AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 12:02   Link #61
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I'd be carefull, that is pointless too. (fun is never pointless, but whatever, rules&rules ) I wonder how long till this gets deleted as well
Lol its okay. I'll remember it for next time. Rules are good. Stops things from degenerating into the stuff you see on other anime forums.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 08:07   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
no it's not. tsunade actually has the senju dna. sakura doesn't have anything. which is your point i know.
No, my point was that Sasuke has EMS (clan heritage+Itachi's eyes) and Naruto has the kyuubi (now both halves, also he got sage training from the frogs while Sakura didn't get any special training from her summons), while Sakura has no special powers, so a direct comparison doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
she even has the first's dna and she still pales in comparison?
Because she doesn't have the 1st's DNA. The point of the manga (it's anime episode 333 currently) is that what the 1st had for free she she created out of her research, in this way she surpassed the 1st becuase even without any natural ability she gained superhuman strengh and instant healing ability. You know when Tsunade gives her speech to Madara. Sure she didn't reach the level of the 1st, but nobody else did, not even Madara of the past. For me that is why Tsunade (and the 3 sannins) are impressive, because i value more the same power when it's achived with hard work than when it's just given for free. The downside is that if you need research and long trainings it will take more time to reach a power level, the young sannins were nowhere near the power of Naruto and Sasuke. So my guess is that if we have another timeskip then the new Sakura will have a lot more to show us, i think that will include high level genjutsu too, that would be a logical powerup of the "inner sakura".

Quote:
why? the only reason i see is that she's a girl. kishi even brings it up endlessly that she's a girl. it's obviously on his mind as a writer
Yes in this manga girl are generally weaker on average, but this was know for years now, i don't think this one example stands out. I don't have problems with that, it's just how the real world is. Girls have other things than raw power to be better than males. I don't think you will find any feminist stuff in the action shonen manga genre

Quote:
as for sakura, she started the story on a higher level than naruto. naruto had no talent and no skill and no brain.
If you refer to intelligence that is still true, she's just smarter than Naruto and that will never change. But saying that Naruto had "no talent, skill and brain" is strange, why do you keep reading the manga if you hate the main character so much. It's obviously not true that he had none of these, in the very first chapter he learned a high level jutsu in just one night. By the way talented guys often do pranks (like paining the hokage monuments), they are often bad at school.

Quote:
it was only way later that we found out about his superhero dna.
He didn't inherit the special powers of his mother. His father didn't have any special power/dna, it was all his talent and hard work.

Quote:
no way. naruto and sasuke are now on hashirama and madara level (or close) so by your reasoning jiraiya and orochimaru must be there as well.
No, they aren't on that level. How many times were they saved until now, i can't even count it. Sure they are on their way to reach that level, which might happen in this war if they get a permanent powerup. But i think in this war their powerups will only be temporarily to win this war, they'll get their final powerups later.
By my reasoning there is raw power and there is knowledge and expreience, they have surpassed Jiraiya and Orochi in raw power but not in knowledge. Just think about Edo Tensei, it was Orochimaru who summoned the team of 4 hokages and not Sasuke. Orochimaru is the one who can store instances of himself in Anko and others, so that not even Itachi's soul sealing can kill him, Sasuke has nothing that could save him if he's defeating in a battle. The guys who are saved Naruto's and Sasuke's lives were summoned by Orochimaru.

Quote:
and as for orcohimaru, he basically amounts to a bunch of cheap tricks. don't get me wrong, he's my favorite villain, but he was no match for itachi. there's no way he's a match for EMS sasuke
The Kabuto that you saw was an Orochimaru wannabe. And that Orochimaru wannabe could have easily beaten Sasuke if Itachi didn't save him. I did underestimate Orochimaru thinking that he was killed by Itachi, but it turns out that the author wanted him back, or maybe he realized that the readers think that Orochi was the best villain (i voted for Tobi to be the best villain but then he turned out to be Obito who is obsessed with Rin...) so he brought him back. I agree that Orochimaru will never surpass Sasuke's strength, but my point was that it's not only strengh that determines how good a ninja is. You can say that Itachi easily defeated Orochimaru, but just look at who is alive now and who is dead. And the gap between their power will become even larger, Orochimaru knows that, he obviously researched that Sasuke's EMS will evolve to rinnegan, that's why both him and Kabuto wanted Sasuke's body/dna.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 11:06   Link #63
Cookie-Monster

Saw somewhere the other day that the animators were asking fans to send it suggestions for filler material. I was always under the assumption that fillers had to steer clear of manga material because they didn't want to interfere with any future plot in the manga.

But now that the manga is wrapping up, what are the chances well actually start getting more interesting fillers. I think i've watched like 3 fillers total out of the hundreds they've been. Bleach started having some decent fillers near the climax of the story. Especially now that the manga is ending, we can assume that the fillers will be dragged out ad-nauseam to milk the anime for everything its worth.

I dont care how cheesy a filler is, if it was something like Itachi's chuunin exam (or the sannins chuunin exam), I would watch it
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 11:49   Link #64
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
Saw somewhere the other day that the animators were asking fans to send it suggestions for filler material.
If you're referring to the tweet from Shippuden's director from a while ago, that might have been an inaccurate translation. Like, he was probably asking that jokingly, he wasn't really resorting to fan request to come up with the next filler portion.
And even if he did, an idea would have to meet certain requirements to work as a filler arc. They can't be super careless about it.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 01:40   Link #65
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The chapter 650 thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion