese) version is on top.
yachiru_no_hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:34   Link #12
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

At least Dis- and Yuzurenai Negai are still within the top 10, both IMO great songs not a lot of people in the English speaking world knows about despite the series where they came from is licensed.

Also can't argue with the top 2 songs, because in all honesty, that's really the only way I got through both Aquarion and NGE, as both were terribly boring somewhere down the middle for me. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:34   Link #13
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachiru_no_hana View Post
Tori no Uta on #4 I can't believe that in entered the top ranks, From where do they base these rankings? Some of it are not acceptable on the rank position. Although I'm thinking that High School Musical (Japanese) version is on top.
They're voted in. Did you not understand? These are based on votes.
Old 2008-10-17, 09:35   Link #14
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
EDIT 2: "A whole new world" from Alladin? That's not even an anime in the first place!

Anime is animation to the Japanese. We're the weird ones, they consider all animated things to be anime.
Old 2008-10-17, 10:46   Link #15
matteas
Member Member

I am happy to see Tori no Uta on #4, Eternal Blaze on #11, hemisphere on #14, you on #21, Re-sublimity on #82 and what really surprised me is Anbaransu na Kisu on #78. It is great that people have not forgotten on the great opening and endings from Yuu Yuu Hakusho. Even Hohoemi no Bakudan made it really high.
What has disappointed me is the place of Melissa from Full Metal Alchemist (#287), Danzai no Hana from Claymore (#149) and the fact that Megumeru from Clannad, Last Regrets from Kanon, euphoric field from ef a tale of memories and Byakuya ~True Light~ from D.N.Angel are totally missing.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:37   Link #16
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
and the fact that Megumeru from Clannad, Last Regrets from Kanon, euphoric field from ef a tale of memories and Byakuya ~True Light~ from D.N.Angel are totally missing.
I agree that Euphoric Field and Byakuya ~True Light~ should really have been there... The Kanon-and-Clannad openings... Not so much. I for one, liked the ENDING from Kanon way more than the opening. (Actually, that one should have been on the list... Pretty high too. I like it more than about 290 of the songs on the list.)
Old 2008-10-17, 18:03   Link #17
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Nah, it's not my list. Some songs were too low, some of too high. And I still don't know what people like about Cruel Angel. Yeah, it's catchy, but only a so-so song. And where are the Kanon and Clannad Ops, Eds? Brave Heart 137, when Butterfly is 3rd? What the Hell, it's better than that!

And...

What about my precious Aria songs~~ T_T

Yokogao~~~!!
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:02   Link #18
yachiru_no_hana

Send a message via Yahoo to yachiru_no_hana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
They're voted in. Did you not understand? These are based on votes.
Yeah, I knew they voted it in.
yachiru_no_hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 11:31   Link #19
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Don't have time so just start form top 50
Personally, approved these to be in top 50, but not to be in such order: Uninstall(Bokurano) , Inner Universe(Ghost in the Shell), God know (SHny), Innocent Starter (Nanoha), Eternal Blaze(Nanoha As), Tori no Uta (AIR), Cruel Angel Thesis.

Certainly, the ranking in 2channel would have to be different with the general NA or international ranking, because the differences in popularity of some certain anime(s), then most of us don't understand Japanese while many Japanese don't mind the use of unnecessary English (or Engrish in some case)

Edit2:
Clearer when comparing, for eample with Aime Source "favourite anime song ranking" or favourite Op part 1 and 2

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-10-18 at 12:04.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 22:00   Link #20
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Don't have time so just start form top 50
Personally, approved these to be in top 50, but not to be in such order: Uninstall(Bokurano) , Inner Universe(Ghost in the Shell), God know (SHny), Innocent Starter (Nanoha), Eternal Blaze(Nanoha As), Tori no Uta (AIR), Cruel Angel Thesis.

Certainly, the ranking in 2channel would have to be different with the general NA or international ranking, because the differences in popularity of some certain anime(s), then most of us don't understand Japanese while many Japanese don't mind the use of unnecessary English (or Engrish in some case)

Edit2:
Clearer when comparing, for eample with Aime Source "favourite anime song ranking" or favourite Op part 1 and 2
There are a LOT of people that post on 2ch, you know. Enough to be a pretty accurate demographic slice.