AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-07, 00:32   Link #21
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

PS2 isn't cat friendly
Old 2003-12-07, 00:37   Link #22
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
I know, my cat tried to put a disc in my ps2 the other day and he got stuck. I wish he could put the dics in by himself but sadly i have to help him. Helping my cat play ps2 always results in a embarassing defeat :'(
Old 2003-12-07, 00:40   Link #23
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I'm thinking of sending my cat to the 2004 Kitty GameCube World Championships
Old 2003-12-07, 00:43   Link #24
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
My cat would so, beat your cat. He's like a prodigy! *gasp* I could also enter! I'm part neko!
Old 2003-12-07, 00:46   Link #25
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Has anyone tried to play DDR with his cat? Mine always pwns me T_T
Old 2003-12-07, 00:47   Link #26
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
PS2 is cat friendly
Old 2003-12-07, 00:48   Link #27
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
maybe you need a hamster
Old 2003-12-07, 00:48   Link #28
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST
Has anyone tried to play DDR with his cat? Mine always pwns me T_T

Wow that's odd. My cat prefers fighting games.

Hamsters are cool, I bet they'd love to play that hamtaro game for GBA
Old 2003-12-07, 00:52   Link #29
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Ahh, there's no way a ps2 could be cat friendly. They don't see as many colors as a human does and they cannot see fine detail like text on the screen.
Old 2003-12-07, 00:55   Link #30
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

They don't need to see well, Cats have a 6th sense...
Old 2003-12-07, 00:58   Link #31
Jonakr
Jononymous User

Send a message via AIM to Jonakr Send a message via MSN to Jonakr Send a message via Yahoo to Jonakr
Cats get more lives too. Don't you know?
Old 2003-12-07, 00:58   Link #32
GATX207_Blitz
Gobble Gobble

Send a message via MSN to GATX207_Blitz
http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features...521860,00.html

animal testing for games??
(watch the video)

don't take this seriously
Old 2003-12-07, 00:59   Link #33
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Cats are going to take over the world soon!
Old 2003-12-07, 01:07   Link #34
JAppi
Banned

I cannot believe it! The companies are evil!
Old 2003-12-07, 01:14   Link #35
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
For what? It's not really important how the thing is called, as long as it's good/the games are good.
And as long as the systems are downwards compatible I think they can keep the similar name.

Maybe you don't realise it, but the name is what gets it to sell more units. C'mon, you think the "launch games" were SOOO GOOD to make ps2 sell as much as it did during launch? Sorry, but no......name sells, its common fact. Now if it was the same thing as it is, and was made by ZONY and called PLAYLAND 2, you think it would sell as much?
Old 2003-12-07, 01:19   Link #36
The Small One

Well, I'm a pragmatist; I don't care about the name, I only care about the price and the quality.
Old 2003-12-07, 01:22   Link #37
Dark Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, I'm a pragmatist; I don't care about the name, I only care about the price and the quality.
Well, I'm like you, but you cannot just dismiss the fact that people buy stuff due to the name associated with it. I hate playstation, but i own one, why, cuz i like some games available for it. But I can name 98% of people who bought it, just because its a "playstation".........but those are just mindless fanboys. Flame away fanboys......not like its going to help any of you.

If more people where like you and me, and thought about QUALITY, i think more xboxs and gamecubes would have been sold. But sadly, thats not the case.
Old 2003-12-07, 01:33   Link #38
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

what i meant by kitty games were childish games....no offense but i personally think pokemon stadium and that kinda trash* is a bit too immature for me.
Old 2003-12-07, 01:40   Link #39
Dark Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
what i meant by kitty games were childish games....no offense but i personally think pokemon stadium and that kinda trash* is a bit too immature for me.
Its "kiDDy" DAMMIT! Well the same can be said about any other game, wow, guess ps2 is KIDDY too, with its crash nitro kart, and its spyro games, and its ratchet and clank....etc etc, get my point? Its a matter of opinion.....the games look is not what makes it kiddy, which most of you feel it does, its what the games theme and target goes for. Some even go to the limits as n64 and GC games are kiddy due to its color scheme, which is just stupid. Guess FFX or FFX-2 is JUST as kiddy in that aspect, with its flashy colors and all.
Old 2003-12-07, 04:34   Link #40
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
Maybe you don't realise it, but the name is what gets it to sell more units. C'mon, you think the "launch games" were SOOO GOOD to make ps2 sell as much as it did during launch? Sorry, but no......name sells, its common fact. Now if it was the same thing as it is, and was made by ZONY and called PLAYLAND 2, you think it would sell as much?

So you're saying because of its name, PS2 was dominate? Not because it had a DVD player...? Not the fact it had the ability to play PSX games...? The fact PSX was a household name (i.e. dominating the market)? Lets forget the fact that all the major game companies were throwing all their best games at PS2. So because someone at Sony was like "Hey lets just call it Playstation, and next one.... PLAYSTATION 2" someone went "BRILLANT". ? I'll you wut, as long my Zony Playland 2 plays my PLX games, I don't care what they call it. Seriously though, you are right, the name did sell, BUT it was NOT by far the driving force. During the first year of the PS2 I was working at what you could call a video game shop in the ghetto. I was selling PS2s like hotcakes, you know why? Sony took a great idea, and made it even better. What sold the PS2 was the fact it was three things in one. DVD player + PS2 + a PSX. You're getting 3 different functions for the price of a Gamecube that only has one, or an XBOX that had two. Hell people don't even prounce Playstation anymore, they merely say PS2. That's besides the point though. Thanks the PSX's domination and veriety of games for it, playing PSX games on the PS2 was a big-deal to a lot of low-income budge it people who wanted something cost efficient, yet state of the art, and they got that with the PS2.

Quote:
If more people where like you and me, and thought about QUALITY, i think more xboxs and gamecubes would have been sold. But sadly, thats not the case.?
So what you're saying is because a PS2 is "inferior" in its abilities, compared to the XBOX and GameCube, its not quality? Why? Hows the DVDless- GameCube, or the bullet-proof XBOX better, and why? Isn't the "quality" not in the hardware but in the games? Because, really that's why PS2 IS the best.

Quote:
Its "kiDDy" DAMMIT! Well the same can be said about any other game, wow, guess ps2 is KIDDY too, with its crash nitro kart, and its spyro games, and its ratchet and clank....etc etc, get my point? Its a matter of opinion.....the games look is not what makes it kiddy, which most of you feel it does, its what the games theme and target goes for. Some even go to the limits as n64 and GC games are kiddy due to its color scheme, which is just stupid. Guess FFX or FFX-2 is JUST as kiddy in that aspect, with its flashy colors and all.
True. But during the next gen wars (Saturn/PSX/N64) Nintendo was the OOPS company of that time (Surprising its not SEGA, isn't it?) because they made four major mistakes:

1.) Arrogance, "We don't need you Square.", then "We don't need you."
2.) Selective targeting... "Lets market it towards the children..... ONLY."
3.) Cartridges.
4.) Because of 3, the inablity to play SNES cartridges. (Sony learned from this.)

Although they released some mature games during their dying year/months (Conker, RE2 etc. etc.) they paid the price.

So like PSX being what it was, Nintendo's N64 being what is was... a children's gaming company, that's what the public image of the GameCube was, a next generation console tailored towards children. In my opinion, GameCube is kiddy, all you gotta do is look at the majority of the games, GameCube got lucky with their two RE games, and Metriod Prime wasn't kiddy either... but overall, its pretty much kiddy/port console. (I'm not counting Bloody Roar/SC2 and other games of that nature since they're all available for all systems. I'm talking system exculsive.)
Closed Thread