AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 09:43   Link #121
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I am still having confusions regarding who likes who...

Nishizawa+Hinagiku+Nagi -->Hayate--> Maria

Saki-->Wataru--> Isumi
Old 2009-07-27, 12:35   Link #122
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
I am still having confusions regarding who likes who...

Nishizawa+Hinagiku+Nagi -->Hayate--> Maria

Saki-->Wataru--> Isumi
It's hard to say where Maria fits in, so I'm not putting her anywhere.

Nishizawa, Hinagiku, Nagi, Kotetsu -> Hayate
Saki (probably) -> Wataru -> Isumi -> Hayate

And if you're keeping up with the manga:

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
Old 2009-07-27, 14:29   Link #123
GDB

Don't forget the Nun likes Wataru too, and possibly Sakuya.

And I think Isumi gave up on Hayate.
Old 2009-07-27, 17:29   Link #124
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

If you ask me, Sakuya is a toss up like Maria is.

In fact, it's kind of weird how the Sakuya x Wataru and Hayate x Maria relationship are so similar... at least, to me anyway.

And while Isumi may have given up, it still seems like she still does like Hayate.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:21   Link #125
Justin Kim
*Artist

Just a question, is the manga ahead of the anime's story plot (meaning the 1st and 2nd season of Hayate no Gotoku)? Has the manga's scantalations caught up with the current chapter currently being released in Japan?
Old 2009-08-02, 21:44   Link #126
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Just a question, is the manga ahead of the anime's story plot (meaning the 1st and 2nd season of Hayate no Gotoku)?
Of course.

Quote:
Has the manga's scantalations caught up with the current chapter currently being released in Japan?
There's some gaps, and some of the chapters have... questionable quality, but about 90% of the chapters are translated and relatively readable. Most of the gaps are in the stuff from about a year ago though, the more recent stuff is up to date.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:49   Link #127
Justin Kim
*Artist

I have also heard that Viz media started liscensing the manga for distrubution in the Americas. Does anyone know how many volumes have been released in English?
Old 2009-08-02, 21:54   Link #128
GDB

Quote:
I have also heard that Viz media started liscensing the manga for distrubution in the Americas. Does anyone know how many volumes have been released in English?
11 as of right now, I believe the 12th comes out in two weeks.
Old 2009-08-04, 06:39   Link #129
Justin Kim
*Artist

How many volumes are there in Japan though?
Old 2009-08-04, 09:37   Link #130
Serffix

Quote:
How many volumes are there in Japan though?
There are 19 volumes out atm and the 20th is on its way.
Old 2009-08-12, 16:11   Link #131
Neogen
White Wind

Send a message via AIM to Neogen
I'm sure this question is asked quite often, but is there any definate length to this season of Hayate (anime)? I really want 52 again, but as far as I've seen, people believe it will be 26, half of the last season.
Old 2009-08-12, 17:41   Link #132
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogen View Post
I'm sure this question is asked quite often, but is there any definate length to this season of Hayate (anime)? I really want 52 again, but as far as I've seen, people believe it will be 26, half of the last season.
According to the DVD and Blu-Ray solicitations, it'll feature 25 episodes (spread over 9 volumes). This is to be expected, though, as the show was moved to a late-night TV timeslot where shows very rarely exceed 25-26 episodes in length (the first season aired on Saturday morning kids timeslot where shows typically last a year or more). Of course, all this doesn't preclude the possibility of a third season down the road.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:06   Link #133
Justin Kim
*Artist

Is there any further development between Hayate and Hina after her birthday? (Within the manga, and the anime?)
Old 2009-08-14, 01:23   Link #134
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Is there any further development between Hayate and Hina after her birthday? (Within the manga, and the anime?)
Within the manga, yes. With the latest chapters of the manga, there's some pretty important stuff going on between Hayate and Hina.

As for the anime, there's one other thing that happens between them, but it's nowhere near as dramatic/important as the birthday bit.
Old 2009-08-16, 10:43   Link #135
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

there's a lot going on, and latest chapter for manga might prove that it's biggest development of all.
Quote:
Old 2009-08-25, 18:57   Link #136
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I rmeember watching like the first 20 episodes or so....and it was pretty funny...but it kinda got repetitive. Does the anime get any better? And is there any new development in season 2 that would make it worth it for me to go back and watch the episodes i missed as well as pick up all the new ones?
Old 2009-08-25, 19:08   Link #137
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I rmeember watching like the first 20 episodes or so....and it was pretty funny...but it kinda got repetitive. Does the anime get any better? And is there any new development in season 2 that would make it worth it for me to go back and watch the episodes i missed as well as pick up all the new ones?
Actually, it's fine if you don't watch episode 20+ (i assume you're talking about season 1) because it's mostly anime-original episodes. It's still quite funny (because it takes some of its material from the one-shot chapters in the manga) but it does get a bit repetitive for ones who wants some development in the story.

Season 2 actually follows the manga more. It has more development (the trigger to the actual story IMO). I'm not sure whether it will have enough episodes to actually reach the main story, but it is one of the groundwork of it. And season 2 starts after episode 19 of the 1st season, so it's fine to jump straight to the 2nd season.

Hope that helps
Old 2009-08-25, 19:40   Link #138
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Actually, it's fine if you don't watch episode 20+ (i assume you're talking about season 1) because it's mostly anime-original episodes. It's still quite funny (because it takes some of its material from the one-shot chapters in the manga) but it does get a bit repetitive for ones who wants some development in the story.

Season 2 actually follows the manga more. It has more development (the trigger to the actual story IMO). I'm not sure whether it will have enough episodes to actually reach the main story, but it is one of the groundwork of it. And season 2 starts after episode 19 of the 1st season, so it's fine to jump straight to the 2nd season.

Hope that helps
Ahhh so i'll just go back and rewatch 19 and jump straight from there. Thanks man! I'm really looking for some plot development thats why i stopped watching ahha cuz i remember it went nowhere...btw, +rep for your help!

Last edited by miroku2192; 2009-08-25 at 20:30.
Old 2009-08-25, 19:43   Link #139
GDB

Yeah, if you want plot just those early season 1 episodes and then off to season 2!
Old 2009-08-25, 20:29   Link #140
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, if you want plot just those early season 1 episodes and then off to season 2!
And is all of season 2 following the manga? How many episodes will be left to cover the rest of the manga?
Closed Thread