AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 16:33   Link #2221
Justin_Brett

She didn't seem like she anticipated it any more than Nanoha did: they both had an 'oh shit, I'm boned' face.

And while I won't disagree with that assessment, since they all have some degree of arrogance, somehow I doubt he'd bother boasting to Arnage. Cypha or Veyron, maybe.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 16:36   Link #2222
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
There are still passive defense measures. We also don't know the extent of Isis's neck breakage. Could have been minor enough to be fixed by some self healing magic.
Old 2011-05-29, 16:37   Link #2223
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plus, Devices can operate on their own. Puffy seems to be an Intelligent type.
Old 2011-05-29, 16:39   Link #2224
Justin_Brett

How would an immaterial substance like gas be able to serve a defensive role?
Old 2011-05-29, 16:41   Link #2225
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
How would an immaterial substance like gas be able to serve a defensive role?
It's kinda spelled out in plain translated Japanese. Though it seems I was wrong about the vector altering- it's more an electronic systems interference so ignore that.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 16:44   Link #2226
Justin_Brett

Sorry, I don't make a habit of rereading every chapter of a bad manga just so I can make sense in an argument.
Old 2011-05-29, 16:47   Link #2227
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Also don't forget that Dividers can outright ignore any magical defensive enhacement, thus Isis surviving being Ax hitted in the neck can't be attributed tu magic alone, also when it's true that we can't confirm the neck snapping, blood is still visible and the hit was strong enough to take Isis down from the sky so there are very few explanations for her fast rexovering aside of having an immensely tough body, even a minor injury on such a sensible area is of big importance. Nobody should be able to continue the fight after receiving a hit on that spot the way Isis took it, save probably for Subaru or the cyborgs.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 16:48   Link #2228
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Sorry, I don't make a habit of rereading every chapter of a bad manga just so I can make sense in an argument.
Uhuh. I'll say it again: if it's so bad, please take your arguments to something you actually give a shit about.

Old 2011-05-29, 16:54   Link #2229
Justin_Brett

Well, I care about the character in question. Just not the story she's involved in.

And I checked her page on the wiki and things related to it, and there was nothing about anything like that. If it's in earlier pages of this 112 thread, well, I'm sorry.
Old 2011-05-29, 17:08   Link #2230
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I'll quote it for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
White Perfume: Mystic Flight. It terminates the guidance and explosion mechanisms of missile objects.
Also called White Perfume #7. It's an electronic countermeasure system (that apparently also resembles a smokescreen), so yes; I was wrong about it possibly affecting the axe.

Old 2011-05-29, 17:15   Link #2231
Justin_Brett

That raises some further questions, actually. Does she have another variant for actual spells, or does she primarily encounter enemies who use kinetic weapons?

Maybe she's running from her dad.
Old 2011-05-29, 18:25   Link #2232
mielipuoli

A thought occurs to me - I would suggest that Isis is indeed a Combat Cyborg, for further reasons beyond the ones mentioned above. We know the TSAB has been involved in Bad Plans before. And we know that this scientist group that had Lily has been...working in questionable departments. Since Jail Scaglietti, who was a tool of the TSAB, is now in TSAB custody, who's to say his mysterious benefactors aren't still getting things from him? I mean, he's right where he could do them the most good, and even has a gaggle of Combat Cyborgs running around with him to help out.

Isis' existence, and the details behind it - if she is a CC - may lead to some really interesting developments...
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:36   Link #2233
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

What I'm curious about, and this is really just an area for fun speculation, is what the "disturbin' weapons" Isis had in her bag when she was captured were. We know Arnage didn't recognize the explosive chemicals disguised as cosmetics until they were used against her, so what do you imagine the more obvious weapons were?

Personally, I like to think she had a LAW tube and six kilos of C4.

Old 2011-05-29, 19:14   Link #2234
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

What Isis had on her could have been red herrings, you know.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 19:35   Link #2235
Justin_Brett

Quote:
A thought occurs to me - I would suggest that Isis is indeed a Combat Cyborg, for further reasons beyond the ones mentioned above. We know the TSAB has been involved in Bad Plans before. And we know that this scientist group that had Lily has been...working in questionable departments. Since Jail Scaglietti, who was a tool of the TSAB, is now in TSAB custody, who's to say his mysterious benefactors aren't still getting things from him? I mean, he's right where he could do them the most good, and even has a gaggle of Combat Cyborgs running around with him to help out.

Isis' existence, and the details behind it - if she is a CC - may lead to some really interesting developments...
This would make everyone who worked to capture him completely useless and negate the point of an entire season, so I hope not.

Plus Isis is too old to have been made recently.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:39   Link #2236
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Jail has been actively helping out in return for favours ala Hannibal Lector so he could be involved in all kinds of things.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:41   Link #2237
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We do know that there's others out there who've made Combat Cyborgs, like Ginga and Subaru's creator. They don't necessarily have to be allies of Jail.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:44   Link #2238
Justin_Brett

Yeah, from the heroes. I'm kind of assuming Hayate, or Fate at the very least would keep an eye on him, at least second-hand, to make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:51   Link #2239
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Anyways, I don't see why she can't just be a simple heiress who doesn't like the high life and is travelling to get away from her family.

She's an heiress, master tailor, powerful mage, etc, and slapping 'combat cyborg' onto that feels like something an author would do when making a Mary Sue.
Old 2011-05-29, 19:59   Link #2240
Justin_Brett

I'll be fine with anything just as long as she's not suddenly connected to the Eclipse too, since every other new character is.

It's certainly less stupid than the 'her and Curren are sisters/clones' theory, at least.

Tags
manga, nanoha force