AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-08, 19:28   Link #41
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

How about a favorite quotes thread?
Old 2007-04-09, 08:03   Link #42
Setsuchan

What about a "Sell your Death Note related stuff" or something? I have 5 Death Note yaoi doujinshi's I'd like to sell XD~ (so yeah,if you are interested..)
Old 2007-04-09, 10:26   Link #43
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuchan View Post
What about a "Sell your Death Note related stuff" or something? I have 5 Death Note yaoi doujinshi's I'd like to sell XD~ (so yeah,if you are interested..)
Sorry but we do not allow buy/sell threads in the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai1 View Post
How about a favorite quotes thread?
Sounds OK, I think you need to prompt one of the Mods more familiar with the series than I am and ask if they would create the thread
Old 2007-04-10, 14:19   Link #44
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Could we start the second edition of the "vote for your favorite characters" thread sometime soon? I think this would be an appropriate place at which to do it.
Old 2007-04-12, 12:16   Link #45
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Could we have a Thread for the time line of the main events in death note?.
Old 2007-04-14, 01:12   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Could we start the second edition of the "vote for your favorite characters" thread sometime soon? I think this would be an appropriate place at which to do it.
May I have a list? A list of those names would make it easy for someone as lazy as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Could we have a Thread for the time line of the main events in death note?.
Can you elaborate a bit more on how this thread will attract any potential poster to contribute?

P.S. The favorite quote thread will be up sometime today.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:37   Link #47
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Can you elaborate a bit more on how this thread will attract any potential poster to contribute?

P.S. The favorite quote thread will be up sometime today.
About attracting posters, it probably will not attract that many but will probably attract many viewers . It could even be made as a sticky thread ( of course if you see fit). We could have the first post as the main post and update it as the anime goes and thus many people who are confused ( like myself) can see how and in what order the main events occured.
Old 2007-04-14, 14:25   Link #48
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May I have a list? A list of those names would make it easy for someone as lazy as me.
Okay, sure. I put them in alphabetical order and left out most of the supporting characters, which makes it about the same length as the previous list. Thinking about it twice, actually, it would be good to wait until the anime is a few more weeks into the second half of the story before posting this, but that's obviously up to your discretion.

Spoiler for Excluding deceased and minor characters from part 1:
Old 2007-04-14, 14:43   Link #49
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
About attracting posters, it probably will not attract that many but will probably attract many viewers . It could even be made as a sticky thread ( of course if you see fit). We could have the first post as the main post and update it as the anime goes and thus many people who are confused ( like myself) can see how and in what order the main events occured.
Sounds good to me providing you are the one willing to put in the work, though I believe you will get a lot of help and suggestions from other fans once the thread is up. Submit your opnening post here whenever you are ready and the thread will be created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Thinking about it twice, actually, it would be good to wait until the anime is a few more weeks into the second half of the story before posting this, but that's obviously up to your discretion.
I'll take up on your suggestion and wait a couple of weeks before creating this favorite character poll. Light should run away with this poll now that L is no where to be seen.

edit: The favourite quote thread is now up!

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-15 at 21:45.
Old 2007-04-29, 11:21   Link #50
Setsuchan

I would like to request a thread about the Death Note novel,'Another Note' =]
Old 2007-05-01, 14:54   Link #51
Malefact
Radio Tinkerer

I'd like to make a thread to link to and discuss a Radio adaptation of Death Note that I've made with actors and friends, begun recently, to get ideas, comments and criticism to help make it better =)
Old 2007-05-07, 18:45   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuchan View Post
I would like to request a thread about the Death Note novel,'Another Note' =]
Thread created. A 2nd thread for the favourite character is also up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefact View Post
I'd like to make a thread to link to and discuss a Radio adaptation of Death Note that I've made with actors and friends, begun recently, to get ideas, comments and criticism to help make it better =)
Why not use the Fan Creation section of the forum for your specific needs. You can create the thread on your own in that section.

Edit: The favourite character thread is closed. Apparently there is one more character who will soon to make his/her appearance. The thread will be reopened then. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by monir; 2007-05-07 at 18:58.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:17   Link #53
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Could someone make a thread for an english dubbed DN discussion?
Old 2007-05-14, 14:58   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

We've already got episode discussion thread for episodes 1 to current. Just reuse those.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-14, 15:31   Link #55
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki View Post
Could someone make a thread for an english dubbed DN discussion?
Or are you asking for an English version of the Death Note Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion thread?
Old 2007-05-14, 17:40   Link #56
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I think he want one of those English Dub Disucssion threads.
The type that usually just evolve into Name What's Worng With The Dub..
-----------------------------------------
At NoSannyWa..
Isn't that.. a little too messy :/
Old 2007-05-14, 20:43   Link #57
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Since this particular request for a thread by Ryuuzaki has gotten two mods, and one artist guessing about the nature of the discussion, we will just wait until Ryuuzaki decides to clarify himself/herself in better words.
Old 2007-05-14, 22:52   Link #58
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Well, I was just wondering if a thread could be made to discuss the new dubbed series, when it comes out, what people think about it...but it would probably just turn into a "Name What's Worng With The Dub" as previously mentioned...
Old 2007-05-18, 11:11   Link #59
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I'm thinking of a "Death Note ownership transfer" thread, as the story progresses, it can become quite confusing as to who actually owns which DN, who is really just safekeeping the DN and not owning it outright, and which Shinigami the DN follows. The DN timeline would be based mainly from the vol 13 "How To Read" official data book.

Wonder if this is a good idea? Though I'm also fine with it being in the Q&A thread.
Old 2007-05-18, 12:29   Link #60
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'm thinking of a "Death Note ownership transfer" thread, as the story progresses, it can become quite confusing as to who actually owns which DN, who is really just safekeeping the DN and not owning it outright, and which Shinigami the DN follows. The DN timeline would be based mainly from the vol 13 "How To Read" official data book.

Wonder if this is a good idea? Though I'm also fine with it being in the Q&A thread.
Actually I have a lot of troubles myself while trying to keep track of all the various DN passages (I think I lost what were going on with them around episode 27-28), so I think it would be indeed a good idea.

What I'm wondering though, is if it can generate some discussion (that would be the purpose of a thread, after all). From your post I assume you're going to compile a post when you sum up the various DN ownership, specifying for each case which is the Death Note who's the former owner (shinigami) and who's the user (human). That would be the thread's start (correct me if I am wrong).
Which kind of replies could it have? Since I don't see many of them, perhaps posting in Q&A would be the best option.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. (and also that of another mod confident with Death Note, if he happens to read )