AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-12, 21:05   Link #1
blkraven

OGM "soft" subtitles changable

i have been tring to download the VSfilter for the subtitles in the OGM files (located in the media guide sticky at the top of this forum). and i cant seem to get the "install" screen up. when i finish downloading the file. So im wondering how to get this working. winRAR seems to be interfering.

I'm using Mplayer2 for windows and it already changes the language but i can't get the subtitles to come up.

can i have some sudjestions on how to fix this problem please?
Old 2004-01-12, 21:38   Link #2
SeeG
AniMe P.I.M.P

Send a message via AIM to SeeG
i believe if you scroll down to the last reply on the Media Guide it shows you how to install .dll & .ax files

EDIT: ill just paste it here

How to install DLL and AX files:

1) If the package ZIP or RAR contains a "Release" and "Release Unicode" directory, then if you're running Windows 98/Me extract the DLL/AX from the "Release" directory. If you're running Windows 2000/XP extract the DLL/AX from the "Release Unicode" directory.

2) Move the DLL/AX to "C:\WINDOWS\system32".

3) Go to Start->Run and type in "cmd" and hit enter. This will bring up the command prompt.

4) Run the following command "regsvr32 my_dll_or_ax_filename.dll_or_ax". If you receive a successful message then, the DLL/AX has been successfully instlled.

If you want to uninstall run "regsvr32 -u my_dll_or_ax_filename.dll_or_ax" and move the file out of system32.
Old 2004-01-12, 23:18   Link #3
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkraven
i have been tring to download the VSfilter for the subtitles in the OGM files (located in the media guide sticky at the top of this forum). and i cant seem to get the "install" screen up. when i finish downloading the file. So im wondering how to get this working. winRAR seems to be interfering.

I'm using Mplayer2 for windows and it already changes the language but i can't get the subtitles to come up.

can i have some sudjestions on how to fix this problem please?
I'm new to OGM myself, but I followed the instructions at this link, and OGM files display subtitles fine for me.

Hope that helps,
-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2004-01-13, 01:19   Link #4
blkraven

thanks guys i have been following this guide but for some reason it hadnt been working on this perticular file. im not exactly sure why but i will work with it till it gives up all its secrets.

Though i am always looking for anime friends that i could chat with interested? sour-do or anyone else.

PS. im at college with not much to do but talk to people and i only got 7 buddies on aim (IRC is blocked).