AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2010-05-15, 08:15   Link #1021
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Wow this has derailed a bit!

On another note, confirmed date as per a few of the book sites I visit in the UK seems to suggest we'll be seeing the second novel on 22nd June (or perhaps a little earlier if we pre-order, I'm considering moving mine to another site after amazon messed me around before).
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 10:39   Link #1022
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
suggest we'll be seeing the second novel on 22nd June
I wouldn't be so definitive about the specific date. June, yes. But the 22nd? That's a real maybe. Yen Press doesn't keep to specific dates as well as some of the other publishers. The book may be released earlier in the month or later in the month. I'm sure it'll come out in June. I just wouldn't count on walking into a bookstore on the 22nd and 100% expecting to find it on the shelf. (Yes, tyranuus, I know you said that you were ordering from online. I'm just saying this for everyone else. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 13:05   Link #1023
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Regardless, I have to wait on ordering the novel since I will be moving to West Virginia and don't want to have to worry about it coming to my old address first.

Dang you job security!!!! Hahahaha!
Old 2010-05-15, 14:46   Link #1024
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Dang you job security!!!! Hahahaha!
Me oh my. Not too many people are cursing their job security right now. If you don't want your job security no more, I know of several people who could use some right about now.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-05-15, 15:37   Link #1025
Silent Wanderer

I just buy them from the store, instead of ordering them. I don't know the person at the counter, and they usually won't remember your face.

Can't wait for it to come out though.
Silent Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 18:09   Link #1026
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Me oh my. Not too many people are cursing their job security right now. If you don't want your job security no more, I know of several people who could use some right about now.
Strictly sarcasm... trust me... I need this job! I got $160,000 that I owe. Besides, making the transition from student to physician is exciting... scary... but very, very exciting! I've been working toward this for a long time... can't believe it's finally here!

The only reason I prefer to buy online is well, sometimes you get bonuses that will save money down the line, and I do honestly still worry about strange looks... at times, I still ALMOST feel like I have to justify myself. But, then I remember that I have no bad intention, and I don't have to explain to then why I like it.
Old 2010-05-15, 19:25   Link #1027
Silent Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Strictly sarcasm... trust me... I need this job! I got $160,000 that I owe. Besides, making the transition from student to physician is exciting... scary... but very, very exciting! I've been working toward this for a long time... can't believe it's finally here!
*claps*Congrats!

Quote:
The only reason I prefer to buy online is well, sometimes you get bonuses that will save money down the line, and I do honestly still worry about strange looks... at times, I still ALMOST feel like I have to justify myself. But, then I remember that I have no bad intention, and I don't have to explain to then why I like it.
Don't worry about the looks! Buy it like a man! I was not embarrassed in the least and did not feel like I had to justify myself at all!!

Okay I lied. I didn't try to justify myself, though.

Last edited by Silent Wanderer; 2010-05-15 at 19:51.
Silent Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 16:30   Link #1028
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
I wouldn't be so definitive about the specific date. June, yes. But the 22nd? That's a real maybe. Yen Press doesn't keep to specific dates as well as some of the other publishers.
Well 22nd of June is the release date listed on several large UK book retailer's sites, I'd imagine thier suppliers got the info somewhere, even if it turns out not to be 100%. It's not so much me being definative, as them haha
Either way 22nd seems to be the popular given candidate release date at least when it comes to the UK it would seem (I ran round all the big ones in the UK and they all listed 22nd or just June), as long as thier supplier information is correct. If it comes earlier, even better.

And,yes my copy of the second book has been pre-ordered for months
Old 2010-05-18, 03:50   Link #1029
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

Well I pre-ordered my copy from Barns&Noble a couple days ago and on the verification mail for the shipping date is on the 27 of July ................. Does this means that the release date has been postpone a month? because I don't think that the library is going to wait a second shipment of the books just to deliver all the remaining pre-orders when they can just order more books in the first place.................right??
SakuraAyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 06:07   Link #1030
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Could just be when they're expecting to get stock. Yen Press's site and all the major UK booksellers still list June.
It is also possible Barnes&Noble have had a decent number of pre-orders for the title, but are unwilling to order large deliveries of a relatively niche title so yours will come from a later shipment. I've seen similar stuff happen with other companies before, even if it would make sense to try and fulfil preorders (you have to remember we dont know how big the initial print run is and it may simply be a case of Yen Press being unable/unwilling to roll out enough copies at once to meet the orders from all the sites, or alternatively, the company that supplies Barnes & Noble being able to allocate the required level of stock initially).
Old 2010-05-20, 13:42   Link #1031
darkburst

I found what looks like the 3rd volume cover for Spice and Wolf.

Here at B&N!

Amazon has the same picture as well.

Last edited by darkburst; 2010-05-20 at 13:43. Reason: amazon edit
darkburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 16:39   Link #1032
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Very nice art, will be interested to see what the westernised version looks like.
Old 2010-05-21, 05:31   Link #1033
Rajura

Quote:
Very nice art, will be interested to see what the westernised version looks like.

I just had the same thought... if they go with a "non-animated" rendition of this cover, will they do it justice? Oh and will we see what Yen thinks Holo's face looks like in the "real world"?

Regardless, in the end, I just hope they keep producing the books (though a respectable dust jacket is highly appreciated and as long as the real Holo is on the book cover)!
Old 2010-06-04, 22:43   Link #1034
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

I was checking S&W 3 art cover last week when I notice that there was a special discount on books and both vol 2 and 3 were cheaper than normal. So been the cheapskate that I am :P I cancel my previous order and order both books. Well luckily unlike the last time, the shipping date for vol 2 was on June 4 which is today ^^ so pretty soon I'll bee reading the book
Old 2010-06-05, 01:24   Link #1035
Rajura

Just checked my account with RS in light of that... mine says the current status is "all backordered" and "not yet shipped"!

I reaaaaaaally want a first print of the novel!!!
Old 2010-06-05, 21:58   Link #1036
LKK

Bought my copy of novel 2 tonight at my local Borders. Didn't see it at Barnes & Noble, but then I've never found the S&W novel at B&N. (I'm sure it's there. I just don't know where.)

Old 2010-06-06, 10:13   Link #1037
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

You've got it already?

Lucky so and so! Its not due to reach the shores of Europe til towards the end of June (Amazon were estimating me 28th as day of delivery, have since cancelled with them and reordered from Play, they're just listing the 22nd, if they get them in then they will be a bit quicker, and a bit cheaper too)

Hope the quality of the translation is looking good
How's the controversial cover/slipcover combo in the flesh?

Still LKK, looks like, at least for the US, Yen/Hachette have got it out slightly earlier than expected! Sweet!
Old 2010-06-06, 10:47   Link #1038
LKK

Quote:
How's the controversial cover/slipcover combo in the flesh?
It looks fine to me. But I'm so not the person to be asking that question of because I had no real problems with the first cover. For the record, I didn't like the first volume's original Japanese cover or the photoshopped US cover because I think both pictures are mediocre. I have 2 copies of the folded dust jacket. Don't use them. Bottom line is I don't care for the S&W novel or manga art. I'm not even buying the manga as a result. This is one of those rare (for me) cases where the anime art is much more to my liking.

Old 2010-06-06, 15:08   Link #1039
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

No worries, I just thought I'd ask because of how many people sort of went overboard on the covers!

I dont actually mind the artwork, but I see what you're getting at, the artwork is somewhat different to the style used in the anime, and it's art, it's all preference!
I personally dont mind either type, although the different art styles do seem to embody different aspects of Horo more than the others

What can I say, Im a fan of S&W regardless of format
Old 2010-06-06, 17:04   Link #1040
SakuraAyanami
Skies Of Dawn

Quote:
This is one of those rare (for me) cases where the anime art is much more to my liking.
Cool. In that case which one do you like more? the Imagin studio art of the first season, or the Brain's Base studios art of the second season?

In my case is not rare that I like more the art of the anime than of the light novel/manga/visual novel/ etc. But on terms of how the story is develop I then to like a lot more the latter.

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen