AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 16:23   Link #1001
Eater of All
NOM

Regarding the robot, when a human is being pushed, he shifts his body in a way that effectively counteracts the external force. If he just stands there like a stick, it doesn't take much wind to knock him over. GunPro2 is the same (bonus for being designed to be light; even GunPro1 would've withstood the wind better).
Old 2013-02-09, 17:47   Link #1002
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
"Why did the Kagome-Kagome rington plays, for the white noise call, that let the exoskelton run berserk in the first place." The Kagome-Kagome rington was associated with Kimijima for me. Why should the Song be used for a Tool of the "300".
In one of the early Kimijima reports, he says that the Kagome song is like a signature of the Committee of 300, if I remember right. I think the song should be more associated with the Committee than with Kimijima.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:17   Link #1003
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What a SCREW UP episode.... Are deaths the trend in this week's episodes? Shin has deaths, and Psycho des as well....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 19:21   Link #1004
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What a SCREW UP episode.... Are deaths the trend in this week's episodes? Shin has deaths, and Psycho des as well....
exactly what I was thinking, this seems like Death Week in japan.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 20:51   Link #1005
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, so it’s not fiction anymore? Then let me ask, from all those data you provided, is there any exoskeleton as thin and only cover the legs as the one in R;N that can move on its own and have enough power to brush off a boy’s strength like it was nothing while continue walking? I'm just curious.
you do remember this is a SCI FI SHOW right? that is sent like 20 years in the future
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 21:01   Link #1006
Aquifina

A lot of the inherent scientific/technological implausibility in this series I can live with--this is anime, after all--what I was more annoyed by was the extremely sudden introduction of an extremely traumatic death, in a series whose general emotional tone has been so different up to now. Yes, dramatic power can come from unexpectedness, but there's a fine balance between a good dramatic twist and emotional inconsistency, and I saw the latter rather than the former. I'm not saying R;N can't possibly do a death at this point after the episodes and story we've previously seen, but if they want to go there, they have to craft a situation where the circumstances require such a drastic outcome. This was just so... out of left field.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 21:04   Link #1007
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Sry i had messed up the link of the HAL Exeskelton with the leg typ, thats is btw nearly 10 years old:

http://www.pressebox.de/presscorner/...60/iframe/1460
Oh, so it's nearly 10 years old? Doesn't matter. Since you said the exoskeleton legs in R;N is not fiction anymore, give me the most recent exoskeleton legs that can move on its own and force the user to walk and be almost unstoppable in terms of balance and power even with the interference of a male teenager's full strength. I'm waiting for good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
you do remember this is a SCI FI SHOW right? that is sent like 20 years in the future
Oh, I'm not arguing with that. I'm arguing with how max2k said that exoskeleton legs in the latest episode of R;N is not a fiction anymore for some time now.
Old 2013-02-09, 21:54   Link #1008
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
A lot of the inherent scientific/technological implausibility in this series I can live with--this is anime, after all--what I was more annoyed by was the extremely sudden introduction of an extremely traumatic death, in a series whose general emotional tone has been so different up to now. Yes, dramatic power can come from unexpectedness, but there's a fine balance between a good dramatic twist and emotional inconsistency, and I saw the latter rather than the former. I'm not saying R;N can't possibly do a death at this point after the episodes and story we've previously seen, but if they want to go there, they have to craft a situation where the circumstances require such a drastic outcome. This was just so... out of left field.
The scene worked for me quite well and didn't feel at all out of place; I think Robotics Notes has been growing more serious for quite some time now, and that episode 15 had a rather somber, quietly unsettling atmosphere with everyone trying to live life despite things around them starting to fall apart (namely the eerie way technology is becoming so glitchy and unstable). I would agree the scene felt abrupt and out of place if R;N had never moved beyond its original cheerful tone, but I think it's shifted into the closing scene quite smoothly and naturally.

Quote:
Six-seven years, actually. :p Episode 1 was June 2019, 16 was January 2020. Still, at the rate technology is progressing, I don't think that a machine which is arguably realistic even by 2013 standards should be all that questionable for 2020.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 22:37   Link #1009
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Still, at the rate technology is progressing, I don't think that a machine which is arguably realistic even by 2013 standards should be all that questionable for 2020.
Mind you that I don’t consider that exoskeleton legs itself that unrealistic. What I think is unrealistic is what it can do in the particular episode (which I already described in my previous posts). If you think otherwise, then I will respect your opinion. The problem is, people has been quoting or replying to me and invite me in some arguments. I just go along with it. By no means I try to shove my opinion down others' throat by repeatedly posting it here again and again.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:44   Link #1010
Dr. Casey

Right, and I hope that I haven't managed to get on your nerves either by harping on the issue for too long.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 01:21   Link #1011
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Six-seven years, actually. episode 1 was June 2019, 16 was January 2020. Still, at the rate technology is progressing, I don't think that a machine which is arguably realistic even by 2013 standards should be all that questionable for 2020.
I was referring to from the time the exoskeleton were available to the point of time in the story. I think that is a bit of still but it gets my point across that if it exist now there is no way that after 20 years that this can't have advanced far enough to do what is in that scene.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 10:59   Link #1012
LKK

I've been puzzling over this question for a couple of days now. I haven't come to a good answer yet. So I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

Why do you think Mizuka was targeted?

I'm convinced that the exoskeleton malfunction was no mere malfunction. I believe that behavior was triggered purposefully by Committee 300 representatives, most likely Misaki's boss. But why? Kai should be the one that the boss wants out of the picture. Kai is the threat. So why go after Mizuka? Did the boss hope that somehow Mizuka's exoskeleton would take down Kai too? That seems unlikely.

It occurred to me that Mizuka's death may be Misaki's punishment for shielding Kai. I could see boss doing that. But killing Mizuka in front of Kai seems counterproductive because the act should warn Kai about the dangerous situation he's in. (I'm assuming that boss knew Kai was there by the GPS in his phone pad.)

Or maybe? Maybe there is an unknown third party involved? Someone other than boss who arranged Mizuka's death?? If so, who? And again, why?

I keep coming back to "why". Why was Mizuka killed? I can't figure out a good answer for that question.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-02-10, 11:37   Link #1013
max2k

If i think over it, it maybee even a protective measure by Misaki. If Mizuka would finaly give Kai all the information over Kimijimam that she had, Kai would possible draw even more attention of the "300". So she sacrificed her to protect him.

Is only a very random though: Because she should know this death will posible inspire him even more to know the truth and do some thing.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:03   Link #1014
LKK

Quote:
If i think over it, it maybee even a protective measure by Misaki. If Mizuka would finaly give Kai all the information over Kimijimam that she had, Kai would possible draw even more attention of the "300". So she sacrificed her to protect him.
ACK! What a horrible thought. I sure hope you're wrong.

Quote:
Is only a very random though: Because she should know this death will posible inspire him even more to know the truth and do some thing.
I agree that Misaki ought to know that trying to dissuade Kai after such a situation wouldn't work. Boss may not know that about Kai, but Misaki should. Then again, I'd have thought that Mizuka would have known that just telling Kai to stop without explaining why -- "Do it because I say so!" -- wouldn't work either. Yet clearly, she didn't. So maybe Misaki made a similar mistake albeit with more tragic consequences.

Old 2013-02-10, 16:44   Link #1015
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Then again, I'd have thought that Mizuka would have known that just telling Kai to stop without explaining why -- "Do it because I say so!" -- wouldn't work either. Yet clearly, she didn't.
That's not the impression I got. She clearly knew it didn't work. She also talked to Airi, saying something like "Why don't you just go away?" That, too, was probably more to vent her frustration. Note that, also, she didn't refuse to provide him with information. Why? My guess is that she didn't want him to investigate out of her reach.

Clearly, she would have liked him to stop, and the warning was genuine, but I don't get the idea that she thought it would work. But what else can she do? She doesn't want to get him in deeper, but anything that might get him to stop might also get him to know too much.

There's a lot we don't know. One possibility I see is that the committee also wants to get their hands on the report, but the strange nature of the security system prevents them from having access. So they might want Kai to get hold of the report (as snatching it from him is a lot easier than snatching it from Kamijima...). Mizuka may be aware of that, too. For example, I'm not sure what that "Tell Misaki 'thanks for the legs,'" is about; it could be a coded message. The three of them (and possibly Kona's mum) might have a history with Kamijima.

So, from the perspective of the committee, getting rid of Mizuka might also mean getting rid of an obstacle (and they might have kept her around to get at Kimijima's code, supervising her and controlling her via the exo-skeleton; and she might have become unnecessary, Kai being more useful at that stage, for getting at Kamijima). But it also sends a message to Kai (we're very dangerous) that might be detrimental to him retrieving the report. Finally, it also sends a message to Misaki (you know we mean business, right?).

This situation is such a mess, and there's so much we don't know. The connections make my head spin. I'm thinking the next thread to unravel is Subaru's dad's hatred for robots... (And what's with the teacher in charge of the roboclub; there seems to be some sort of connection there with the impact-guy from the robo-firm... I can't keep up. )
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 17:47   Link #1016
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
excellent episode and series

my reaction at all those deaths

Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 23:08   Link #1017
Magewolf

The committee seems to have no real reason to kill Mizuka in that way at that time.She was trying to stop Kai from reading the Kimijima reports.All her death does is make him more driven to find and believe them.

However Kimijima had a good reason to want to remove anyone trying to get in his way.If Misaki knows everything in the reports and is working undercover for Kimijima's plan then I think there is a lot of the ends justify the means going on.I would not be surprised if it was Sister Centipede that took control of her exoskeleton.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 00:09   Link #1018
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh, so it's nearly 10 years old? Doesn't matter. Since you said the exoskeleton legs in R;N is not fiction anymore, give me the most recent exoskeleton legs that can move on its own and force the user to walk and be almost unstoppable in terms of balance and power even with the interference of a male teenager's full strength. I'm waiting for good news.

Oh, I'm not arguing with that. I'm arguing with how max2k said that exoskeleton legs in the latest episode of R;N is not a fiction anymore for some time now.
Realistically speaking, it's impossible unless they somehow connect with the ground.. kinda like Michael Jackson.

Anime physics though.. It's just meant to be a shocker. She was a useless character anyways.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 00:24   Link #1019
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Realistically speaking, it's impossible unless they somehow connect with the ground.. kinda like Michael Jackson.
Thanx for stressing my point, Haru.
Old 2013-02-11, 07:51   Link #1020
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 16:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction