AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-05, 20:58   Link #141
TheRime

ARGH, I can't stand it! Why are there more new characters with more names and powers to memorize and try to make sense of? And I really, really hope the "soul" in objects is just another way of saying "spirit particles," because I can't take another set of nonsensical rules as to how this universe works. I also hope that necklace is heavy as hell, because otherwise they just screwed conservation of mass.

And why does the new girl look like Loly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
In pages into the chapter I knew Chad had to be with Xcution.. Kubo sucks at surprises. I Also think that Chad probably injured Ishida because there's no way he could have got owned like the way he did :/
eh, I don't think so. I think that it's his first time meeting Xcution, because wasn't that girl retrieving him for the first time? And the guy who attacked Ishida was much skinnier than Chad. Also, he was wearing overalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Indeed.
What's funny is that they see exactly how the 'perfect woman' is exploited and perhaps will still not change their value on the matter (as if such a portrayal would).
I think it's more the fact that they feel Momo is a tragic character. Because she's exploited for being a "perfect woman," they sympathize with her. Whereas in America, where people have a more feminist viewpoint, Momo is seen more as weak-willed and foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
The soul king's ass is Urahara's hat??!!
Old 2011-01-05, 21:09   Link #142
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
so does the soul of the orange get ripped into 2 parts (juice, and pulp+ skin) and the soul of the orange juice is an almagation of souls like the menos?
Wait better
Juice- amplify it and fillabusting= Soda
Pulp- Amplify or fillbust- It is my own personnel slide
Skin- Amplify and fillabust- I SAVED A LIFE!!!!
Old 2011-01-06, 03:28   Link #143
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

^ and there's orange juice hollows, that look like evil versions of kool aid guy

and there's also orange juice shinigami, with their own gotei 13, and juice society. and juicepakuto. and somewhere within juice society's gotei 13 there's a traitor with a shikai that's different to what he claimed it to be...

but in the real world a carton of juice possesses powerful spiritual juice powers. that juice is called oranji juicesaki...

there needs to be a mirror arc about inanimate object's souls.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-01-09, 22:12   Link #144
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Chapter 1- pges 1 Hi
Chapter 2- pges 1Hello
Week later
Chapter 3- pages 1 Nice
week later -pages 1 to
chapter 4-pages1 meet
chapter 5- you
Old 2011-01-10, 00:07   Link #145
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Any one else besides me think that there is a serious lack of action in the last few chapters.... lol i just made a captain obvious joke... lol, but seriously, not enough action and not enough smexy chicks in bleach latlely, get to it KT!!! just get to it already...guaddamitt!!!!!
Old 2011-01-10, 00:31   Link #146
secretzfan
*Fansubber

There was some info out though I wonder if editors make it slow so they can make more money
Old 2011-01-10, 14:38   Link #147
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Any one else besides me think that there is a serious lack of action in the last few chapters.... lol i just made a captain obvious joke... lol, but seriously, not enough action and not enough smexy chicks in bleach latlely, get to it KT!!! just get to it already...guaddamitt!!!!!
Yeah, having a plot sucks ass.
Old 2011-01-11, 00:48   Link #148
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Dude, I'm not saying that, but at least make go a little faster, I mean it's been painfully slow going so far. I am all for plot and a good story but he's gotta move it along. He could have done the whole business card and phone call in one chapter, he is seriously dragging ass or stalling, whichever it is I don't care. I was was just saying he needs to hurry it up, in a sarcastic way that is...
Old 2011-01-11, 01:40   Link #149
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
IMO, a few chapters without fighting won't hurt anything. Hell, some whole series don't even have fighting in them.

Yeah yeah, I know, shonen genre and all. I don't really think fiction should be divided into genres though. It takes away from the whole that a fiction could be, IMO. :/ I'm weird like that.
Old 2011-01-11, 02:42   Link #150
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

solving problems by hitting it with tensa zangetsu gets tiresome after a while. lets get some mystery solved by the scooby gang uryu ishida, who, lets be honest, seems to be the few of ichigo's friends who uses their brain more often than their brawn.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-01-11, 06:49   Link #151
Irkalla
I asked for this

The thing about Kubos so called plots is that he doesn't plan ahead. You can't have a decent plot without planning ahead, everything just looks like he is pulling it straight out of his ass. Drawing lots of shifty eyes and cropped intense looks doesn't make it any more mysterious either. When you do these sudden plot shifts, introduce new characters, you can't really care much about them, at least I don't. The only thing Kubo is good at writing is silly pervy situations/comedy. All that said, I like his attempts to do something meaningful far better than just the endless fight sequences, so meh. I'll stick to the manga and hope for the best.
Old 2011-01-11, 08:01   Link #152
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I haven't read Bleach from last 2 weeks skimming through chapters . I do hope pieces are falling together . This is the prequel to Ishhin back story / arc .

Isshin did say his powers were sealed away mostly likely he got them back through the Rogue Bunch . Also IMO Isshin lost his powers just like Ichigo . Saying this on basis of Isshin's references to Engetsu .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
The thing about Kubos so called plots is that he doesn't plan ahead. You can't have a decent plot without planning ahead, everything just looks like he is pulling it straight out of his ass. Drawing lots of shifty eyes and cropped intense looks doesn't make it any more mysterious either. When you do these sudden plot shifts, introduce new characters, you can't really care much about them, at least I don't.

Agree with you there but its not KT alone it all weekly manga kas . I do think KT is a horrid storyteller . There are lot of discrepancies in the manga also personally I do feel KT has lost his spark or interest after SS arc . The Plot is going at snail's face also the overall story is getting a bit stale . Also lot of fights do not equal a plot , hopefully KT has learnt the lesson .

Quote:
All that said, I like his attempts to do something meaningful far better than just the endless fight sequences, so meh. I'll stick to the manga and hope for the best
Yeah KT does create a lot of new characters without bothering to develop older characters . The only way Bleach would be enjoyable for me is . SS Folk entering Karakura High again this time Taichos as Teachers .

Quote:
The only thing Kubo is good at writing is silly pervy situations/comedy.
Always felt KT should turn to writing H.Manga . With characters like Luppi and art skills Kubo is bound to strike Gold .

Talking about H.Mangas lot of MangaKas go senile when they grow old . And get into H.Manga the father of hentai also is Go Nagai
Old 2011-01-12, 02:28   Link #153
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
The thing about Kubos so called plots is that he doesn't plan ahead. You can't have a decent plot without planning ahead, everything just looks like he is pulling it straight out of his ass. Drawing lots of shifty eyes and cropped intense looks doesn't make it any more mysterious either. When you do these sudden plot shifts, introduce new characters, you can't really care much about them, at least I don't.
Agree with you there but its not KT alone it all weekly manga kas . I do think KT is a horrid storyteller . There are lot of discrepancies in the manga also personally I do feel KT has lost his spark or interest after SS arc . The Plot is going at snail's face also the overall story is getting a bit stale . Also lot of fights do not equal a plot , hopefully KT has learnt the lesson .
Gotta disagree with you there. I can think of at least two popular weekly mangaka off the top of my head who have shown time and again that they can plan ahead and stick to it, and that's One Piece's Oda and Negima's Akamatsu.

Kubo's just not a very good writer to begin with. He's a good idea man, though, and a good artist, it just looks to me like he needs an editor to be on his ass 24/7 like I'm sure was the case until his popularity blew up during the SS Arc. It's the same thing that worked so well for George Lucas when he was making the original Star Wars trilogy, only then the editor was named "budget". Now Kubo's more or less untouchable to editors, since he's gotten himself enough rabid fans that he could spend a volume spilling ink on the pages and cutting dialogue out of the newspaper and still make it handily into the top ten.

Hopefully this new arc is a sign that he's realized the shit he's piled up until now, and is taking a long step back to reevaluate and plan ahead...but I wouldn't bet on it...
Old 2011-01-12, 03:12   Link #154
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Isint there a chapter this week??
Old 2011-01-12, 04:31   Link #155
kiak666

Looks like spoilers are out, with an explanation of how Xcution obtain their powers.

Spoiler for Kubo's Explanation:
Old 2011-01-12, 04:48   Link #156
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Looks like spoilers are out, with an explanation of how Xcution obtain their powers.

Holy crap the Bount made more sense than that... LOL Kubo...
Old 2011-01-12, 05:43   Link #157
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post

Hahaha...Good thing he didn't use the pregnant woman plot..Then they'd be like Blade..except hollow XD
Old 2011-01-12, 05:57   Link #158
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for RE:spoiler:
Old 2011-01-12, 06:39   Link #159
secretzfan
*Fansubber

spoilers are out i have it
Old 2011-01-12, 08:32   Link #160
otacu
Flag forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Not having a plot sucks even more.

Quote:
Dude, I'm not saying that, but at least make go a little faster, I mean it's been painfully slow going so far. I am all for plot and a good story but he's gotta move it along. He could have done the whole business card and phone call in one chapter, he is seriously dragging ass or stalling, whichever it is I don't care. I was was just saying he needs to hurry it up, in a sarcastic way that is...
This.

At the moment Bleach doesn't have fights, it doesn't have boobs (and so we have people craving for Yoruichi or Rangiku)... but it doesn't have a plot either. Or at least the plot is so thin than majority of the readers feel like Bleach chapters are almost empty.
I mean the "plot" of the past chapters could have been done in half the pages. Heck probably Oda could have told us the same "plot" in just one single chapter. Instead we have KT wasting pages after pages looking at character's silent faces, dramatic poses and silly dialogues ("ehi i like ramen" "O rly?" or "wow your are 5 minutes early" "not rly just 3 minutes" omg that's intense!).
He is just wasting pages with random a worthless pictures and dialogues. No value actionwise, no value comedywise and almost no value plotwise.

And yes i know shonenjump manga are not well known for plot but even for sj standards Bleach is doing extremely bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion