AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-21, 03:51   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 593 (manga)

Hope you guys are hungry, 'cuz Oda's serving us one heaping helping of OP this week....!

-Chapter title is "NEWS". Splash page features Aokiji and Tsuru (hmmm, quite the interesting couple, there ).

-We first focus on Robin, who's with the revolutionaries at East Blue. They tell her that they've been searching for her for 10 years, as she's the last survivor of Ohara. They want her to meet with Dragon, but she says she'd rather rejoin with her crew instead. The rebels then read a newspaper and find out that Luffy, who's been MIA since the war, has gotten involved in a new incident. Meanwhile, as Robin is passing through the gigantic bridge, she's told that the world nobles were the ones who ordered it to be built. She then receives the news about Luffy, and seems more relieved that he's safe rather than worried about his latest shenanigans.....

-Meanwhile, at the Kamabakka Kingdom, Sanji talks to Iva, who doesn't believe he's Luffy's crewmate because of his wanted poster (lol ). Sanji asks him to at least lend him a ship, but the tranny king still refuses. It turns out that Sanji managed to resist the influence of the island's inhabitants, and challenges Iva to a duel in order to use his ship. After Sanji loses (again, lol ), Iva decides to tell him about Luffy, anyway. Sanji also discovers the incredible new event involving Luffy in the newspaper, just when Iva receives a call from Dragon. The two talk about Luffy and Garp, and then Dragon says that he'll have to gather all of his commanders from around the world since the government will soon change its ways as a result of Whitebeard's death. He then tells Iva that he'll further elaborate on what happened to Kuma when they meet.......

-Meanwhile, we look at Sabaody, where Duval's gang is still protecting the Thousand Sunny. They also heard the news about Luffy, and Shakky expresses her relief that Rayleigh managed to reach the young rookie. One of Duval's men then point out that Kuma has appeared, and indeed, the Shichibukai is standing before Duval's gang.....

-We then go to Alabasta, where Cobra and his generals talk about the pirate situation, then about Luffy. It turns out that Vivi also received the newspaper article, and seems rather puzzled about his situation. At another random location, Crocodile and Daz Bones are reading the article, as well. They note that only 3 weeks have passed since the war, and Daz thinks that Luffy's got some grand scheme in mind for being so reckless. Crocodile then says that he's going to pay the New World a visit, and invites his partner to come along with him......

-Finally, we see Buggy reunite with his old crew, and they celebrate his return. Mr. 3 and his Impel Down followers are with him, as well. Buggy shows off Captain John's treasure mark to Alvida, just when Mr. 3 receives a message from the government. He too, finds out about some rather outstanding news......

...er, sorry I took so long making the thread. AP's pretty much going through some major traffic right now, so I had a little trouble gathering the info. Still, this is quite a chapter we've got here! Geez, is Rayleigh having Luffy train by doing some kinda earth-shattering stunt, or what? I also loved the scene with Sanji and Iva (amusingly enough, that fake spoiler of mine turned out to be partially true, after all! ). I definitely can't wait to see the rest of Dragon's rebel commanders (I think it's safe to say at this point that our good friend Sabo is amongst them ). It's also pretty cool to see Croc and Daz preparing to tackle the New World, as well. And just what business does Kuma have with Duval (or perhaps it has to do with the Sunny? Hmmm....).

But of course, Buggy's scene is my favorite of all! If he got a message directly from the government, could this perhaps mean that he was offered the Shichibukai position? I do admit that would be pretty badass (though I'd still rather see his new bounty instead). Man, so much info packed into this chapter, and yet I'm still left craving for more......
Old 2010-07-21, 04:02   Link #2
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I wanted to believe that they just skyrocket Buggy's bounty to heavens rivaling Donflamingo but then why would they personally send this messenger "bat"?.Shichibukai seems like the only answer.

And Sanji suddenly becoming straight again was kinda random.
Old 2010-07-21, 04:30   Link #3
John D.

^Sanji's part with Iva-chan was hilarious and Buggy's part as well. Would be cool if the World Governant message to Buggy was an offer to become a Shichibukai ... (would be amusing if they let go of Moria because he was "useless" only to hire Buggy as a replacement^)
Old 2010-07-21, 04:59   Link #4
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
And Sanji suddenly becoming straight again was kinda random.
Not really, he never ceased to be straight. Unless you're talking about that brainwashing thing from anime filler bullcrap. ("Caroline" doesn't even exist in the manga.)

It's implied that the natives tired him out and forced him into a dress afterwards, but he resists this time.

Anyway, his whole interaction with Iva is nothing short of hilarious. Sanji's face faults always kill me.
Old 2010-07-21, 05:03   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eh, I was right, Luffy caused a new incident. I'm dying to know what he did exactly. Cool to see what Croc and Buggy are up to now, I agree that Buggy is probably being offered a Shichibukai position, there are a lot of open spots right now, who better than Buggy the messiah to fill one of them?

I'm very relieved that Sanji is still the same old gentleman. The anime depiction of his cover story scared me a little.

As for Kuma attacking the Thousand Sunny, I'm predicting Shakky will kick his butt. Or maybe he hasn't truly been brainwashed.
Old 2010-07-21, 06:16   Link #6
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Thumbs down

Nah, a fat bounty increase is more than enough, Buggy as a shichibukai would be a bad joke. Why would they offer the position to a guy who can't back it up? He'd get brutally pwned by any of the supernovas, who in turn are brutally outclassed by the top tier characters. Nothing against Buggy, but unless he gets a significant power-up he should just stay as a comedy relief character. I don't want a Mister Satan 2.0...
Old 2010-07-21, 06:40   Link #7
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Wow, what a chapter.

Quite glad the Sanji is a transexual thing was just a joke, although Oda seems to like to take some jokes a bit too far..like the whole Buggy thing.
Old 2010-07-21, 06:55   Link #8
seiji_kun

This part had me cracking up. Sanji's facial expressions are priceless like always. And didn't expect Iva not believing he's Luffy's crewmate cause of the picture but still so hilarious . Then him coughing up blood... To bad his next bounty won't be a picture of him as an okama.

And as expected, of course Chopper didn't react on a bounty increase but cause there was a new incident with Luffy. Still Croc and Vivi's reaction really makes me wonder what. Oda really knows how to put someone on the edge of his seat.

I wonder what the bat delivered. Does seem an invitation to the shichibukai since why would the WG else contact a pirate. Still after getting rid of Moria, inviting a weakling like Buggy seems facepalm worthy. Speak of the WG overestimating him just cause he was in Roger's crew. Does seem he'll be a satan 2.0.

Kuma with his bible, is there still hope for him? Or is Shakky going to own him to save Merry? Hope the first rather then the latter though the latter would be incredible to see.
Old 2010-07-21, 07:20   Link #9
Paraden1989

I'm rather mad at the Anime fillers! i thought that they were canons to the series, but unfortunately they aren't and now they screwed up what the manga is saying.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:29   Link #10
james0246

While a fun chapter, we have been tempted with this news for 3 chapters now, so I'm a little annoyed that Oda is spending an entire month (4 chapters...unless he screws us over next week and doesn't reveal anything yet again) playing around with a newspaper. Hopefully he is done setting up the next arc and we can finally move on from these variety of characters sittting down with some coffee and reading the news...
Old 2010-07-21, 08:48   Link #11
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
I'm rather mad at the Anime fillers! i thought that they were canons to the series, but unfortunately they aren't and now they screwed up what the manga is saying.
Not so much cannon...but they weren't all that far off. In the anime, we saw Franky making his way to Vegapunk's lab, and then somethin happened at the end...and then the manga carries on from there. Canon or not, that fit in nicely, just like Robin's story..too. Chopper as well imo.

Also, awesome chapter.
I wonder what this "Incident" regarding Luffy is all about? A new bounty perhaps? Luffy could end up meetin his old man soon. And Dragon..and the meeting of the Revolutionary commanders...that's gonna be sweet. I wonder what the truth behind Kuma is....is Vegapunk a double-agent or something? That would amke alotta sense,
Old 2010-07-21, 08:53   Link #12
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While a fun chapter, we have been tempted with this news for 3 chapters now, so I'm a little annoyed that Oda is spending an entire month (4 chapters...unless he screws us over next week and doesn't reveal anything yet again) playing around with a newspaper. Hopefully he is done setting up the next arc and we can finally move on from these variety of characters sittting down with some coffee and reading the news...
Haha you're dying to know what it is, just like most people, huh?
Old 2010-07-21, 09:03   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Haha you're dying to know what it is, just like most people, huh?
I was dying to know what it was last week and the week before. Now I'm just a little annoyed and wondering if we have to go through another chapter of reaction shots...
Old 2010-07-21, 09:42   Link #14
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
I was dying to know what it was last week and the week before. Now I'm just a little annoyed and wondering if we have to go through another chapter of reaction shots...
We're out of Straw Hats to give reaction shots, so it will probably be revealed next time.
Old 2010-07-21, 11:48   Link #15
marcusJulius

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
We're out of Straw Hats to give reaction shots, so it will probably be revealed next time.
I hope so. This has not been done much in One Piece, so I am really curious.

Also, 593 is a great chapter.
Old 2010-07-21, 12:19   Link #16
Vree

Buggy as a Shichibukai: I admit it, him receiving that offer would be hilarious. But also if it happens I want him to turn it down. (Mostly out of fear of being called to battle, and partly out of respect for Roger.) What's funny is that this would probably even further add to his legend ("our captain Buggy, he won't be the government's dog! He's aiming straight for the title of Younkou and then the Pirate King!")
Old 2010-07-21, 12:38   Link #17
marvelB

Heh, heh..... people may scoff at Buggy now, but it's only a matter of time until his greatness is recognized. Whether the government is offering him a Shichibukai position or not doesn't really matter in the end, as the clown is destined to rise above all others either way! However, as I said before, I still would have preferred it if he got a fat bounty raise instead (but then it wouldn't make sense for the WG to personally send him that "message bat" if it were just to notify him about a new bounty. Or maybe they could be offering him a different title, like that of a world noble?).......

Quote:

Don't like being teased, eh? Well, it doesn't really bother me too much since I'm pretty much used to dealing with stuff like this. Even so, since we've had all of the Straw-Hats' updates already, it should only be a matter of time until Oda reveals Luffy's latest antics to us readers.....

BTW, I was highly amused to see Sanji lose against Iva so easily. Even if it was pretty much a gag, it still really goes to show that the guy (or gal?) really is a higher-tier fighter, after all. It really makes me wonder how strong the rest of Dragon's commanders are......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Buggy as a Shichibukai: I admit it, him receiving that offer would be hilarious. But also if it happens I want him to turn it down. (Mostly out of fear of being called to battle, and partly out of respect for Roger.) What's funny is that this would probably even further add to his legend ("our captain Buggy, he won't be the government's dog! He's aiming straight for the title of Younkou and then the Pirate King!")

Y'know, that's actually entirely plausible! Plus, that way we'll still get Buggy's astronimically high new bounty after all! Yep, I approve of this idea.
Old 2010-07-21, 12:40   Link #18
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't see what the big fuss over this chapter was. It was just Oda building up towards a big revelation that will soon be discovered. Oda has always kept us in suspense, so what's with the special treatment here?

In any case, I'm very interested as to what's going to happen. It seems to be pretty serious if Dragon is going to have all of his commanders convene at a specific location.
Old 2010-07-21, 12:46   Link #19
james0246

^I'm guessing that the big reveal will be a Buster Call heading to Amazon Lily with at least one Admiral in charge...
Old 2010-07-21, 12:52   Link #20
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
oda has stated that buggy is only a comic relief character right? he won't actually interfere with any major plot in the story?

buggy gets annoying after awhile